Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/10/17, 09:54 AM   #1
Countdown to Destruction
Comic Relief

Default Dealing with departure of Tommy at the end Zeo

If Tommy left at the end of Zeo how would you have handled his departure? Who would have replaced him?
Countdown to Destruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/17, 12:30 PM   #2
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Default Re: Dealing with departure of Tommy at the end Zeo

Throw a big party! I know I would if I was Zordon and the rest or the team. Who mostly had to be as sick of him as me.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/17, 02:29 PM   #3
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Actually, I would not mind if there was a Tommy-centric spin-off that takes place somewhere in-between Zeo and Turbo. The latter would need to take place at least a year or two since the final events in Zeo. The spin-off would feature Tommy questioning himself weather he wants to stay a Power Ranger since he just witnessed one of his best friends nearly loose his own life because he was a carrier of Ranger powers that weren't made for a human body. This would make other Rangers re-consider if they would want to stay Rangers too since there would be a long time before another alien attach would happen.

In the end, they would all decide to go back to their normal lives, which would lead to the events in T:APRM. It would feature a firmly decided Tommy to leave Power Rangers and be divided between his beliefs and his Ranger duties because of Zordon needing time to select new Ranger candidates. Then "Shift Into Turbo" would end up introducing a the new Turbo Ranger cast in a different way (minus Justin, as he would still show up for the movie). The story would have the Zeo Ranger characters - minus Justin - (now briefly Turbo Rangers) being kidnapped by Divatox and held for a ransom and somehow, T.J., Cassie, Carlos and Ashely would end up rescuing them.
Then the second half of Turbo remains as is and PRiS plays out the same.

There would be nothing wrong if Tommy left after Zeo, it's just JDF and the rest of the Zeo cast would still need to appear in T:APRM and in the first three episodes of the next season as recurring cast.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/17, 03:01 PM   #4
Forever Jason
Ranger In Training

I would have had him leave to go on a quest with his brother and pass his powers to Jason. Jason could have led the team indefinitly or until the original cast switch.
Forever Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/17, 03:02 PM   #5
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

I would have brought Kimberly back to ead the team but make it clear she was now in a long dksatncee relationship with Tommy again. Also Kim would have been Tommy's wife in "Seasons To Remember".
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/17, 03:05 PM   #6
Green With Envy
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
Actually, I would not mind if there was a Tommy-centric spin-off that takes place somewhere in-between Zeo and Turbo. The latter would need to take place at least a year or two since the final events in Zeo. The spin-off would feature Tommy questioning himself weather he wants to stay a Power Ranger since he just witnessed one of his best friends nearly loose his own life because he was a carrier of Ranger powers that weren't made for a human body. This would make other Rangers re-consider if they would want to stay Rangers too since there would be a long time before another alien attach would happen.

In the end, they would all decide to go back to their normal lives, which would lead to the events in T:APRM. It would feature a firmly decided Tommy to leave Power Rangers and be divided between his beliefs and his Ranger duties because of Zordon needing time to select new Ranger candidates. Then "Shift Into Turbo" would end up introducing a the new Turbo Ranger cast in a different way (minus Justin, as he would still show up for the movie). The story would have the Zeo Ranger characters - minus Justin - (now briefly Turbo Rangers) being kidnapped by Divatox and held for a ransom and somehow, T.J., Cassie, Carlos and Ashely would end up rescuing them.
Then the second half of Turbo remains as is and PRiS plays out the same.

There would be nothing wrong if Tommy left after Zeo, it's just JDF and the rest of the Zeo cast would still need to appear in T:APRM and in the first three episodes of the next season as recurring cast.
Some pretty good ideas. Most of them could!d have worked. But I not sure if a series like that about Tommy would have been green lit. I could see him being the star of a drastically different beetleborgs. In much the same way as he was going to be for Cybertron. Of course he would have been an entriely different character there.
Green With Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/17, 05:21 PM   #7
Inner Senshi
Power Ranger

I would have been sad to see him go so early. It waa bad enough when he left in Turbo.
Inner Senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/17, 05:27 PM   #8
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

For my serious answer...I would have Jason and Emily replace Tommy and Kat mid Zeo.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/17, 07:37 PM   #9
JenAndAlex
Putty Patroller

Tommy was overrated anyway. Get rid of him after the Green Candle two parter.
JenAndAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/17, 08:29 PM   #10
VR Master
Power Ranger

I think I would have had JDF p!ay Ryan's long lost brother in VR Troopers Season 3. Which would have used Beetlefighter Footage.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply