Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/31/15, 10:52 AM   #1
AndrosRC
Putty Patroller

Default Lost Galaxy and Universal Morphing Grid

So I started rewatching the Lost Galaxy arc of PRLG and something occoured to me. How do the powers still work in the Lost Galaxy? If the sabers (which arr the source of the ranger powers) are attached to the Universal Morphing Grid as is assumed, then once they are removed from said universe, how can the powers work?

Im sure some will argue that Mirinoi was in the lost galaxy to start, but that raises the same question only the other way around. I also know this can be asked about other instances as well. Goldars Dark Dimension, the Dream World in Samurai, and many others. I am truly stumped by this as it seems there is no way of answerimg it without questioning the grid itself. We know its a physical area due to PROO: OAR, so how can it be in 2 universes at once? Could it be its own alternate dimension as well and run through all existing dimensions? I truly am stumped by this dillema.
AndrosRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/15, 11:32 AM   #2
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Default Re: Lost Galaxy and Universal Morphing Grid

The problem is that they never really were consistant about the Morphing Grid until RPM.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/15, 01:49 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrosRC View Post
So I started rewatching the Lost Galaxy arc of PRLG and something occoured to me. How do the powers still work in the Lost Galaxy? If the sabers (which arr the source of the ranger powers) are attached to the Universal Morphing Grid as is assumed, then once they are removed from said universe, how can the powers work?

Im sure some will argue that Mirinoi was in the lost galaxy to start, but that raises the same question only the other way around. I also know this can be asked about other instances as well. Goldars Dark Dimension, the Dream World in Samurai, and many others. I am truly stumped by this as it seems there is no way of answerimg it without questioning the grid itself. We know its a physical area due to PROO: OAR, so how can it be in 2 universes at once? Could it be its own alternate dimension as well and run through all existing dimensions? I truly am stumped by this dillema.
I believe the best way to describe it would be to call it as the Universal Morphin Grid which means it's a grid that can be found anywhere whether it's Edenoi, Aquitar, Earth, Triforia, Mirinoi or even in alternate dimensions such as Zedd's Dark Dimension. Yes on Earth there was a physical representation of the grid but that could just be an Earth visual representation of what the grid looks like when you go into it through an Earth portal.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/15, 12:37 PM   #4
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Thats a good explanation for the physical morphing grid scene. Too bad the writers weren't as smart as you.
Old 06/07/16, 07:46 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
Thats a good explanation for the physical morphing grid scene. Too bad the writers weren't as smart as you.
either that or the writers just didn't care about coming up with an explanation.
Old 07/04/16, 01:30 PM   #6
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

I'm starting to think the MMPR Rangers were the only team to use the true Morphing Grid.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/16, 02:04 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMPR Forever View Post
I'm starting to think the MMPR Rangers were the only team to use the true Morphing Grid.
incorrect since there's only ever been 1 Morphin' Grid in the main timeline of the TV series.
Old 07/06/16, 07:18 PM   #8
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

I just think the MMPR grid is the one true grid and all the other ones were fake.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/16, 07:20 PM   #9
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

As much as I have hated the show for most of the last decade. I think we can safely say the Morphing Grid has been the same . Except maybe for RPM.
Old 07/07/16, 08:28 PM   #10
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

The only team that didn't use the Grid was Zeo. Of course like has been said.... RPM used a grid from another universe.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply