Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/17/17, 07:13 PM   #11
Samurai Mentor
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Amy Jo Johnson and Jason David Frank in New Movie.

I'm surprised this didn't come out beforehand.
Samurai Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/17/17, 07:14 PM   #12
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

The fact they are using those two proves the production people want Tommy and Kim to be there signature couple.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/17/17, 07:56 PM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimandTommy View Post
The fact they are using those two proves the production people want Tommy and Kim to be there signature couple.
no it doesn't all it proves is that the movie's production company decided they wanted to have some original actors return for a cameo for the movie and they were the only 2 that they were able to get on board with doing the cameo.

The movie's production team has no one involved with the show's production on their team so it would have no impact on Amy and JDF's show characters it's just you trying to read too much into things like you always do when it comes to your unhealthy obsession.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/17/17, 09:38 PM   #14
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

I feel better about the movie since the trailers have started to be more fun..But I still don't fully trust the movie team..I don't think they chose JDF and AJJ because of Tommy and Kim. Even if thats the right decision..I do think Tommy and Kim end up together in the show universe. If you only count MMPR than they never broke up anyway.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/17/17, 10:47 PM   #15
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMPR Forever View Post
I feel better about the movie since the trailers have started to be more fun..But I still don't fully trust the movie team..I don't think they chose JDF and AJJ because of Tommy and Kim. Even if thats the right decision..I do think Tommy and Kim end up together in the show universe. If you only count MMPR than they never broke up anyway.
too bad you can't only count MMPR so they did break up regardless of whether you saw it or not. Also Jackie Marchand wrote "A Season To Remember" the Zeo Christmas special episode that supports that Tommy and Kat end up together which the original production team including Jonathan "Sentai snob" Tzachor and Doug Sloan approved of.
Old 03/17/17, 10:53 PM   #16
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

To be fair Tzachor, also rejected Kat showing up in Forever Red as Tommy's wife. Partly because Kimberly was the more well known love interest for Tommy. I'm in the Tommy/Kat group though.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/17/17, 11:03 PM   #17
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge View Post
To be fair Tzachor, also rejected Kat showing up in Forever Red as Tommy's wife. Partly because Kimberly was the more well known love interest for Tommy. I'm in the Tommy/Kat group though.
I doubt he rejected it for that reason since he also rejected Kimberly showing up as well. The reason it was rejected was because of time and money. They were already paying 9 actors for a quick scene plus the main Rangers that were the focus of the episode plus they had to pay for 6 voice actors and they had to pay the suit actors that were in the Machine Empire Generals' suits, the Ranger suits and Alpha 7's suit plus they also had to pay for the Serpentera CGI.
Old 03/18/17, 08:07 AM   #18
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
I doubt he rejected it for that reason since he also rejected Kimberly showing up as well. The reason it was rejected was because of time and money. They were already paying 9 actors for a quick scene plus the main Rangers that were the focus of the episode plus they had to pay for 6 voice actors and they had to pay the suit actors that were in the Machine Empire Generals' suits, the Ranger suits and Alpha 7's suit plus they also had to pay for the Serpentera CGI.
Those were other reasons..Plus he thought jt would go over the kids heads.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/17, 12:26 PM   #19
Zordon's Legacy
Ranger In Training

I don't think the two of them in the movie does anything to settle the Tommy romance debates. Since as pointed out, they are playing different characters.
Zordon's Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/17, 04:37 PM   #20
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

The cameo isn't very long based on the review I read.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply