Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/21/11, 05:06 PM   #11
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Default Re: Possible Gokaiger Adaptation

Something else I wanted to point out, even if Udonna (or any other Ranger) had died during the show that doesn't matter either, Kendrix is proof of that.

Not that I will ever support that kind of writing in any story of any medium. It's sloppy, demeaning, and proof that the writer(s) are just as bad at flip flopping like a politician who has no platform other than whatever the crowd at the time wants to hear.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/11, 05:25 PM   #12
MattEmily
Administrator

Very true. As much as I enjoyed Kendrix, she should have stayed dead. It's a bad message to be sending to kids out there that people can come back from the dead.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/11, 08:24 PM   #13
Zabitan
Administrator

Yes because when I watch a show where teenagers in spandex bodysuits who pilot giant robots, and work for a magic space wizard fight an evil space witch who's brother is a living skeleton, and has a machine that literally makes living things out of clay, and on top of all that you can survive in space without protection I expect it to teach my kids stuff I should already be teaching them.

I'm sorry but you have no problem with a fanfic based on a tv show using fictional characters played by people who are dead in real life with real friends, and family because hey it's just a fanfic.

But when the show itself brings back a fictional character you think that's sending a bad message to kids who's parents should have already taught them that stuff.

Look I get it it was a cop out that ruined a very good moment in Power Rangers but that's all it was.

Last edited by Zabitan; 12/21/11 at 09:04 PM.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/11, 10:48 PM   #14
MattEmily
Administrator

Yup, indeed it was a copout. It'd be like bringing Zordon back to life. It would kill his self sacrifice just like Kendrix sacrificing herself and then her coming back to life ended up killing her self sacrifice. It's not a sacrifice if someone doesn't lose something.

Granted Alex coming back to life wasn't as bad because it wasn't a Disney ending. It wasn't back to the status quo. Alex had been changed... sure, it was a temporary change in behavior... but whatever. Granted I'm not a fan of human characters being brought back to life anyway.

Yes, there is the argument that Power Rangers doesn't need to be teaching kids important messages such as "humans can't come back to life" since it's not based on reality to begin with... considering anyone can survive in Space atmosphere and other stuff like that.

Last edited by MattEmily; 12/21/11 at 11:29 PM.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply