Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/26/15, 10:59 AM   #1
Dyl
Putty Patroller

Default Big Changes in Power Rangers: Expecting or Unexpecting?

Hi everybody,

Ever since I saw the episode "Protect the Quasar Sabre" I've been wondering about this question. When major changes happened in the show did you guys already know it was going to happen or was it an unexpecting surprise?

For Example:

Did you guys think Kendrix would come back some how in the next episode without seeing the preview? Or did you think there would be a new Pink Ranger, if so did you know that it would be Karone? (again this is of course assuming you guys didn't watch the previews)

Then there are the big changes during MMPR - Space. The first big change being Jason Trini and Zack leaving. When Aisha, Adam and Rocky were introduced did you guys have a hunch they were going to be the new rangers?

Same with Kat being introduced, did any one think Kimberly would be leaving.

In turbo the cast changed over, did any one think Justin was going to be replaced or know during the passing the torch episodes that Tanya, Adam, Kat and Tommy were leaving?

I was a fan that started out in Space so I never really had that Luxury of experiencing that. I always had a friend who would spoil everything for me.

It's a pity that we are stuck with the fixed cast for each season, because I always wanted to experience what it's like to suddernly have a new ranger replace an existing ranger for whatever reason.
Dyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/15, 11:01 AM   #2
Trini Kwan
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Big Changes in Power Rangers: Expecting or Unexpecting?

it was originally not gonna be Karone who replaced Kendrix, it was originally to be Cassie from IN Space however Patricia Ja Lee's contract was up so they chose Karone instead
Trini Kwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/15, 05:49 PM   #3
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

I was peeved when I was rewatching the series on netflix when 4/5ths of the cast had been replaced. I later learned that Jason and Katherine wanted to leave, which I understand, but why replace Johnny and Nakia when they wanted to say, especially when Tanya was really only given one full season to develop as a character. I wanted to know her more, you know? Adam sticking around as mentor would have rocked as well.
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/15, 05:56 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

Aparently the original plan was to go in that direction. But there was a lot of production changes and the decison was made to cut Nakia and Johnny to go younger. Orginally Carlos and Ashley were supposed to replace Tommy and Kat.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/15, 06:00 PM   #5
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

I could totally dig a Hispanic Red Ranger. Another one that saddened me was Billy stepping down. He'd been my absolute favorite Ranger for three years, then he goes onto to be tech adviser. I always held out hope that he was the Gold Ranger, or would take over for Rocky at least once.
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/15, 06:04 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost Ranger View Post
I was peeved when I was rewatching the series on netflix when 4/5ths of the cast had been replaced. I later learned that Jason and Katherine wanted to leave, which I understand, but why replace Johnny and Nakia when they wanted to say, especially when Tanya was really only given one full season to develop as a character. I wanted to know her more, you know? Adam sticking around as mentor would have rocked as well.
actually JDF just wanted to leave. Someone had started the rumor that Catherine wanted to leave but she pounced on that.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/15, 06:22 PM   #7
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl View Post
Hi everybody,

Ever since I saw the episode "Protect the Quasar Sabre" I've been wondering about this question. When major changes happened in the show did you guys already know it was going to happen or was it an unexpecting surprise?

For Example:

Did you guys think Kendrix would come back some how in the next episode without seeing the preview? Or did you think there would be a new Pink Ranger, if so did you know that it would be Karone? (again this is of course assuming you guys didn't watch the previews)

Then there are the big changes during MMPR - Space. The first big change being Jason Trini and Zack leaving. When Aisha, Adam and Rocky were introduced did you guys have a hunch they were going to be the new rangers?

Same with Kat being introduced, did any one think Kimberly would be leaving.

In turbo the cast changed over, did any one think Justin was going to be replaced or know during the passing the torch episodes that Tanya, Adam, Kat and Tommy were leaving?

I was a fan that started out in Space so I never really had that Luxury of experiencing that. I always had a friend who would spoil everything for me.

It's a pity that we are stuck with the fixed cast for each season, because I always wanted to experience what it's like to suddernly have a new ranger replace an existing ranger for whatever reason.
It felt like Rocky, Adam, and Aishia were being groomed for bigger roles . And with the peace conference talk, it wasn't too surprising when the power transfer.happened.

I felt like Kimberly was on her way out when her mom moved to France and they did the whole losing her powers storyline. Plus it seemed like Kat might being worked in once she turned good.

The introduction of Carlos and Ashley , the mellenium message, and some of the back story on the second wave of toys seemed to telegraph the cast change. I wasn't sure whether Justin was leaving, but I think I expected him to stay since he was young.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/15, 06:28 PM   #8
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost Ranger View Post
I could totally dig a Hispanic Red Ranger. Another one that saddened me was Billy stepping down. He'd been my absolute favorite Ranger for three years, then he goes onto to be tech adviser. I always held out hope that he was the Gold Ranger, or would take over for Rocky at least once.
I hated that too. He deserved a better send off.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/03/15, 06:50 PM   #9
Dayu's Tears
Comic Relief

I never understood why Zack, Trini, and Jason were hardly around after Tommy became White. I figured Rocky, Adam , and Aisha might get their own powers or something. But I never thought the original three were leaving. Even when the peace conference thing happened I expected a reason why they were going to stay to pop up. Boy was I surprised.
Dayu's Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply