Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Website/Club/Updates Advertisements

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09/25/18, 02:39 PM   #1
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Default Power Rangers Realm

Power Rangers Realm is coming back this December! Just in time for the Hasbro Era of Power Rangers, there will be a new kind of PR board on the Internet!

But before the opening, the board needs to be set up the right way. So I'm posting this thread for those who would be willing to give good and constructive feedback for the comeback of Power Rangers Realm. What would you want to see of a PR-based boards that isn't yet on any other? My goal is to make a one-of-a-kind website. I already have a base forum structure set, but it is no different from the one used on, for example, here on RangerCrew.

Feel free to leave your suggestions in this thread or via PM. I'm also available on PRE (I'm Mnikolic over there - capital "M") and on RangerCrew (Mnikolic). In addition, if you have forum admin experience and know how to add forum categories, forums and set forum permissions and member groups settings and if you are familiar with Jcink, I can pre-register you with the username and the e-mail you want (to send via PM). Also, if you are interested in taking a closer look as a regular member, pre-registrations are now open.

I've already got some ideas, and one of them is to create an index of all common Power Ranger topics. The primary focus of the board will be just Power Rangers at first, and depending on how it all works out, Super Sentai sections will be added as well.

The board's address is https://powerrangersrealm.jcink.net/index.php. See you there!
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/18, 09:17 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Power Rangers Realm

Good luck!
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/18, 11:08 PM   #3
Hailey Hartford

I am a staff member on the board. I volunteered.
Hailey Hartford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/18, 07:53 AM   #4
Miki1988
Power Ranger

As of now, I'm almost done with the following:
  • forum layout (categories & forums & sub-forums)
  • Board Wrappers (codes)

This is the list of the things which still need to be done:
  • Forum Seassonial Skins (1 skin for the representation of every season)
  • Forever Ranger Skins (based on the MMPR suits color scheme - Black, Pink, Blue, Yellow and Red)
  • 6th Ranger Skins (Green, Silver, Black, White, Combo Rangers, color variations included)
  • Creating a test board for some code & skin testing.
  • Going trough the Admin CP's every setting and to put the best system & board settings in place.
  • Member Groups Re-Structure (new staff concept & system)

A lot of work remains to be done and October's already started.

I'll post when I'm done with setting the forum layout and the board wrappers. Which should be sometime around next weekend (GMT+1 Time Zone).

Unofficially - I'm also thinking of doing a beta testing for Power Rangers Realm.
I'm still looking for 2 Administrators and 2 Moderators - all of who, besides getting to be involved in the building of the board - will get to see its development in progress.
Old 10/13/18, 09:24 AM   #5
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Since I don't have a lot of time at my disposal at daytime due to a family situation, I will be unable to start working on the first three originally planned tasks, listed in my post above (forum sessional skins, Forever Ranger skins and 6th Ranger skins). However, I might still be able to do the final two tasks as I've already registered a test board for Power Rangers Realm.

Anyway, I might be opening the board earlier than I originally planned after I load up some content to it beforehand. However, I still don't know when the opening is going to take place. I'm probably going to do a test run first, just to see how things go.
Old 11/11/18, 02:00 PM   #6
Miki1988
Power Ranger

I will be pre-opening the board in the second half of December. Power Rangers Realm will be doing a test run first, so I can see where things go and if it takes off. If it does, great. If it doesn't... let's just say that I already have a backup plan in mind...
Old 11/11/18, 08:28 PM   #7
Hailey Hartford

Awesome news! I can't wait to see it.
Hailey Hartford is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply