Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/13/15, 11:01 PM   #1
PRdude
Ranger In Training

Default Did you notice what was going on with Jason, Zack and Trini in MMPR season 2?

I knew Trini would be leaving before season 2 started. However, when I started to notice she wasn't showing up as much, and Aisha was always wearing yellow, that's when I realized Trini would be getting replaced soon. I just wasn't counting on Jason and Zack getting replaced until I realized that Rocky and Adam were there for a reason. My source of information only said that Trini would be leaving.

I thought Jason started to sound strange when morphed, but I wasn't sure why. I might have even been in denial that he sounded different.

From what I understand though, the actors' contracts were up and they did all the episodes they were bound by contract to do, and Saban decided not to renew their contracts and they just ended up using doubles until they properly replaced them. In one of the interviews on the MMPR complete series set, Tony Oliver said that they wanted to leave, as opposed to them being let go. So I'm not sure things are very clear.
PRdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/15, 10:58 AM   #2
Dino Charger
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Did you notice what was going on with Jason, Zack and Trini in MMPR season 2?

I couldn't understand why they only showed three Rangers morphing? And why Rocky , Adam, and Aishia were suddenly around more than the other thing. I didn't think there was anyway they were going to write off Jason. Then once the Peace Conference thing happened it all made sense.
Dino Charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/15, 11:02 AM   #3
Mesagog Lives
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Did you notice what was going on with Jason, Zack and Trini in MMPR season 2?

I became a fan of the show during DinoThunder. So when I watched MMPR I was already used to cast changes. Granted I didn't watch most of season 2.
Mesagog Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/15, 11:23 AM   #4
Eye Guy
Putty Patroller

I knew something had to be up. Just wasn't completely sure until we actually saw the cast change become official. No internet back then for me..
Eye Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/15, 02:40 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

I never noticed at all as far as I can remember but I really don't remember a whole lot from my childhood. I probably would've been about 11 or 12 years old at that point in time.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/15, 04:06 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

I didn't totally notice it at first. I did notice the difference in the credits. With all the talk of the peace conference and the three newbies, it started to become more aparent. But I didn't fully know until "Powers Transfer Part 1".
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/15, 06:19 PM   #7
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

Watching it now as an adult, you can see the slight nuances and changes: Different voices, camera tricks to show only the backs, Morphed Forms showing up then vanishing, different footage use.
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/15, 01:06 PM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah diffinitly. When I went back later on...There was.so much I either forgot or didn't notice.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/15, 10:53 PM   #9
PRdude
Ranger In Training

This thread made me decide to watch the episodes from "The Song of Guitardo" to "The Power Transfer part II". There's one thing that always bugged me in "Two for One". It was the part where Jason calls for his Thunderzord. Paul F. Rosenthal actually tried to imitate his voice for that, and it was the only time that happened. So I always just wonder "WHY???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". They already had the version with Austin St. John's real voice to use, and they used it even after that. So just what was the point?

Also, in "The Song of Guitardo" and "Ninja Encounter", I always wondered why Tommy was wearing green despite not being the Green Ranger anymore. I still didn't realize that they recycled footage, and I finally figured that out in 2010.
PRdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/15, 10:55 PM   #10
UncleBob
Putty Patroller

The only thing I recall being horribly out of place was a scene where they recut footage of Trini looking up and talking to Zordon in the Command Center, then cut behind her and it was terribly bad how horrible the voice matched up mid-sentence.

As a kid, I never gave it much thought though, as I knew the entire show was spliced up footage and just thought this was another case of it.
UncleBob is offline Report Post
UncleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply