Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/27/15, 05:21 PM   #1
SpidahMan
Putty Patroller

Default Unpopular fandom opinions

The most recent one of these was like almost a year old and I didn't want to Necropost. And it's always nice to hear different opinions

-Adam sucks. Bland as cardboard. I heard he got a personality in Zeo and I never saw it.

-Dimitria was the best mentor they ever had

-RPM isn't bad in the sense that like we've had a lot of really bad seasons its one of the better Disney seasons , but it's overrated as hell and seeing comments like "but they use the word kill" and "characters die on screen" and "the main character isn't the Red Ranger this time" makes me think people have memory problems and can't remember a time before 2005. But my favorite is hearing RPM had no filler episodes.

-I like Judd Lynn but I dunno if I think he's godsend. Turbo2 and In Space are generally fantastic but Lost Galaxy was all over the place in terms of quality and a narrative trainwreck, Lightspeed was more average than anything, Time Force was ...disappointing by the time it ended and RPM's second half well it wasn't any better or worse than the first half.
I probably respect him more under the circumstances he worked under than I liked his work

Zeo is terrible. TERRIBLE.

I like Wasserman as much as the next guy but not everything he did was gold. The Gold Ranger theme and Piranhatrons theme were awful and I preferred the Mystic Force theme we got over the demo.

Mighty Morphin....isn't overrated. People on JDF's Facebook page and
Buzzfeed are people who never watched a season past Zeo or stopped at the time Tommy left the show. Of course they're going to compare Mighty Morphin favorably to Zeo and Turbo1 and say its the best. Plus people thinking things from their childhood is the best isn't new. The actual fandom who has seen most or all of the seasons is generally fair in putting Mighty Morphin in the middle. Except the people who keep crying about overrated it is. Most of the major negativity toward Mighty Morphin is being reactionary.

TJ is one of the best leaders ever

Justin is the best Ranger of the Zordon era and in my top 5 of all time easy.

The Piranhatrons aren't "pathetic" and I don't know why the fandom thinks they are. Because unmorphed Justin can take a few on a time ? The kid Rangers have taken on Z Putties and Tengas. Justin, unmorphed, had no more problems fighting the Quatrons than he did the Piranhatrons.

No,General Havoc should not have taken over as main villain in Turbo. He's boring and he sucks. Divatox was pushing him around so I don't think he's "superior" plus Divatox is one of the best villains ever and actually has a personality which brings me to...

I generally prefer the goofy villains. With rare exceptions the serious villains have little in the way of personality and when you're design to lose on an almost episode to episode basis you should at least have a personality. Even Astronema, who was seen at the time as the first serious threat since early Zedd and was the first villain to have any "complexities" had the spoiled princess brat personality pre-Secret of the locket.
SpidahMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/17/15, 02:35 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Unpopular fandom opinions

I think TJ was a great leader. And still brought those qualities in PRIS when need be. TJ was Andros' go to guy when he needed to trust someone and confide in command descions.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/17/15, 02:36 PM   #3
Turbo Guy
Power Ranger

Default Re: Unpopular fandom opinions

Turbo was the best Season. Divatiox was the best villain and Justiin was an awesome Ranger. Those are minority opinions that I have.
Turbo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply