Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/08/16, 06:14 PM   #11
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Default Re: Movie trailer is finally here!

I like the fact that there is no Tommy in sight. Looks like Jason is "kissing on Kimberly" this time.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/16, 06:03 PM   #12
A Gia To Remember
Power Ranger

Tommy will probably be in a sequel, if there is one.
A Gia To Remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/16, 06:07 PM   #13
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita's Pita View Post
Looks too much like Power/Rangers to me.
I don't get that vibe. I know its hard to judge by a trailer. But I didn't get overly dark vibes. Sure its darker and more intense. But I think its also going to be fun. Its not going to be film noir or some kind of Nolan Batman film. Not that Power/Rangers was exactly those things.

Power/Rangers was intentionally more intense and dramatic. To the point where it became almost a parody. The new movie seems to feature characters that overcome their obstacles where Power/Rangers showed us a team that was basically destroyed.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/16, 06:13 PM   #14
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

I was afraid they were going to go too dark. But the tone of this trailer makes me feel a lot better. I still need the see the movie. But I do feel less worried about this project.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/16, 06:45 PM   #15
Dic Dubber
Ranger In Training

I hate it! Its right what I expected when they started talking about this! And I disagree with PRX, this is exactly like Power/Rangers. Maybe even worse. At least Power/Rangers wasn't done by Saban Brands. Saban Brands should no better. And if its all Lionsgate, shame on Saban Brands for being so trusting. This movie is going to be a complete abomination. And will destory Power Rangers. I wouldn't be surprised if the show gets cancelled once this movie ruins MMPR for everyone!
Dic Dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/16, 06:47 PM   #16
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

Don't you think you're being over dramatic? Its just a teaser trailer. I have seen plenty of movie previews I like or hate that end up being totally different from the actual movie. Its just a way of selling the movie. And getting the most people to want to see it. Why not watch the movie first before you are ready to disown it. I don't see it doing anything to damage the franchise on the TV side. The only damage would be if the movie does poorly and no further movies are made.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/16, 07:58 PM   #17
Ginger Snap
Ranger In Training

Wow some strong feelings about this! I just can't wait to see the movie. I really hope it is as good as the trailer looks. I plan on bringing some of my non PR fan friends who like Superhero stuff. I think they might like this.
Ginger Snap is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply