Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/29/14, 04:33 PM   #1
gamecubedan
Shadow Ranger

Default clips from finale

http://www.orendsrange.com/2014/09/p...egaforce-ep-20 .html
Its in french but at least we get to see some clips from it.
Old 10/29/14, 04:33 PM   #2
soul_reaver265
Shadow Ranger

Default Re: clips from finale

I honestly never thought I'd say this, but based off of those clips, Forever Red (the 10th Anniversary Special, for the uninitiated) actually looks good by comparison.

- Why bother bringing back all those actors if they're not going to get the chance to do anything meaningful?

- Tommy gets introduced as the White Mighty Morphin' Ranger, but appears to help the Megaforce crew as the Green Mighty Morphin' Ranger? The real-world reason why makes sense (JDF apparently asked to appear in that costume), but it makes no sense in the context of the story.

- The big battle itself was horrendously underwhelming, and I didn't feel any sense of finality to it.

In short, pretty much what I expected. Short, to the point, and with no real fanfare or oomph to it. And I wouldn't expect anything less from a company who - at that point in time, at least - didn't seem to really care all that much about making a quality product.

We all have our problems, some just hide it better.
Old 10/29/14, 04:35 PM   #3
TrickyDicky007
Shadow Ranger

I expected nothing less sadly. The 20th anniversary couldn't have been left in worse hands [no emoticon].
Old 10/29/14, 04:36 PM   #4
soul_reaver265
Shadow Ranger

True. But Jonathan Tzachor didn't need to go to the other extreme by letting his raging Sentai boner get the better of him. We could've had something really special.

Instead, we get random Sentai-only Rangers that have no pre-exisiting backstory in the Power Rangers universe, main characters that are bland enough to make the cast of Power Rangers Samurai seem mildly interesting, and a season that wastes time spinning it's wheels until the return of past Ranger actors who don't even make any kind of significant mark.

Power Rangers might be a show predominantly marketed towards kids, but it is also a show that - if the interviews on Shout Factory's DVD's are anything to go by - nobody expected to ever become as popular as it was back in the early 90's, let alone survive for what will (as of August 28th, 2015) become its 22nd year. And it deserves better than the shlock that is Megaforce/Super Megaforce.

I'm hoping - however vainly it might ultimately be - that things will change for the better now that Judd Lynn is back on board for next year's Dino Charge.

We all have our problems, some just hide it better.
Old 10/29/14, 04:36 PM   #5
TrickyDicky007
Shadow Ranger

Quote:
I'm hoping - however vainly it might ultimately be - that things will change for the better now that Judd Lynn is back on board for next year's Dino Charge.
I don't think it's vain to think that, Judd Lynn has a good track record. Whatever happens, it can't possibly be any worse...
Old 10/29/14, 04:38 PM   #6
kiti22
Shadow Ranger

The Last Episode of Super Megaforce is on this Friday on Nicktoons UK

Quote:
Judd Lynn has a good track record. Whatever happens, it can't possibly be any worse...
Agree with That
Post New ThreadReply