Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion

Share This Forum!  

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite Star trek Film/
Star trek the motion picture 0 0%
Star Trek the wraith of Khan 1 6.25%
Star Trek The search for Spock 2 12.50%
Star trek the vovage home 2 12.50%
Star Trek The Final Frontier 0 0%
Star Trek The Undiscovered Country 1 6.25%
Star Trek Generations 2 12.50%
Star trek First Conatct 3 18.75%
Star trek Nemisis 3 18.75%
Star trek (2009) 2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/15/11, 11:53 AM   #1
ciaranred
Ranger In Training

Default Star Trek Film series

Hello everyone i thoght i might just put a thread up for people to discuss there favorite Star trek film, be it Star trek The motion picture (ya right) to star trek generations, all the way to Star trek (2009).

Now Star trek has been the major american sci fi series that has greatest imopact on world, and has a franchise that spans movies videogames, televison series, comics, books, toys, clothes, costumes, ideology's. So it great to see that it has a filmm series that has films that can deal with different themes such as age, loss, regret, hope, joy, the needs of the many against the needs of the few, Vegence, freindship, discovery and so much more, and this is just in Star trek 2 the wraith of Khan.

How bout Star trek The next Generation First contact, that dealt with Picards regretÂ****Â****over his actions woth the borg as well as fear of the unkowning and the disire to explore the unknown.

EachÂ****Star trek Film deals with so much and each person has there own favorite, so please comment about your favorite on here.
ciaranred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/11, 12:00 PM   #2
Hailey Hartford

Default RE: Star Trek Film series

My fave Star Trek movies are 3 and 4. I also like Generations and Nemesis.

Fave series is The Next Generation. The crew was awesome and the plots were so well written.
Hailey Hartford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/11, 12:09 PM   #3
ciaranred
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailey Hartford
My fave Star Trek movies are 3 and 4. I also like Generations and Nemesis.

Fave series is The Next Generation. The crew was awesome and the plots were so well written.
Hmmmm, i like 4 and 2 my problem over 3 was a minor one but it just holds it back in my books from being as great 2 and 4, the Soul business, i mean are you saying that souls are real in the star trek wheree magic is meant to be nothing mopre then super evovled Beings or technology, and if you have a soul you can live on for ever in theory, i just thought it convinent that spock had such a complex plan, that invovled things that no one i knew before they happened like the Genisis planet being unstable and his body being fired into the Genisis planet would rec reate it and restore it to perfection.

I just find that part of the plot to over the top for even Spock to know.
Old 03/15/11, 12:32 PM   #4
TaJaDoru
Comic Relief

I've been watching Star Trek since the mid-90's when I was a kid. I've been subject to seeing all of the movies. My favorites are as follows: (In order from most to least)

Star Trek (2009)
Generations
Insurection
Nemesis
First Contact
Search for Spock
The Voyage Home
TaJaDoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/11, 07:49 PM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranred
Hmmmm, i like 4 and 2 my problem over 3 was a minor one but it just holds it back in my books from being as great 2 and 4, the Soul business, i mean are you saying that souls are real in the star trek wheree magic is meant to be nothing mopre then super evovled Beings or technology, and if you have a soul you can live on for ever in theory, i just thought it convinent that spock had such a complex plan, that invovled things that no one i knew before they happened like the Genisis planet being unstable and his body being fired into the Genisis planet would rec reate it and restore it to perfection. I just find that part of the plot to over the top for even Spock to know.
It was a stretch. But they we're in a rock in a hard place. Since the original plan was to right Spock. But network heads didn't like the idea and Nimoy decided to remain with the franchise. I don't think they could have kept the movie franchise going without Spock anyway. David's death and the lost of the first Enterprise balanced things out. As Kirk had to pay a price for Spock's return.

I think my favorite movie has to be Star Trek 2. But the whole arch for 2-4 goes together nicely.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/11, 07:58 PM   #6
ciaranred
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranred
Hmmmm, i like 4 and 2 my problem over 3 was a minor one but it just holds it back in my books from being as great 2 and 4, the Soul business, i mean are you saying that souls are real in the star trek wheree magic is meant to be nothing mopre then super evovled Beings or technology, and if you have a soul you can live on for ever in theory, i just thought it convinent that spock had such a complex plan, that invovled things that no one i knew before they happened like the Genisis planet being unstable and his body being fired into the Genisis planet would rec reate it and restore it to perfection. I just find that part of the plot to over the top for even Spock to know.
It was a stretch. But they we're in a rock in a hard place. Since the original plan was to right Spock. But network heads didn't like the idea and Nimoy decided to remain with the franchise. I don't think they could have kept the movie franchise going without Spock anyway. David's death and the lost of the first Enterprise balanced things out. As Kirk had to pay a price for Spock's return.

I think my favorite movie has to be Star Trek 2. But the whole arch for 2-4 goes together nicely.
Oh i know that and kirk did pay one hell of a price to help save spock, and from that angle yes it was amazing and i won,t bad mouth that aspect, its just well spocks smart but come on you,d have to be Q to know that and even then he probably making it up as he going along.
Old 03/24/11, 11:21 AM   #7
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

I don't really care for Kirk, neither the old or new one.

I like Star trek (2009), but due to that movie the original universe will never be gone back to in tv and movie. The only way we will see that universe again is in video games and that is something I hate and thus I hate the movie.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/11, 01:30 PM   #8
ciaranred
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Decade
I don't really care for Kirk, neither the old or new one.

I like Star trek (2009), but due to that movie the original universe will never be gone back to in tv and movie. The only way we will see that universe again is in video games and that is something I hate and thus I hate the movie.
Wrll then who do you prefer as captain Picard Sisko, Sigh Janeway, Archer. Pike
Old 03/24/11, 01:35 PM   #9
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

I prefer Picard, Sisko, Janeway, Archer.

As for Pike, don't know the original universe version. As for the new universe, he is a part of the new universe so I automatically will not even like him.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/11, 02:55 PM   #10
ciaranred
Ranger In Training

well thats a shame but well look paramount decided that to save star trek they needed to start again and well look i loved the original universe bar Vovager with Janeway and her speech for ever bloody thing, but well we have to accept that it is gone and well we have to settle for this new universe and accept it unless you read the pocket books which have taken the star trek universe in a fairly freaky direction.
Post New ThreadReply