Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/24/20, 10:36 AM   #1
Space Seasons
Ranger In Training

Default Why did they add Elgar to Space?

He was one of the comedic villains in Turbo. Why add him to Space, when the villains were much more serious?
Space Seasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/20, 10:39 AM   #2
Turbo Black
Comic Relief

Default Re: Why did they add Elgar to Space?

I think its because the original plan was for Divatox to remain as big bad in Space. Dimitria was also going to remain as mentor. Dark Spector was gonna be Exhaus' PR counterpart. Elgar was just a hold over from that plan. For whatever reason they kept him.
Turbo Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/20, 10:42 AM   #3
Power Red
Putty Patroller

I think its more because they spent a lot of money to make the Elger Costume and wanted to use it again. Plus they didn't have the suits for Ecliptor and Darkconda at first.
Power Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/20, 11:31 AM   #4
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

It reminds me how the original plan was for Zedd and Rita were supposed to be the big bad's in Turbo. In this scenario Divatox would have been in the Astronema role for Space.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/20, 11:45 AM   #5
Zordon's Legacy
Ranger In Training

It was definitely because they didn't have access to Ecliptor for the first ten episodes. Notice how Elgar's role was heavily scaled back after episode 10? Thats because they received the Ecliptor suit and could use him more. They used Elgar in the first ten episodes to get to that point.

There is a reason Ecliptor was introduced as a monster of the week before showing back up the next episode as a full time henchmen. Which was odder because he was seemingly destroyed. They had to use a lot of tricks to show him in the Dark Fortress in early episodes.

Space also has some production issues really early on. They couldn't even really show the while Dark Fortress in the premiere. Thats why we just go a close up of Astronema.
Zordon's Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/20, 12:17 PM   #6
Turbo Black
Comic Relief

I still think it is what I mentioned about the original plan being Divatox as the main villian in Space.
Turbo Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/20, 12:18 PM   #7
Power Red
Putty Patroller

If that was true why would you even keep Elgar then? It makes no sense. The obvious answer is the suit issue. Definitely when it came to Ecliptor.
Power Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/20, 09:27 PM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zordon's Legacy View Post
It was definitely because they didn't have access to Ecliptor for the first ten episodes. Notice how Elgar's role was heavily scaled back after episode 10? Thats because they received the Ecliptor suit and could use him more. They used Elgar in the first ten episodes to get to that point.

There is a reason Ecliptor was introduced as a monster of the week before showing back up the next episode as a full time henchmen. Which was odder because he was seemingly destroyed. They had to use a lot of tricks to show him in the Dark Fortress in early episodes.

Space also has some production issues really early on. They couldn't even really show the while Dark Fortress in the premiere. Thats why we just go a close up of Astronema.

I don’t know how valid the production issues are but you are most certainly correct that the issue was likely because they hadn’t gotten the suit for Ecliptor yet since Toei was usually slow with shipping such stuff out.
Out of the original villains which one was the first to get new footage? Not the monsters or the foot soldiers; Putties in this case since I am referring to our original first season.
Rita?
Goldar?
Finster?
Squatt?
Baboo?
Scorpina?
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/20, 09:40 PM   #9
Titanium Steel
Putty Patroller

They just wanted to add comic relief
Titanium Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/20, 09:45 PM   #10
DinoThunder Purple
Putty Patroller

I never got how Elgar was even Divatox's nephew, They looked nothing alike.
DinoThunder Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply