Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/13/17, 10:36 PM   #61
Zordon's Alliance
Putty Patroller

Default Re: why couldn't Wes go to the future?

If Jen and Wes got together Alex would never exist. Since he is Alex's descendent.
Zordon's Alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/17, 12:55 PM   #62
Digimon Ranger
Comic Relief

Maybe it wiukd have caused a timehole, due to the future changing too much?
Digimon Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/17, 06:43 AM   #63
Time Force Traitor
Ranger In Training

It is funny how certain changes cause timeholes and others don't.
Time Force Traitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/17, 06:45 AM   #64
Super Rad
Ranger In Training

The Tryzarium Crystals caused the timeholes, not just the changes in the timeline itself.
Super Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/17, 01:23 PM   #65
Mystic Magic
Putty Patroller

That part didn't make sense to me either. Wes or Jen could have gone or stayed to each others place in time.
Mystic Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/17, 01:51 PM   #66
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Wes and Jen weren't self centered jerks who would have risked harming the timeline for their own personal gain. Besides, changing your personal history like Wes did is a lot different then radically altering the timeline. Especially when Wes just lectured his Dad about it when he tried to use the antidote for Venomark for profit. Or the other times he was unhappy with his father for risking the future history just for financial gain. Even Mr. Collins realized he was wrong in the end.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/17, 04:35 PM   #67
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesJen View Post
Wes was from the present but was fated to die. Why couldn't he just return home with the others? Certainly he should have been able to afterwards since he was originally supposed to die.
Yes he should've been able to but it makes sense as to why since he wasn't from the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimandTommy View Post
This is another reason I can't get into Time Force. They didn't even let there couple get together in the end. Even if I wasn't that interested in them. Its just that I like there to be some couple to ship.
I can see why they avoided this since it'd be like Jen is in love with someone that is related to Alex so what would be the odds that Jen and Wes' relationship would lead to a relationship that would eventually result into Alex being born? It would look really weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
It really hurt to see them have to leave each other. I know some argue the make your own destiny thing should have allowed them to find a way to stay together. But I also agree about radically altering history for personal gain is a step too far. Wes making decisions in his own life to alter his personal future is one thing but changing history just to be together with Jen in the future would have been totally selfish.

And in a lot of ways I actually respected that plot point. Since it made for a very mature place for a PR relationship to go. And added to there love story. Lets be honest a lot of on screen love stories are written where the two lovers don't live happily rver after or after tk give each other for love or other personaly responsibolities. It makes there love mean more in a dramatic fashion. As much as I wanted Jen and Wes to get together its good writing that they didn't.
yea it's disappointing they had to leave due to the "make your own destiny" argument" but at the end of the day it was the best move to make so that it wouldn't raise so many questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzy Bitzy Carter View Post
I always thought it was wierd that they didn't show them going to the future again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
We already got a good bye scene in the finalie so it would have been redundant to do it again.
To be fair I think that was done intentionally so that fans could make up for themselves on whether they had decided to remain in the past or head back to their time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Rangers Snob View Post
They at least added Master Org and changed up Cole from his Sentai Counterpart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Fanatic View Post
Those were the weaker parts of the season though. It got to far away fron the Sentai. But at least Wild Force stuck close to Gaorangsr for the most part in other areas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Envy View Post
Because they adapted Gaoranger so well besides that. Why do American Sentai Producers have to make it so complicated. Just adapt Sentai scene by scene and its easy. Plus cheaper, which they should like.
I'm happy they added Master Org since he was a good character and had a great storyline I just wasn't a fan of his actor. I didn't really care for Cole.

I disagree about Master Org being a weak part of the season.

Also Power Rangers is not meant to be Sentai. Do you see Sentai anywhere in its name? Exactly Sentai is not in its name because Power Rangers IS Power Rangers and Sentai IS Sentai. Power Rangers isn't Sentai and Sentai isn't Power Rangers. It's your fault for being so in love with Sentai that you want Power Rangers to repeat a product that's already aired and made which makes NO SENSE. Sentai was already produced and made. When are you Sentai lovers going to comprehend that? If you want Sentai then watch Sentai.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/17, 01:03 PM   #68
Hailey Hartford

The reason is simple. He couldn't go into the future because he isn't from the future and they couldn't screw up the timeline. End of story.
Hailey Hartford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/17, 02:16 PM   #69
Mitchell's Navy
Putty Patroller

I think the opposing argument would be that the future was already changed so much. Wes was originally supposed to take over for his deceased father. Than Alex made his father live and Wes remain a Ranger. So history changed to Wes dying to defeat Frax and Ransik, Then in the end the future changed to the Wes surviving. So it makes it plausible that Wes would be able to leave for the future without damaging it.
Mitchell's Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/17, 02:19 PM   #70
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

Exactly! Wes was supposed to die as of the finale. With Wes now surviving , him leaving for the future would have the same effect on the timeline with him dying in the finalie would have.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply