Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/30/10, 12:45 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Why was Kim able to give the Pink Powers away without The Sword Of Light?

In "The Power Transfer" it took the Sword of Light to transfer Jason, Zack, and Trini's powers to Rocky, Adam, and Aishia. But in "Different Shade of Pink" it only took a simple passing of the cion from Kim to Kat. Why didn't they need the sword?

One very plausible theory is that it was because the Ninja Powers worked differently from the Dino Powers. So perhaps the transfer of Ninja powers was just simpler. Another reason could be that Zordon was lying for some reason.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/14, 12:48 AM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Why was Kim able to give the Pink Powers away without the power sword?

I don't believe Zordon was lying at all.

I believe the main reason has to do with Zordon specifically stated when he said a power transference must be carried out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me but it was taken from my own site's FAQ

Here's the short conversation after Zordon said that a power transfer must be carried out, Tommy had asked "Is it possible?" and Zordon replied with "It is possible but very difficult, because of the enormous amounts of power required, the transfer can only be achieved in one place, you must travel to the Deserted Planet."
Secondly, Kimberly's Coin wasn't linked to her life force anymore so she wasn't as bonded with it most likely due to the power source being altered.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/15, 10:07 PM   #3
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Default Re: Why was Kim able to give the Pink Powers away without the power sword?

I go with the Ninja Powers working differently from the Dino Powers. Since they obviously did. If they worked the same they would have had to use the Sword of Light
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/15, 10:08 PM   #4
Superhero Galaxy
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Why was Kim able to give the Pink Powers away without the power sword?

They should have brought the Sword of Light back,. I am still Zordon still had it. And it wouldn't be difficult to duplicate if they lost the original prop.
Superhero Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/15, 10:10 PM   #5
Starlight Starbrite
Power Ranger

I wonder if Kat ever had the powers connected to her life force? If not than what was the whole point of Ninjor doing that to the team in the first place? It only placed them in danger if their power coins were stolen.
Starlight Starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/15, 10:11 PM   #6
Spike Hart
Ranger In Training

Maybe the powers were more powerful that way? Maybe Ninjor couldn't do it but Zordon found a way to cheat and do it. He seemed good at that. He learned to use the power coins which were also made by Ninjor. Its also possible Kat had the powers merged with her life force off screen.
Spike Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/15, 08:59 PM   #7
Sentai Master
Ranger In Training

Perhaps the powers weren't fully transfered on screen. We only saw a pink energy burst. Maybe they used the Sword of Light off screen.
Sentai Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/15, 09:23 PM   #8
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

I like Kat better anyway. Kimberly was too annoying. She was always whining about Tommy and how their relationship affected her. Then she dumps him in Zeo as soon as she moves away.

Kat was loyal and a true friend to Tommy. She ultimately became a much better girlfriend for him. Kat was more down to Earth and altrustic. i would say that I agree with the powers being different excuse.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/17, 11:46 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Hart View Post
Maybe the powers were more powerful that way? Maybe Ninjor couldn't do it but Zordon found a way to cheat and do it. He seemed good at that. He learned to use the power coins which were also made by Ninjor. Its also possible Kat had the powers merged with her life force off screen.
don't forget that Zordon had Alpha disconnect the Pink Coin from Kimberly's lfe force after he had Alpha in a search for a new source which he was able to find so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it as well.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/06/17, 07:26 PM   #10
Countdown to Destruction
Comic Relief

I think its just as simple as the powers working differently.The Ninja Powers were easier to transfer.
Countdown to Destruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply