Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/29/17, 10:08 AM   #21
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Default Re: Question Question and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Snob View Post
No one tells Toei what to do. They are lucky they were even willing to produce the extra Zyuranger Footage. I just wish Toei had produced a complete Zyu2 episodes. But at least Toek producing it makes it the only non Sentai Footage thats tolerable. Too bad Saban decided he could do his own footage after that.
They made their own luck by paying money. Which I am sure was valuable to Toei.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/17, 11:19 AM   #22
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly Want A Megazord View Post
I would have liked to have seen those bikes too. If they did more original footage like in season 2. They probably would have shot new scenes with the bikes. I am surprised that they didn't ask Toei to shoot some wkth Zyu2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Snob View Post
No one tells Toei what to do. They are lucky they were even willing to produce the extra Zyuranger Footage. I just wish Toei had produced a complete Zyu2 episodes. But at least Toek producing it makes it the only non Sentai Footage thats tolerable. Too bad Saban decided he could do his own footage after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Green Spandex View Post
They made their own luck by paying money. Which I am sure was valuable to Toei.
it was something that they could've requested since unlike what Sentai Snob would like to believe Saban was paying Toei for the Zyu2 footage so if they wanted a certain request they would've agreed to it but Saban just didn't care as long as they got the extra fighting footage. Saban was able to request Toei's assistance with the rare Zyu 1.5 footage so it was definitely something that Toei was willing to do.

Toei had made Zyu2 with Zyuranger character personalities in mind but some of the stuff they threw in as a bonus for Saban such as Pink and Green being closer, Blue being a brainiac and Yellow being a girl not to mention them talking to their wrists due to the Communicators that were made for Power Rangers.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/17, 07:45 PM   #23
MMPR Supreme
Ranger In Training

Its a shame they didn't go through wIth the Zyu3 footage that was originally planned.
MMPR Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/17, 07:46 PM   #24
MMPR Fan
Comic Relief

I agree that would have made things much better.
MMPR Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/17, 07:47 PM   #25
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

It would have also allowed them to more easier stretch things out for a MMPR season 4 and 5.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/17, 07:48 PM   #26
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

I am surprised Saban didn't have Toei make Zyu3 footage with Tommy on Green Ranger. That way he could have kept those powers.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/17, 07:51 PM   #27
Sentai Snob
Sentai Snob.

I would hope that it would have led to them going to the every season is its own series approach much earlier. I mean in the sense of a clean start with new casts. Once they got the MMAM seasons over with. It least it would have been done with new Japanese Sentai Footage as opposed to American.
Sentai Snob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/17, 07:54 PM   #28
Sentai Envy
Sentai Snob

We are saying Japenese Sentai instead of Super Sentai now,FYI. Since it was discusses privately that American Sentai and Super Sentai may be confusing. Plus we wouldn't want to unintentially insult Japanese Sentai by confusing it with American Sentai. American Sentai is just much preferable than using the PR words. It pains me just to do that.
Sentai Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/17, 08:49 PM   #29
MattEmily
Administrator

calling Power Rangers a Sentai is still an insult and an offense to both franchises it doesn't matter what you call the Japanese counterpart if you're still going to use Sentai for both. For someone who cares so much about your beloved Super Sentai franchise you really don't care about insulting it.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/17, 08:56 PM   #30
A Gia To Remember
Power Ranger

I think it makes much more sense to call Power Rangers by its real name, if your not talking about individual seasons. Its much less confusing than calling it American Sentai.I would think that would make it sound like you were talking about Super Sentai.
A Gia To Remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply