Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/26/12, 02:53 PM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Forever Red

I wanted to bring this topic up as well as some questions in relation to it.

How did Serpentera end up on the moon and why is it small?
How did Bulk get back to Earth?
How did Jason get so cocky?
How did Jason,Tommy and T.J. use their powers?
How was Cole's Wild Force Rider able to destroy Serpentera?
How did the Machine Empire Generals escape the Z-Wave?
How did T.J. go from being the Blue Space Ranger back to the Red Turbo Ranger?
Where was Rocky, the second Mighty Morphin' Red Ranger?
Why were Red Rangers only chosen for this mission?
Who built Alpha 7 and where did he come from?
Why didn't Aurico unmorph?
How did Jason know Wes and Eric?

I do have my own thoughts in regard to most of these questions but I want to see what everyone else has to say about it first.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/12, 12:10 PM   #2
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Forever Red

Hmm... I'll have a go..

1. I always believed that the moon was where Zedd hid Serpentera the whole time. At the start fo Zeo, Rita, Zedd & Co. Rushed out of their quite fast. He either didn't get time to move it, or didn't want to use it considering its low battery life then.

2. The best idea I have heard yet is the Mirinoi Wormholes. Nearly everything was destroyed on Terra Venture, Surely they would have needed to have return flights and whatnot between Earth and Mirinoi.

3. Eh. He's was the original Red Ranger.. He's allowed to be cocky =P

4. Apparently, its solved by a PR Comic, I can't remember the specifics, but its brought up on nearly every FR Topic. Something about Zedd creating an evil morpher or something and Jason stealing it. I'm not sure, I haven't read anything about ti for along while. Tommy's Zeo Crystal never actually went inactive. And T.J most likely got his powers from Lightning Cruiser. Just like Justin got his powers from Storm Blaster in PRIS

5. He went through the middle of it. Basically destroyed its insides I guess.

6. Maybe they weren't active yet. Something could've been a catalyst for their activation?

7. It's not that he couldn't have been the Blue Space Ranger. It was Forever Red so he need to be a Red Ranger for Storyline's Sake.

8. We haven't seen him since he hurt his Back in Turbo. Maybe, he became paralyzed.

9. They were up against Serpentera. My best guess is that as it such an important meeting with the fate of the world at stake, they didn't just want any rangers, they needed the leaders, who had shown leadership throughout their respective teams. The only person I have a problem with in this situation is Aurico.

10. As far as I remember, Eltar built Alphas. I assume it's no different with Alpha 7.

11. The moon is pretty dry, and I'm not sure if they could survive without Water on the condition that they were in their suits.

12. I don't remember him specifically saying that he knew Wes & Eric... Did he? I remember him just walking past the line of them and telling how he knew certain people more then others. And hell... They travel through time. They could've seen him somewhere else. Not to mention, he's probably seen them on the Television and whatnot over the years.
Mad Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/12, 12:47 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

1. You're forgetting they used Serpentera to travel to the M-51 Galaxy.

2. I agree with you.

3. Agreed... however there was more of a behind-the-scenes reason for it.
It was part of 1 of their drafts but they kept on needing to cut things down so
it would fit in a 22-minute ep.

4. Indeed. Not sure I really believe it though in regards to Jason getting his
powers from the comic book Dark Rangers.

5. I agree with you however keep in mind who gave him the bike as well.

6. Could be the active excuse or it could just be that they weren't active at
the time of Dark Specter's massive assault.

7. Indeed... we know he needed to be Red for episode-specific reasons but what's
the reason for him ditching his Space powers? Nothing is ever stated in regards to
only why they can use their Red powers. Is it because the Machine Empirie Generals
had created some kind of energy field that blocked all morphing energies that weren't red

8. Maybe but based on the draft, he was written in the episode. He was going to be working for Tommy much like Bulk and Skull were.
He would have only been a Ranger in the event of Austin not being able to make it.

9. That wouldn't be valid though. Aurico and Wes weren't leaders of their team.
They acted more like field leaders but not overall leaders.

10. Nope. King Lexian of Edenoi is responsible for building the Alpha robots.
However was it the same situation with Alpha 7 or was he just pieced together by
humans?

11. Indeed. I agree with you.
12. Yes, he implied as such because he said along the lines of "I remember some of you more than others"
as he walked past Wes and Eric which implies he's met them before.
Old 06/01/12, 10:30 AM   #4
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

Quote:
1. You're forgetting they used Serpentera to travel to the M-51 Galaxy.
I guess watching the first episode of Zeo and reading 3sentence descriptions of an episode isn't sufficient enough anymore aye? lol. I need to get around to finding some of these DVD's when they come out. =P To be honest, I just saw them run out of the moon palace. And then the next point of PR I saw was the Turbo Movie. Heh.

Quote:
3. Agreed... however there was more of a behind-the-scenes reason for it.
It was part of 1 of their drafts but they kept on needing to cut things down so
it would fit in a 22-minute ep.
There was a behind the scenes reason for Jason being cocky? And even so, If it wasn't shown on TV, You and me know nothing about it unless we know of that reason. We would need a more indepth description as to what Jason has done over the past few years that could have possible made him this confident. Jason wasn't Cocky in PRT:TM, so it must have happened sometime after then.

Quote:
4. Indeed. Not sure I really believe it though in regards to Jason getting his
powers from the comic book Dark Rangers.
Maybe the Sword of Light? There were two sets of each colour when Jason, Trini & Zack left and they didn't demorph once the power was transferred. We could maybe assume that Jason's Power Coin didn't have any side effects from the Orb of Doom and he was still able to use it? He never mentioned it in Zeo though... Or Turbo. So I'm not sure.

Quote:
5. I agree with you however keep in mind who gave him the bike as well.
*Checks Rangercentral*

Animus????? It's a Power Ranger's Motorcycle. Of course its going to go through anything. =P

Quote:
6. Could be the active excuse or it could just be that they weren't active at
the time of Dark Specter's massive assault.
Sorry If I explained that wrong. That's what I meant. Maybe the Z-Wave itself activated them. It could be Anything. Maybe some Idiot from Terra Venture hit a button in the Lost Galaxy Somewhere and it activated them... the range of possibilities is endless. lol.

Quote:
7. Indeed... we know he needed to be Red for episode-specific reasons but what's
the reason for him ditching his Space powers? Nothing is ever stated in regards to
only why they can use their Red powers. Is it because the Machine Empirie Generals
had created some kind of energy field that blocked all morphing energies that weren't red
Well... Another Reason is maybe that the Turbo Powers were never actually established as a power that was weaker then the Space Powers. Andros and TJ from the episode looked like they hadn't seen eachother in years. Andros probably didn't even bring his morpher which had probably been in confinement in the Mega-ship since the Galaxy Team-Up. Where they went after the Megaship was destroyed though, I have no clue.

Quote:
8. Maybe but based on the draft, he was written in the episode. He was going to be working for Tommy much like Bulk and Skull were.
He would have only been a Ranger in the event of Austin not being able to make it.
I guess its just a case of putting a ranger to a face. when I say MMPR Red Ranger, Most people don't think of Rocky. They think of Jason (I would assume anyway). Having 2 MMPR Red Rangers there would have been silly.

And to be brutally honest, when we ask questions like this that we all know no-one has no real answers for and the only way we can fill these holes in is through our own imaginations and facts from previous series', we can't really throw in the fact that "He was written into the episode". That's more suited for a question such as why wasn't Steve Cardenas in the Episode

Quote:
9. That wouldn't be valid though. Aurico and Wes weren't leaders of their team.
They acted more like field leaders but not overall leaders.
From what I've seen and heard of TF (I know.... I haven't watched much PR at all), Wes wasn't a leader at the start, but by the end he was. Jen was still more knowledgeable about time and whatnot, but Wes was up top by the end. Aurico was just there because he was. He was put at the end of the line-up which to me implied that he probably wasn't planned to be there but rather, they just put him there cause he was red.

Quote:
10. Nope. King Lexian of Edenoi is responsible for building the Alpha robots.
However was it the same situation with Alpha 7 or was he just pieced together by
humans?
I.......... knew that.... >.< I was just testing? Haha. Jks... I fail at this....

On the Building of a new one, I took at a look at Wikipedia:

Quote:
It is revealed by DECA that Alpha 6 has 3,004,700,903 individual circuit terminals inside him. This is explained while Carlos is attempting to repair his voice chip.
I doubt even the most intelligent human could do that. Andros, being the space traveller that he is, probably went to Edenoi in between Galaxy and Wild Force and got a new one built. His continued absence even after Forever Red leads me to believe that the Astro Megaship Mark II was his home and he likely traveled with Andros

Quote:
12. Yes, he implied as such because he said along the lines of "I remember some of you more than others"
as he walked past Wes and Eric which implies he's met them before.
About half way into writing this post.... I found this... Which works perfectly with this question:

Found it on the Power Rangers Wiki

Quote:
When asked about the Red Ranger's power restorations on Facebook, Amit Bhaumik replied "For time constraints we had to cut some details like how Tommy, Jason, and TJ got their original powers back. It is regrettable but with only 22 minutes of run time for Forever Red, I thought it was better to focus on the present day action of the episode instead of getting bogged down with filling in every background detail. Especially since casual or newer fans wouldn't have been that familiar with previous seasons and probably wouldn't have cared for too much background explanation.Though we actually had plans to eventually address this. You'll notice when Jason shows up to join the other Rangers he mentions how he recognizes some of the other Red Rangers 'better than others' in reference to Wes and Eric even though that was the first episode they ever appeared together in. By Jason referencing a past team up with the Silver Guardians I was trying to set up an eventual prequel episode or special where we would refer again to, and hopefully even show, how Tommy/Jason/TJ got their powers back. In our original plan for the post-Wild Force season (what was ultimately called Ninja Storm), there were some rough plans to bring Tommy back as sort of like a new Zordon but more of an action-oriented veteran like Nick Fury from Marvel. He would have been the 6th Ranger from that season. But after Wild Force, Disney chose to take the show in another direction with Ninja Storm and then Dino Thunder making Tommy a paleontologist and dropping the Zeo powers."
So really... There was supposedly a setup for a prequel team-up with Time Force and MMPR possibly? showing how they got all their powers back. That's supposedly why he knew them.

I swear this has taken me nearly an hour to write this up.... >.<

So with that... I'm off to watch some Ryuki =D
Mad Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/12, 01:40 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dragon View Post
I guess watching the first episode of Zeo and reading 3sentence descriptions of an episode isn't sufficient enough anymore aye? lol. I need to get around to finding some of these DVD's when they come out. =P To be honest, I just saw them run out of the moon palace. And then the next point of PR I saw was the Turbo Movie. Heh.
Indeed, they ran out of the palace however then they had to discuss where to go because Serpentera had limited energy which is when Rita called her Father.

Quote:
There was a behind the scenes reason for Jason being cocky? And even so, If it wasn't shown on TV, You and me know nothing about it unless we know of that reason. We would need a more indepth description as to what Jason has done over the past few years that could have possible made him this confident. Jason wasn't Cocky in PRT:TM, so it must have happened sometime after then.
Actually I do know of it since I've read all kinds of topics relating to "Forever Red." Basically it's a side effect of Jason and Tommy growing apart because they both read an online slash Fanfic about them or some such like that. It's been years since I saw it so I don't recall if it was a Fanfiction about them actually being together or not.

Quote:
Maybe the Sword of Light? There were two sets of each colour when Jason, Trini & Zack left and they didn't demorph once the power was transferred. We could maybe assume that Jason's Power Coin didn't have any side effects from the Orb of Doom and he was still able to use it? He never mentioned it in Zeo though... Or Turbo. So I'm not sure.
Indeed... that could be possible. Or we could use Zordon's death as the excuse. I mean look at how often he could recharge Tommy's Green powers.

Quote:
*Checks Rangercentral*

Animus????? It's a Power Ranger's Motorcycle. Of course its going to go through anything. =P
Indeed, Animus. He's a God so of course anything he gives is going to be overly-powerful.

Quote:
Sorry If I explained that wrong. That's what I meant. Maybe the Z-Wave itself activated them. It could be Anything. Maybe some Idiot from Terra Venture hit a button in the Lost Galaxy Somewhere and it activated them... the range of possibilities is endless. lol.
Indeed or perhaps they were just watching over the places that King Mondo had already conquered and therefore Zordon didn't consider them to be an active threat. I mean look at Serpentera. It was a zord that he could have destroyed but he didn't consider it an active threat so he left it alone.

Quote:
Well... Another Reason is maybe that the Turbo Powers were never actually established as a power that was weaker then the Space Powers. Andros and TJ from the episode looked like they hadn't seen eachother in years. Andros probably didn't even bring his morpher which had probably been in confinement in the Mega-ship since the Galaxy Team-Up. Where they went after the Megaship was destroyed though, I have no clue.
Not likely. The first Megaship was destroyed during Lost Galaxy... and the Space Rangers left Terra Ventures in their Ranger suits.
Also Megaship Mark II was implied to be just made on KO-35.

However we definitely don't know which powers are the strongest.

Quote:
I guess its just a case of putting a ranger to a face. when I say MMPR Red Ranger, Most people don't think of Rocky. They think of Jason (I would assume anyway). Having 2 MMPR Red Rangers there would have been silly.
Very true plus there's no way to tell the difference between the MMPR Red suits because they're exactly the same.

Quote:
And to be brutally honest, when we ask questions like this that we all know no-one has no real answers for and the only way we can fill these holes in is through our own imaginations and facts from previous series', we can't really throw in the fact that "He was written into the episode". That's more suited for a question such as why wasn't Steve Cardenas in the Episode
Indeed but we know why Steve wasn't in the episode. They couldn't reach him. He had agreed to come back for the ep but he was moving at the time and he forgot to give them updated contact info for his new address.

Quote:
From what I've seen and heard of TF (I know.... I haven't watched much PR at all), Wes wasn't a leader at the start, but by the end he was. Jen was still more knowledgeable about time and whatnot, but Wes was up top by the end. Aurico was just there because he was. He was put at the end of the line-up which to me implied that he probably wasn't planned to be there but rather, they just put him there cause he was red.
Correct with Time Force. Aurico was planned to be there, they just likely tacked him on at the end because his actor was unavailable otherwise they likely would have placed him in between Jason and Tommy.

Quote:
I.......... knew that.... >.< I was just testing? Haha. Jks... I fail at this....
LOL.

Quote:
On the Building of a new one, I took at a look at Wikipedia: I doubt even the most intelligent human could do that. Andros, being the space traveller that he is, probably went to Edenoi in between Galaxy and Wild Force and got a new one built. His continued absence even after Forever Red leads me to believe that the Astro Megaship Mark II was his home and he likely traveled with Andros
You never know. I mean look at Billy. He constructed the Zeozords and he assisted the Alien Rangers in designing and creating the Red Battlezords.

Quote:
About half way into writing this post.... I found this... Which works perfectly with this question:

Found it on the Power Rangers Wiki

So really... There was supposedly a setup for a prequel team-up with Time Force and MMPR possibly? showing how they got all their powers back. That's supposedly why he knew them.
Definitely sounded like it when I read it. and that whole post took you a whole hour to type? WOW.
Old 06/07/12, 12:22 AM   #6
GSXT
Ranger In Training

Send a message via Yahoo to GSXT

beetborgs in forever red and no zords
Old 06/07/12, 12:52 AM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Actually it was just 1 Beetleborg, technically 2 since Shadow Borg was considered to be an evil Beetleborg. The others were Astral Borg suits. However they were all used for the Machine Empire Generals.
Old 08/03/12, 04:49 PM   #8
crimsonfireranger
Ranger In Training

Zedd had to take it to get escape from the machine empire maybe he put back there before countdown to destruction
maybe he hitch a ride back to earth
because he is the most experience
technically they switch out the zeo power with the turbo and there was still available most likely lightning cruiser gave tj his powers back like mountaain blaster did with justin how Jason got his not sure
probaly it is hard to destroy since it was given by a god
possibily they were not near the wave of energy from Zordon
tj retired from being the blue space ranger after the teamup with the galaxy rangers because the space rangers wern't needed so that when he ask to go back to the red turbo ranger
his actor couldn't be reached
they stand out from the others they are the oneswho carry the team
Alpha was built so the rangers could get some help
like Rocky's actor the couldn't get him
it seems all the ranger teams seem to be in contact with each other and they all told of their adventures as rangers like when they got back to earth the rangers knew about tj being cook in that pizza
crimsonfireranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/12, 09:48 AM   #9
GSXT
Ranger In Training

Send a message via Yahoo to GSXT

eric should call q rex to fight spetra
Old 01/23/13, 05:34 PM   #10
MattEmily
Administrator

Yea, I do wonder why they hadn't opt to just use whatever zord costumes they had at the time of filming "Forever Red."

I mean I doubt people would care what Ranger actually piloted a zord.

If worse came to worse, they could just use 1 or 2 Megazords and just have the pilots split in between the 10 Rangers.

Granted we don't know exactly what zord suits were still in working order. We can assume Time Force and possibly Lightspeed's suits would probably still be fine.
Post New ThreadReply