Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/21/17, 11:26 AM   #11
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Default Re: Mystic Force

Kalish had just watched some old episodes, including C2d. So I find it unlikely that the mf finale wasn't a copycat. He tried to give us the finale we wanted without understanding what made the space finale work.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/17, 11:30 AM   #12
Vida The Vampire Slayer
Putty Patroller

Vida had a good hart despite her tough girl exterior. She knew the monster wasn't evil after he didn't hurt those kids.
Vida The Vampire Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/17, 09:59 PM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Stinger View Post
The Terrors weren't particularly interesting and were a step down from Imperious and Koragg. The final ten episodes also felt like a retread. Most of the interesting sruff was wrapped up in " Heir Apparent".
I beg to differ. The Ten Terrors were the cooler villains in Mystic Force granted Koragg was cool too but the other villains? Not so much even their Master wasn't that great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
Kalish had just watched some old episodes, including C2d. So I find it unlikely that the mf finale wasn't a copycat. He tried to give us the finale we wanted without understanding what made the space finale work.
That was just dumb luck it was in no way him trying to copy anything from a previous season when the majority of Mystic Force is pretty much Magiranger. Sure there are some original things like the whole team not being related, Fire Heart, the Dragon Fire Ranger Battlizer armor, the Rockporium, Rootcore, Necrolai having a daughter, the magical creatures in the woods which includes Phineas, the new beings in the magical being those being the Tribunal and I think that's pretty much it.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/17, 07:55 AM   #14
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

Mystic Force is frustrating because they used so much Sentai Footage bug ruined the chance to be a perfect adaption by adding all those original elements. Its why Kalish doesn't mesasure up to Tzachor.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/17, 08:07 AM   #15
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
That was just dumb luck it was in no way him trying to copy anything from a previous season when the majority of Mystic Force is pretty much Magiranger. Sure there are some original things like the whole team not being related, Fire Heart, the Dragon Fire Ranger Battlizer armor, the Rockporium, Rootcore, Necrolai having a daughter, the magical creatures in the woods which includes Phineas, the new beings in the magical being those being the Tribunal and I think that's pretty much it.
I don't buy that , it was too much of a coincidence to just be dumb luck. Most of MF did follow Magiranger. But the finale was a clear clone of the Space finale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever View Post
Mystic Force is frustrating because they used so much Sentai Footage bug ruined the chance to be a perfect adaption by adding all those original elements. Its why Kalish doesn't measure up to Tzachor.
Than i would have hated the season even more. But I like Tzachor over Kalish. His first run was during when the show was still good. Even though his second run was a disaster. Kalish was just a hack when ot came to writing PR
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/17, 10:20 AM   #16
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever View Post
Mystic Force is frustrating because they used so much Sentai Footage bug ruined the chance to be a perfect adaption by adding all those original elements. Its why Kalish doesn't mesasure up to Tzachor.
it's an adaptation what you want is a copy-and-paste and that's not the point of Power Rangers.

Quote:
I don't buy that , it was too much of a coincidence to just be dumb luck. Most of MF did follow Magiranger. But the finale was a clear clone of the Space finale.
I don't care if you buy it or not but it's the truth. Coincidence or not it was still just dumb luck since the finale was pretty much all Magiranger granted they had Matoombo brought back to life and turned Necrolai human but otherwise pretty much everything else aside from the Koragg vs Wolf Warrior battle was Magiranger. Itassis coming back from the dead to destroy Sculpin? That was in Magiranger but they re-shot a bunch of that battle.

Quote:
Than i would have hated the season even more. But I like Tzachor over Kalish. His first run was during when the show was still good. Even though his second run was a disaster. Kalish was just a hack when ot came to writing PR
things were good back in the Space-Wild Force days when Tzachor didn't really let the power go to his head I mean when you allow your team of writers to help you write especially when you're not even a writer to begin with then that is how 1 grows and tries to make the best possible season that one can make but yes I do agree with you about Kalish not being a fit for the show.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/17, 12:05 PM   #17
Quantum Hunter
Ranger In Training

Mystic Force just wasn't that good. The only Kalish series that really wasn't a let down from Time Force is SPD. But even that season had its faults. Its pretty clear Disney really had no idea of what to dp what the show. Which is a shame since MMPR Productions was on a roll.
Quantum Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/17, 12:10 PM   #18
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

I got excited shen the recycled the earthquake plot from the MMPR premiere. But it ws nothing like MMPR after that and Rita's return fell flat.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply