Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers Online Feedback And Requests > Zabitan's Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/07/15, 04:06 PM   #61
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

After a brief bit with Air Striker, and Grimlord spying on the Troopers the Troopers arrive at the lab to explain what happened, and the Professor makes everyone put on the visors, and shows some Metalder footage of the Gunbots putting the puppies in a mine field , and the Trooper Terminator waiting.

The Professor also warns that Air Fighters are in the area while the Professor urges caution Jeb reminds the Troopers of Princess' puppies, and they transform.

Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers fire on JB, and Kaitlin while the Gunbots fire on Ryan, and Ivar gets in his ravage tank, and summons his tanks so Kaitlin summons the Skybase, and pilots the Battle Cruiser.

Ryan uses his scanner to find the puppies surrounded by land mines, and he sees two Gunbots, surprises them with a jump kick, then beats them up, and gets the puppies so Tankotron alerts the Trooper Terminator, and it, and the Gunbots fire at Ryan but he gets out of the way, and puts the puppies in a safe spot while one of the Gunbots trips on a land mine, and blows itself up.

Kaitlin continues to fight Ivar, and his tanks while the Trooper Terminator fires lasers at Ryan who dodges them, and hides so he can scan the Trooper Terminator, and finds his weakness is that it takes him a while to switch between types of vision,

So Ryan uses Laser Fist to charge up a rock, and throws it at the Trooper Terminator who shoots a laser at it giving Ryan enough time to rush at it, and decapitate the Trooper Terminator while JB uses Techno Bazooka to destroy the Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers.

Then a Gumbot fires missiles at Ryan but he dodges, and grabs the Gunbot, and they both struggle before Ryan throws it in the air then jumps, punches the Gunbot, and throws it at some explosives destroying it.

While Kaitlin destroys the last of the tanks, pushes Ivar's tank off a cliff, then Skugs show up take off their heads, and kick them at JB causing explosions that damage him so Kaitlin gives him a recharge, and Ryan makes sure the puppies are okay, and Grimlord once again shames his mutants.

Later at the Underground Voice Daily everyone is celebrating the safe return of the puppies, and the mayor, and his wife show up, and we get a comedy bit where Jeb pulls off the mayor's wife's skirt, then, he, and Princess run off, and everyone finds them in the closet again, and it seems that Timmy's mom finally approves of Jeb.

Anyway “I miss you dad” the end.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/15, 04:07 PM   #62
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts

Today's was pretty good I thought since I liked the story with Jeb, and Princess.

I honestly think it's funny how it seems like Jeb actually has more focus episodes than the Troopers.

First getting kidnapped, then turned into a monster, and now falling in love, and having his girlfriend's kids get kidnapped.

I was also surprised by how close it seemed to the Metalder episode since the only difference was the Metalder episode had a dad, and his daughter instead of a mother, and son.

And the idea with the Trooper Terminator in it was that it was just an experimental weapon they were trying to sell to various governments, and the puppies just happened to be there when they were testing it.

I do wish they kept the part where Cannon Nose's Japanese counterpart actually liked the puppies, and even sacrificed himself to save them.

I also liked seeing Kaitlin recharge JB again since this, and Error in the System are the only times she does it.

I also liked seeing the Skugs throw their heads since it's a pretty cool power along with pretending to be people.

In fact as we'll see later the Skugs actually have all sorts of cool powers which makes their weakness to touching each other all the more surreal.

And with this we are 2/5s of the way through season one.

Tune in next time everyone for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.
Old 02/09/15, 06:25 PM   #63
Zabitan
Administrator

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at Digging For Fire written by Adam,Gilad, and directed by Jonathan Grant Weil.

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan once again talks about how his dad told him told him to never give up no matter how hard it seems.

Then we see the Troopers looking for a present for Two's birthday, and first they look at flowers but decide against it, then we get a comedy bit with Jen trying to eat a flower, then the Troopers decide to buy a pot from a nearby vendor when an earthquake hits which isn't supposed to happen in Crossworld City so Kaitlin goes to Underground Voice Daily, and investigate, and the other Troopers go to the lab.

Meanwhile at Ziktor industries we find out that no surprise Ziktor is responsible as he's working on a secret tunneling project then he transforms into Grimlord, and goes the virtual dungeon to explain that he's tunneling to the center of the Earth for power.

He then requests a mutant to protect the tunneling project, and a purple, and yellow mutant with large gloves, and bulky upper body armor but light leg armor named Fistbot volunteers.

At the Underground Voice Daily we get a comedy bit with Woody in full protective gear next an earthquake kit before Kaitlin asks to search the backlogs.

While at the lab JB asks the Professor if Crossworld City has a faultline, and before JB can ask if a new one has opened since the last survey the Professor is way ahead, and has Ryan, and JB put on visors, and they find Grimlord's tunnels.

Then the Troopers drive over to where they think the tunnels are but can't find a place to park so Ryan splits off to investigate but Grimlord decides to send Skugs, and just when Kaitlin parks her car a parking attendant gets up, and turns into a Skug, and more show up.

Then the Skugs try to kick at JB, and Kaitlin but they block it, then JB punches ,and kicks them, and Kaitlin kicks them, then JB punches, kicks, and throws a Skug while Kaitlin flips over another Skug, and kicks it, and another.

Meanwhile Ryan is trying to get inside but it's locked then some skater dudes show up, and tell him it's always locked, and that they always hear weird noises then they just skate away.

Then a flying fist almost hits Ryan, and he sees Fistbot, and transforms then Fistbot jumps at Ryan but Ryan dodges so Fistbot punches, and kiss kicks him but Ryan keeps blocking, and grabs Fistbot's arm so he fires a fist but it misses, and Ryan throws Fistbot, and punches, and kicks him so Fistbot retreats.

Meanwhile JB dodges a Skug then kicks it, and another then hits one with a car door, kicks the Skugs into each other then Skugs try to punch Kaitlin but she tricks them into destroying each other.

Then the Troopers meet back up, and figure out that Grimlord's up to something then an even bigger earthquake happens so the Troopers go back to the lab, and investigate some more.
Old 02/09/15, 06:26 PM   #64
Zabitan
Administrator

At the lab the Troopers try to figure out what's going on, and when Ryan says volcano it gives JB, and the Professor an idea, so the Troopers put on their visors, and we get some Zyuranger footage of what could happen if Grimlord drills to the center of the Earth so the Troopers go back to where they saw the Skugs, and Fistbot.

The Troopers then sneak into the building Ryan couldn't get into, and split up but activate the alarms, and some bars drop, an trap Ryan so he transforms, and uses lighting hand to destroy them but then falls through a trap door, and rope drops down, and chokes him.

Then Kaitlin walks into a Skug ambush so she transforms, and fights the Skugs off while JB trips another trap door but he transforms, and gets out, and fights some Skugs before finding the master control room with Ivar, and some Skugs inside so he fights them, and Kaitlin shows up to help.

Then a pendulum swings, and hits Ryan but he dodges the next hit, and cuts the ropes with Lighting Hand then goes down some more hallways before being attacked by security lasers.

While JB, and Kaitlin are still fighting Skugs, and escape the building but are still attacked by the Skugs, and Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers appear so JB takes the fight to virtual reality where he, and Kaitlin continue to fight Skugs while the Quantum Cruisers, and Air Fighters fire on them.

Then Ryan looks for Fistbot, and finds on the outside of the building so Fistbot punches him with flying fists then punches, and kicks Ryan directly but Ryan dodges, and they both jump off the building while JB uses Techno Bazooka to destroy the Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers, and uses the Battle Cruiser to destroy Grimlord's tunnels.

Then Fistbot fires his fists at Ryan before punching, and kicking directly so Ryan scans Fistbot, and finding out his weakness is his legs so grabs Fistbot by the legs, pulls a Super Mario 64 ", and throws Fistbot .

But Fistbot gets back up, fires his fists at Ryan but Ryan catches one, throws it back at Fistbot, and then uses his corkscrew attack to knock Fistbot into some nearby water.

While JB destroys Grimlord's tunnels, and Grimlord once again shames his minions, and swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Later at Tao's party Tao blows out the candles on his cake, and the Troopers give him the broken pot from earlier but Tao is happy anyway citing the "It's the thought that counts", and we get a comedy bit of Jeb eating the cake.

Anyway we then get today's “I miss you dad” moment where this time now the episode was about how it's the thought that counts the end.
Old 02/09/15, 06:27 PM   #65
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was pretty good.

I liked Fistbot, and his powers, as well as how Ryan defeated him

Though I do wonder if they should have used Drillbot from Virtual V6 in this episode since it was about Grimlord drilling to the center of the Earth.

And Virtual V6 was about a bike engine but had a drill themed monster, and I remember Spielban having an episode with a bike themed monster that wasn't used at all in VR Troopers.

That and JB, and Kaitlin didn't get to do much besides fight Skugs, and Air Fighters.

I did like the part where for JB transforming they used an actual clip of Spielban transforming, and if you look hard enough when Ryan fights Fistbot the first time you can see one of Metalder's human friends.

Which reminds me of something I might of forgot to mention back in The Dojo Plot where there was also a brief part when JB, and Kaitlin fight Skugs, and you can briefly see Diana transforming as a teleportation effect for Kaitlin.

There was a part in the Metalder episode where he fought S, and K but since it was just Metalder punching them, and only lasted a second they took it out.

Tune in next time everyone for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.
Old 02/10/15, 06:20 PM   #66
Zabitan
Administrator

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at The Great Brain Robbery written by Doug Sloan, and directed by Worth Keeter

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan once again talks about how his dad told him he had a gift for martial arts but to use that gift carefully.

Then we go to the Underground Voice Daily where we get a comedy bit where Woody is playing hockey in full hockey gear, and he accidentally hits Percy.

Then Kaitlin, and Woody discuss a deceased Commander Donaldson who was said to be the greatest mind in military history, and donated his brain to science, and that Donaldson's brain was recently stolen.

Meanwhile at Ziktor Industries we find out that no surprise it was Ziktor who stole Commander Donaldson's brain so he could come up with the ultimate battle plan then Ziktor transforms into Grimlord, and summons Ivar then we get a funny bit where Ivar thinks Grimlord is complementing him when he's talking about Commander Donaldson's brain.

Then we see Kaitlin at the military base talking to Captain Drighton one of the soldiers there, and he explains that they have no idea who stole Donaldson's brain or how but with the right technology they might be able to access it's secrets.

While this going on Percy is sneaking around listening to the the conversation with his tape player, and taking pictures when some military police officers see him, and haul him away thinking he's an intruder.

Then we see Ryan, and JB playing basketball when Kaitlin shows up to explain what happened, and that she thinks Grimlord is involved, and plays basketball with the boys at the same time.

At the virtual dungeon Decimator informs Grimlord that Kaitlin has been asking questions so he decides to send her, and the other Troopers a warning so when the Troopers are done playing basketball three guys show up, and transform into Skugs.

First the Troopers, and Skugs do this weird thing where they throw a basketball at each other, and kick each other, then Ryan kicks a Skug, Kaitlin dodges another, and JB punches, and kicks another.

Then Ryan punches, and kicks his Skug, Kaitlin kicks, and flips hers, and JB kicks his Skug then Ryan kicks his Skug while Kaitlin, and JB punch their Skugs.

Then Ryan kicks his Skug some more, and JB punches his some more, and Kaitlin flips hers over some more, and finally Ryan kicks his Skug just as the others have thrown theirs destroying the Skugs, and the Troopers decide to go to the lab for answers.

While at the virtual dungeon Ivar is complaining about working for Grimlord, and Donaldson's brain tells Ivar to stop talking about it, and do it, and Ivar agrees so he decides to lead the attack personally, and to overthrow Grimlord.

Then after a brief comedy bit where Percy is forced to do pushups by the military police who think he stole Donaldson's brain the Troopers arrive at the lab, and explain everything so the Professor lets them use the visors.

Then after some impressive for the time VR effects they see some Spielban footage of Ivar talking to Donaldson's brain but they can't hear it so JB uses a decoder program, and they hear Ivar, and Donaldson's plan so Ryan decides to transform, and find Donaldson's brain while the others stay in case Ivar attacks.
Old 02/10/15, 06:22 PM   #67
Zabitan
Administrator

Ryan then summons the Skybase, and briefly turns into digitally altered Spielban to jump inside while at the virtual dungeon Donaldson's brain convinces Ivar to freeze the city's power lines while Zelton informs Grimlord of Ivar's mutiny, and instead of being angry actually wants him to do it since either Ivar will destroy the Troopers or Vice Versa, and he'll just destroy who's left.

Then Kaitlin, and JB see a news report about the city's power lines being frozen from underground so they transform then we see Ivar, some Skugs, and walrus like mutant named Snowbot walking into a tunnel while Ryan in the Skybase is attacked so he's forced to land while Snowbot uses his tusks to freeze the power lines.

Then JB, and Kaitlin find a frozen manhole that's a direct access to the city's power supply, and teleport down to the bottom but are attacked by Snowbot.

Snowbot punches both of them then punches JB down, and freezes his circuits so Kaitlin pushes Snowbot off but then Snowbot punches her down, and freezes her so JB pushes Snowbot off, and they both escape to the surface but Snowbot keeps freezing them so JB summons the VR Fighter Bike so he, and Kaitlin can retreat.

Then Ryan finds the cave where Donaldson's brain is being kept but it's guarded by Skugs so we get a brief but cool looking fight scene of Ryan fighting some Skugs.

Then the Professor gives JB, and Kaitlin an upgrade to protect them from Snowbot then Ryan uses his scanner to find Donaldson's brain, and has another brief Skug battle.

Then JB, and Kaitlin intercept Ivar, Snowbot, and the Skugs so Snowbot tries to freeze them but thanks to the Professor's upgrade it doesn't work but Snowbot then uses a flamethrower so JB uses vortex command, and if you closely enough you can see two Kaitlin's when it happens.

But Snowbot starts freezing, and burning JB, and Kaitlin at the same time so Ryan fires a freeze beam from the Skybase that freezes Snowbot, and gives JB time to finish off Snowbot with Laser Lance.

But Ivar remains undaunted so he summons the Ravage Tank so JB summons the Battle Cruiser, and the two get into a skirmish before JB knocks Ivar off a cliff but he gets out of his tank, and Ivar, and JB have a brief sword battle.

Ivar then turns into a missile (which isn't as cool looking as it sounds since it's just a silver rod with what looks like Ivar's head on the front), and tries to destroy JB, and Kaitlin but blows himself up instead, and instead of cursing his minions Grimlord just uses Ivar's destruction to show the penalty for mutiny.

Later at the military base the army gives the Troopers a medal of honor which the mayor accepts, then we get one last comedy bit where Jeb makes the mayor's wife think Captain Driedon is making the moves on her.

Anyway “I miss you dad" the end.
Old 02/10/15, 06:22 PM   #68
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was all right

I liked the idea of Grimlord stealing the brain of military genius as well as Ivar's mutiny.

I liked Snowbot though I do wish maybe they should have used him in The Dojo Plot going back to the idea that Grimlord's plan was to freeze the city with his weather device.

What's odd is usually I don't like it when the show doesn't use something from the metal hero shows but this time I have the opposite problem.

Since while I liked the fight with Ivar I felt they could have saved it for a later episode preferably one in the final season that served as the final episode for Ivar.

Especially since they cut out the sword fight they used in Save The Trees, and the part where Spielban used Arc Edge to destroy Death Zero.

And I think they could have easily replaced it with Ryan fighting a random Metalder monster.

They also cut out a part with the Grand Nazca's robot form, and the parts where Helen was in armor but they got cut due that stuff being saved for season two, and because most of the parts with Helen were just her, and Diana getting fired at by Snowbot's Japanese counterpart, and some Air Fighters.

I did like seeing the blink, and you'll miss it parts like
Spielban, and Diana's civilian modes when JB, and Kaitlin are trying to dodge Snowbot's flamethrower.

Or the two Kaitlin's when JB uses Vortex Command, and Ryan uses the freeze ray.

Tune in next time everyone for more brain stealing Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.
Old 02/11/15, 10:45 PM   #69
Zabitan
Administrator

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at Nightmares written by Al Winchel, and directed by John Grant Weil

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan talks about fear, and how courage is not the absence of fear but doing stuff you're afraid of.

Then we go to a miniature golf course where Kaitlin is hitting a shot but hits the windmill instead of the hole, and JB wonders what's going on since she's usually good at it.

Then Percy shows up carrying an oversized bag of golf clubs, and after some dialogue that would sound filthy out of context we get a comedy bit where Jeb sabotages Percy's puts.

Kaitlin then explains that she's been working nights lately, and it's affecting her sleep, and at Ziktor industries Ziktor is once again reading the Power Rangers villain playbook, and decides to transform into Grimlord, and announce his plan to give the Troopers nightmares.

Then after another comedy bit where Percy gets stuck in the windmill, and Jen rigs the fan to spank Percy's ass we see Kaitlin working at the Underground Voice Daily when everyone starts acting weird, and Percy shows up dressed as The Phantom of The Opera, and he and everyone else turns into Skugs.

Kaitlin calls out for Ryan, and JB who are standing with two of Ziktor's secretaries but Ryan, and JB are Skugs as well, and all the Skugs all swarm on Kaitlin who is woken up by a call from the real Ryan revealing the whole thing to be a dream.

At the virtual dungeon we find out Grimlord is responsible for Kaitlins nightmare, and he summons Icebot, and they both explain that it's the work of their newest mutant a scuba diver themed robot named Dream Master who uses Kaitlin's deepest fears against her.

Then we see Kaitlin get a call from Woody explaining that her last pictures were out of focus, and then we see Kaitlin, and Ryan training kids at Tao dojo when the kids all turn into Skugs, and overpower Ryan while Kaitlin just watched helplessly.

But it turns out to be another dream as Kaitlin is really in the dark room at the Underground Voice Daily, and later at Tao dojo she breaks down, and tells the others she can't be a VR Trooper anymore, and Ryan, and JB realize Grimlord is responsible.

Then at the lab JB explains what's happening, and the Professor tells them to put a visor on Kaitlin so they can see her thoughts, and at first she doesn't want to but with some encouragement from the others she goes through with it, and we see some random Metalder, and Spielban footage.
Old 02/11/15, 10:46 PM   #70
Zabitan
Administrator

Then Dream Master himself appears on the lab's monitors, and takes responsibility for Kaitlin's nightmares, and then taunts Ryan about his father which makes Ryan want to fight Dream Master, and JB wants to help but Ryan says it's personal, and that someone needs to stay with Kaitlin so he transforms alone.

Then Dream Master taunts Ryan some more, and tries to hit Ryan with his chain, and misses but eventually wraps his chain around Ryan's arm, and then electrocutes him then the Dream Master tries to come after Ryan with his scythe but Ryan dodges, punches him so Dream Master electrocutes him again.

Meanwhile the Professor tells JB that Grimlord has sent another robot a silver spikey mutant named well Spoken of to ambush Ryan so JB has to leave Kaitlin, and transform.

First Spikebot traps JB in an electrified cage, and attacks him but JB breaks out with his sword but Spikebot makes guns appear out of him, and fires at JB, and beats him up.

Meanwhile the Dream Master continues electrocuting Ryan, and plays some clips from Tyler's message to mess with Ryan's head but Ryan resists, and punches Dream Master who just electrocutes him some more.

JB finishes off Spikebot with Laser Lance while Grimlord orders Ivar to attack JB with Air Fighters so JB uses Skybase to destroy them.

But Grimlord orders his mutants to fire on Ryan but he, and Dream Master both escape, and JB uses the Battle Cruiser to destroy Ivar's tanks.

At the lab Kaitlin sees JB, and Ryan in trouble, and wants to help but is too afraid so the Professor tells her to use her visor, and the Professor shows her some Spielban clips of her fighting Skugs.

And this convinces Kaitlin to shake Grimlord, and Dream Master's nightmares, and transform to go into the Skybase, and destroy th Air Fighters while JB destroys Ivar's tanks.

Meanwhile Ryan finds a chain, and throws it at Dream Master, and gives him a taste of his own medicine, and overloads Dream Master with his own electricity then jump kicks him, and Ryan finishes off with Lighting Hand, and Grimlord just gets angry.

Later at Tao dojo Ryan is brushing Jeb, JB's working, and Kaitlin's writing notes then JB invites Tao for another miniature golf game when Percy comes in, and we get one last comedy bit where Percy tries to play golf in the dojo, and sucks, and and Jen does better than we see Kaitlin getting some well deserved rest.

Anyway “I miss you dad" the end.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
episode discussion, vr troopers