Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/15/11, 10:35 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default The "The Team Unites" Discussion

I wasn't overly impressed with this episode. It didn't jive well as a first episode for me. Unless they really did air the sneak peak out of order.

I don't mind them taking PR back to its pure form. But the Rangers don't seem to stand out. The acting felt like the worst we have had in quite some seasons. Jayden seems interesting but most of the Rangers really don't stand out.The whole plot with Mike and his friends was too rushed.

The villains are too generic and are hurt by the fact that there is no American Villain. We didn't get a clear definition of who they are. "Prelude to A Storm" this is not.

I liked the morphing sequence and the background music. The new weapons are cool. The zords seemed fine. I think they did a good job with keeping the action fast pace. The Bulk and Spike thing was good. But had no real set up.

But overall, I think it was a medicore episode. And if it really is the actual first episode, it has to be one of the weaker PR premieres. Possibly the worst.

I'm fine with Power Rangers being a kids show and being corny at the right times. I know they have to target the children's audience. But I don't see how the Samurai Ranger's will connect to kids if things don't improve. Ninja Storm had memorable characters that stood out. Same for DinoThunder. SPD had great characters too. And those we're the more successful PR seasons to date. But that said its only the first episode and we have plenty of episodes to go.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/11, 04:29 PM   #2
Digifiend
Power Ranger

Default RE: The "The Team Unites" Discussion

And how exactly does the team unite in this episode? They're already united!
Digifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply