Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/14/15, 08:33 PM   #1
BlitzRangers
Putty Patroller

Default What was the original plan for venjix in rpm?

Was he going to be revealed to be the same one from Wild Force?
Have no clue what happened in the forum during 2009 ( I left shortly
after jungle fury) someone fill me in.
BlitzRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/15, 08:35 PM   #2
AkaNinja
Putty Patroller

Default Re: What was the original plan for venjix in rpm?

What you saw was essentially the original plan, as far as we know.

He was never meant to be the same Venjix.
AkaNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/15, 08:36 PM   #3
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321

The only way it would have made sense is if Dr. K used a piece of recovered alien technology to make Venjix and it took its own name. Kind of would have been neat to see that connection in the end, just to clear Dr. K's guilt if she found out she never had control of Venjix it was always evil and alive.

Kind of would have changed a lot of things to have this final season that was seemingly totally unconnected to the past series suddenly turn out to be driven entirely by something from the past.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/15, 08:43 PM   #4
codywing10
Putty Patroller

It's simple. The Venjix from Wild Force is the Venjix from RPM but the one loyal to the Machine Empire is older than the one in RPM. After RPM, Venjix, being inside Scott's Morpher, has access to the Morphing Grid. Now hear me out. Using the grid, after some time, he is able to manifest a body from a dormant power, shadowborg. When he does this part of Shadowborg's personality merges with Venjix but only a little. Venjix realizes he cannot fulfill his plan of domination without an army. He figures that time travel is his best answer. He knows from his memory banks that the Machine Empire was one of the Largest Armies to ever exist in history and decides to join them in the past. Thusly I have created many different parodoxes and confused even myself. You're welcome for this horrible Fanfic!
codywing10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/15, 08:51 PM   #5
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium321 View Post
The only way it would have made sense is if Dr. K used a piece of recovered alien technology to make Venjix and it took its own name. Kind of would have been neat to see that connection in the end, just to clear Dr. K's guilt if she found out she never had control of Venjix it was always evil and alive.

Kind of would have changed a lot of things to have this final season that was seemingly totally unconnected to the past series suddenly turn out to be driven entirely by something from the past.
All of this.

But, the later confirmation that RPM is set in an alternate dimension makes the idea of having two notable machine entities share a name just as good. Basically, they're still the same character, just existing in parallel realities, no different than Turtles Forever
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/15, 08:52 PM   #6
Zabitan
Administrator

A pissed off virtual pet who looks like a cute animated bunny gif who's obsessed with Burt Lancaster movies named Nathaniel Not Very Nice, and his physical form would have been based on Bomper.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/15, 08:53 PM   #7
ballofomega
Putty Patroller

I believe the alternate dimensions was originally intended by Guzelian and Tellegen in the interview archives. It was just conveniently adapted by Lynn after he replaced Guzelian and Tzachor in COTRR
ballofomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/15, 08:55 PM   #8
Zabitan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by codywing10 View Post
It's simple. The Venjix from Wild Force is the Venjix from RPM but the one loyal to the Machine Empire is older than the one in RPM. After RPM, Venjix, being inside Scott's Morpher, has access to the Morphing Grid. Now hear me out. Using the grid, after some time, he is able to manifest a body from a dormant power, shadowborg. When he does this part of Shadowborg's personality merges with Venjix but only a little. Venjix realizes he cannot fulfill his plan of domination without an army. He figures that time travel is his best answer. He knows from his memory banks that the Machine Empire was one of the Largest Armies to ever exist in history and decides to join them in the past. Thusly I have created many different parodoxes and confused even myself. You're welcome for this horrible Fanfic!
That actually sounds pretty good.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/15, 09:02 PM   #9
Lightspeed Zeo
Power Ranger

I was pretty dissapointed when Venjix turned out to be a new character. It would have been so cook if it was the same Venjix. If it had to be a au he could have been a parallel version..
Lightspeed Zeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/17/15, 01:10 PM   #10
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

I was disapointed that they didn't use the same Venjix at first. But it worked out anyway. Especially after we found out RPM was an AU.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply