Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/21/17, 11:44 AM   #11
Astro Omega
Power Ranger

Default Re: A quick question

I don't think Gruumm or his allies were getting out of their cards anytime soon.
Astro Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/17, 11:20 AM   #12
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

Default re SPD Containment

Dekaranger handled this far better by having time slowdown and a higher court judge the criminals. If they erre guilty the Rangers would destroy thd monster. I see no reason why SPD didn't do the same.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/17, 11:23 AM   #13
Power Rangers Forever
Ranger In Training

Default Re: re SPD Containment

I actually agree with you there. Not because I want PR to be more like Sentai. But because I thought the containment thing was silly. Dekaranger did do that aspect better. Its not like Power Rangers usually shys away from destroying monsters. I thought it was silly in Time Force too.

I do think SPD was smart to have a better over arching villian. I am glad Gruumm was an original villians as well.
Power Rangers Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/17, 11:32 AM   #14
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever View Post
Dekaranger handled this far better by having time slowdown and a higher court judge the criminals. If they erre guilty the Rangers would destroy thd monster. I see no reason why SPD didn't do the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Rangers Snob View Post
I actually agree with you there. Not because I want PR to be more like Sentai. But because I thought the containment thing was silly. Dekaranger did do that aspect better. Its not like Power Rangers usually shys away from destroying monsters. I thought it was silly in Time Force too.

I do think SPD was smart to have a better over arching villian. I am glad Gruumm was an original villians as well.
to be honest while I agree with you in the case of how Dekaranger did the judging it's clear that someone in the U.S. wasn't comfortable with Power Rangers being Judge, Jury and Executioner now I doubt it was the show itself that had issues it probably came from Disney bosses.

I wasn't that crazy about Gruumm sure he's an original villain but he's a weak villain.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/17, 11:46 AM   #15
PRangerX
Administrator

They could have just edited out all that and had them just destroy the monsters. But I think the containment idea was pretty clever and a good change of pace.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/17, 11:55 AM   #16
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
They could have just edited out all that and had them just destroy the monsters. But I think the containment idea was pretty clever and a good change of pace.
that's true but it would've seemed weird since let's look at Benaag's explosion

they would've needed to edit out the scenes of Cruger removing his Morpher to judge him and the Judgment Time stuff plus it would seem off to have Police Officers killing criminals sure they're monsters but they're still criminals.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/17, 06:14 PM   #17
Ransik Lives
Comic Relief

The villians in Time Force and SPD weren't really monsters. They were mutants and aliens.
Ransik Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply