Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/12/11, 02:48 PM   #1
Orange Ranger
Ranger In Training

Default Power Rangers Alternate History

Can anyone think of alternate history (what would have happened) ideas for Power Rangers? Such as what would have happened if the green ranger clone was able to join the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers and there would be two Tommys and seven rangers? Feel free to post, or not post.
Orange Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/11, 02:49 PM   #2
psychic ranger
Power Ranger

I think of this kind of stuff all the time. I love the possibilities AUs bring. Like what would have happened if Tommy, Kat, Tonya, and Adam had gone into Space instead of the new Turbo Cast. Or what if the Space Rangers continued on in Lost Galaxy. What if the NS Rangers were used for DinoThunder? What if the DinoThunder Rangers were used in SPD? What would have happened if the MMPR Ranger's retired in Doomsday? The possiblities are endless.
psychic ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/11, 02:49 PM   #3
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

During Dino Thunder the episode where it showed Tommy's video diary about his life as a Power Ranger and the history of the other Power Rangers, it was canon proof that Dino Thunder existed in an alternate continuity to the rest of Power Rangers up to that point or all Disney PR is alternate continuity from the Saban PR.

Sword of Darkness was called Power Sword, the name given to Jason's Power Weapon

Sword of Darkness was destroyed by Tommy with the other's help (instead of Jason destroying it), it also wasn't what was causing him to go out and tried kill the other Rangers.

Green Ranger Power was said to be only temporary not stolen

No mention of Katherine being under an evil spell

No mention of Vile, nor the Rangers turning into kids

No mention of the Alien Rangers having come to Earth, to save the Rangers asses after failing miserably

No mention of the Zeo Crystal Quest

No mention of Trey as Gold Ranger

No mention of Phantom Ranger nor Blue Senturian

Command Center destruction means loss of Turbo powers contradictory to known cannon which states that the Turbo powers came from Eltar

No mention of any Battlizers other than Leo's

No mention of Scorpious

No mention of Magna Defender nor Mike

No mention of Karone replacing the first Ranger to ever die, nor the dead Ranger's death and resurrection

No mention of Ryan being evil at first

No mention of Alex, nor his death and resurrection

No mention of Merrick being the evil Zen-Aku first

No mention of Forever Red in the video dairy about the history of his life as a Power Ranger (which is really odd considering he was frakkin there)

Specifically states that Tommy has no Ranger powers at the time in direct contradiction to Forever Red (he creates evil with Mercer, yet he doesn't keep his Zeo Powers handy just in case he may need to clean up his own frakkin mess)
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/11, 02:50 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

DinoThunder actually proves that Power Rangers has always been one timeline. "Legacy of Power just had a few errors and condensed the story for time. Doug has made it pretty clear that DinoThunder is not an AU. The only Power Rangers season that could be an AU is SPD. Since Greg said that he thought of it as one. But I am not so sure, since we had a team up. Its possible its an alternate future though.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/11, 02:58 PM   #5
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

What I have seen disproves Power Rangers has always been one timeline.

Those few "errors" in Legacy of Power were glaring in your face *$!*% slapping errors for a man who supposedly cared a lot about PR. He should have been more careful and done the slightest amount of research. They have the series bible for that it was just plain lazy and stupid of him not to use it.

If he intended to prove one big timeline he $#!!++ so bad it is beyond salvation unless they gather the actors back together redo the episode and actually fix it with an apology at the beginning for %$*%*!# up.

Doug can say it a thousand times that Dino Thunder proves one timeline the show itself disproves it multiple times in one episode.
Old 01/12/11, 02:59 PM   #6
Delta Red
FORUM RIDE: Moderate

Send a message via ICQ to Delta Red Send a message via AIM to Delta Red Send a message via MSN to Delta Red Send a message via Yahoo to Delta Red

Actually, the "errors" prove that, storywise, Tommy was covering his own ass in how much he really did as Evil Green. Other things left out were done for time, we all know this. You're just trying to start a fight form the looks of it.

Doug said it was meant to be in the main timeline, Ann said it...I'm sorry, word of producers and writers trump a fan saying "Well, I SAY because of what I view it as."

Only SPD as presented is an AU, word of producers.
Delta Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/11, 03:00 PM   #7
PRangerX
Administrator

Disney destoryed all the Series Bibles when they took over Power Rangers. But I am sure Sloan, Ann, and Jackie know PR well enough.

I forgot to mention that Tommy most likely lost his Zeo powers after "Forever Red". The video actually makes it sound like all the other Rangers teams have been depowered by DT. I'm not sure whether I believe that fully or not.

The ommisions in Legacy of Power were more time related reasons. I have to watch the episode again. But they weren't really major mistakes. I am sure Tommy has a more complete history written down somewhere.
Old 01/12/11, 03:01 PM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

BTW, we are forgetting the MMPR Movie and the Comic books. Both take place in AUs. We know the first movie does as a fact. And its pretty certian that the comics do as well.
Old 01/12/11, 03:04 PM   #9
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltared View Post
Doug said it was meant to be in the main timeline, Ann said it...I'm sorry, word of producers and writers trump a fan saying "Well, I SAY because of what I view it as."
Doug & Ann are right some of the times, but the show trumps them every time when they contradict each other. It's not a fan saying they are wrong, it is the #@*%!!+ show saying they are wrong by the very fact they wrote an absolutely clear episode that proves them wrong and that DT is set in an AU. If they wanted it to be the same timeline they should have done a better job.

Next moron please stand up and be shot down like the rapid brainless bafoon of a dog just like DeltaRed.
Old 01/12/11, 03:08 PM   #10
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Where did you hear that little gem?
Post New ThreadReply