Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/25/15, 10:11 PM   #1
PhantomRanger5
Putty Patroller

Default Bridge being SPD red in Once A Ranger

Do you think it was a good idea to have Bridge as the red ranger? Or do you think Jack or Sky would've been better choices? Now I honestly like how Bridge moved up the ranks from green to blue to red. I thought it was a neat concept.
PhantomRanger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/15, 10:12 PM   #2
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo
Default Re: Bridge being SPD red in Once A Ranger

According to rumors, McLaren was called and wasn't available, then Violette was asked and also wasn't available.

Personally, I thought Bridge was a brilliant move. The end of S.P.D. showed him being promoted to Blue Ranger when Jack left the team, so Birdy stepping down and shaking up the hierarchy again made total sense within the framework and expanded on history for future fanfics. Plus, Bridge having to run all of that down in one sentence was character-appropriate.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/15, 10:45 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

I thought Bridge being the Red S.P.D. Ranger was an awesome choice because it showed progression in the ranks even after the last time we saw them in S.P.D.

Yes it would have been better if Brandon or Chris would have returned but the story is that Brandon refused to as long as Emma was taking part in it and so they went to Chris and he was actually unavailable so they had to go with asking Matt to be in it and if he wasn't available then they probably would have went with one of the previous Red Rangers.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/30/15, 09:07 PM   #4
Superstatler
Power Ranger

I thought it was a bad move. If they couldn't get Jack or Sky then they should have used a different Ranger Power. It would have been forgiven since SPD was in the future. Bridge doesn't fit as Red Ranger. Also Sky never would have gave up being Red Ranger.
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/30/15, 09:12 PM   #5
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Why? SPD clearly had a hierchary when it came to Ranger colors. The finale established that they could change colors. It made perfect sense to have Bridge come back as Red. Besides, he was a fan favorite.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/30/15, 10:07 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstatler View Post
I thought it was a bad move. If they couldn't get Jack or Sky then they should have used a different Ranger Power. It would have been forgiven since SPD was in the future. Bridge doesn't fit as Red Ranger. Also Sky never would have gave up being Red Ranger.
who would have they gotten though? they clearly wanted only 1 Ranger from a specific team and I doubt they wanted to opt for 2 Ranger actors that had union membership... on top of which they likely would have wanted a Red Ranger to be part of the Retro team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Green Spandex View Post
Why? SPD clearly had a hierchary when it came to Ranger colors. The finale established that they could change colors. It made perfect sense to have Bridge come back as Red. Besides, he was a fan favorite.
I completely agree... whether Sky wanted to give up his status as Red Ranger or not it wasn't really his call since it was an organization and they had promotions.
Old 05/30/15, 10:41 PM   #7
Superstatler
Power Ranger

Mack could have been the one Overdrive Ranger to still have his powers for some reason and fight with the new team.
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/15, 02:20 AM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstatler View Post
Mack could have been the one Overdrive Ranger to still have his powers for some reason and fight with the new team.
he was still a current Ranger they wanted to go with a teamup of PREVIOUS Rangers.
Post New ThreadReply