Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07/28/09, 11:27 PM   #1
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

Default Save Jurassic Park IV

As you all may or may not be aware of, eight years ago we were told that a fourth Jurassic Park movie was in fact in the works. Eight years later, after dozens of set backs, rejected scripts, fake logos appearing on the internet, countless polls being won on comingsoon.net, and a misleading internet movie database page listing the film as a 2009 release, we get "maybe."

This film has been long awaited, and eight years is long enough for them to have come up with something. "Jurassic Park III" was a shallow film and unfitting to end such a wildly poppular franchise. I ask you to help raise awareness on Jurassic Park IV, sign the petition on jurassicparkiv.org or order merchandise from wewantiv.com. Please help save Jurassic Park IV.
TokuNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/09, 06:22 AM   #2
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

And what guarantee do I have this will be anything less lame than JP3?

I've been burned before.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/09, 09:32 AM   #3
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

They ran out of ways for JP to be interesting. Attack on a remote island, attack on the mainland, attack on remote island again. What's next flying dinos attacking planes?

That's been done before.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/30/09, 07:41 PM   #4
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

Technically speaking dinosaurs are land based animals. Pterasaurs, of the air, and creatures like Elasmosaur are simply classified as reptiles. Anyway, it wouldn't be impossible to come up with some new interesting ideas. They were throwing around some ideas for a script I found interesting. But if you wish to contradict everything I post, that's your opinion and your welcome to it. Thanks for listening.
Old 01/17/10, 02:38 AM   #5
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

Well ever since Dragon Knight parted from us, there hasn't been a whole lot of discussion on this board. Whether the following is of any interest to any of you is irrelevent, but it makes this board look like we're talking about something.

Apparently, Jurassic Park IV is back from the grave (for about the 7th time). Anyway, news has it that Joe Johnston told WENN Jurassic Park IV was in its planning stages. Here's the interivew:

WENN: The internet is freaking out that there might be a Jurassic Park IV.

JJ: Wow, when did that happen?

WENN: November-you mentioned to Ain't It Cool that there might be a good script.

JJ: Did I tell him? Was it me?

WENN: You said that there was no way to get people back on the island for a fourth time and have it make sense, but that 2001 was the last installment and we're due.

JJ: Well, there is going to be a Jurassic Park IV. And it's going to be unlike anything you've seen. It breaks away from the first three-it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy. It's going to be done in a completely different way. That's pretty much all I can tell you.

WENN: A second trilogy?

JJ: If you think of the first three as a trilogy, number four would be the beginning of a second trilogy.

WENN: Will we get 3 more films?

That's big. So not to lock you in, but there's a possibility there might be a total of six films?

JJ: Well, you never know. If they keep working-and if audiences keep going to them-there's no reason why there wouldn't be. We just want to make them justified in their own right. We don't want to make sequel after sequel just because there's a market for it. We want to tell different, interesting stories. You don't want to just sell hamburger.

Sounds like they put a lot of love in it. Being that it took them near a decade to come up with a script, it should. Still, I can't say I have much faith in a fourth film, no less a fifth or sixth. It just looks to me like so many movie franchises are coming back, just so people will have a name to recognize, and hope that sells tickets. Obviously, in the case of many recent films it doesn't. I just hope it isn't as bad as "Land of the Lost."
Post New ThreadReply