Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/10/15, 09:46 PM   #1
butterflyboy
Putty Patroller

Default MMPR rangers were just MEAN to Bulk and Skull

I know this has been brought up in the fandom before, but I've been watching some earlier episodes of MMPR lately and can't get over what dicks the original teens could be to Bulk and Skull.

I get that B&S were supposed to be these mean bullies, but more often than not that just came across as really dumb buffoons. And its weird that the rangers are characterized as sooooooooo squeaky clean EXCEPT when it comes to B&S. It really plays off as five pretty and popular kids picking on the less-intelligent, less pretty kids.

This led me to thinking; do you think the writers/producers started to notice this and thus changed the dynamic by slowly making the team more friendly to B&S as well as making B&S more "good" guys?

Or is it possible that we fans view the season one characters through the lens of knowing how B&S will change and therefore we like them more than they had earned at that point?

I was just watching "To Flea or not to Flea" and its like, B&S are guilty of searching for a dog to get the reward money. How awful! Then at the end, Billy acts like he doesn't want to give them the antidote for that horrible itching spell they were suffering from. Jason begrudgingly says he should give it them and you can tell Billy still doesn't wanna do it. For how pro-social the writers and actors tended to be, its weird to notice these moments.

What other moments have you guys noticed where the teens were just complete dicks to Bulk & Skull? Or do you think Bulk & Skull were treated just the way they should have been?
butterflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/11/15, 10:41 AM   #2
Astronema
Power Ranger

Default Re: MMPR rangers were just MEAN to Bulk and Skull

Andros using telekinis on Bulk to mess with his milkshake when he was being mean to Skull. Bulk deserved it in a way. But it seemed pretty mean on Andros' part.
Astronema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/11/15, 10:46 AM   #3
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

You diffinitly do see where the Rangers making fun of Bulk and Skull got toned down after season 1. As well as the bulliness of Bulk and Skull. Once.the show became.more popular the.writers made.the Rangers even more swueaky clean and make the two "bullies" more likeable.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/11/15, 10:49 AM   #4
Inner Senshi
Power Ranger

Bulk and Skull were bullies in season 1. The Rangers only gave them what they deserved. The rangers werent gonna let a bunch of bullies push them around. Half the time Bulk and Skull got themselves into their own messes. When they started to act nicer the Rangers were nicer to.them.
Inner Senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply