Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/07/16, 03:34 PM   #21
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Alpha was not Zordon's friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tiger Fan View Post
I would take Amit's word of god over any writer. Amit is the best writer we ever had. Its a shame he didn't get to stick around longer. I can't believe Saban Brands didn't do anything with his excellent pitch for Samurai
I wouldn't. Yes Amit is a good writer (not a great writer since he has no concept of writing within a budget) but he doesn't work for the show anymore so he can say whatever he wants to it doesn't make it true.
We don't know what happened that lead to him leaving but I'm not surprise they didn't like the Samurai pitch since that would have required a lot of original footage which they weren't willing to pay for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
I like Amit too. But lets not act like there weren't other great writers. Judd Lynn, Doug Sloan, and Jackie Marachand come to mind. They have a say in all this too. Word of God is nice to know. But it can always be contradicted if the show makes it clear. Or a current writers changes it with there own word.
exactly. Eddie had written RPM to be in an alternate dimension and the Neo-Saban team decided to respect that but they had no reason to since Eddie was no longer working for them so they could have done anything that they had wanted to do with it. It's the same situation with whatever Amit had claimed - it doesn't matter what he said if it's not said in the episode. Sure he can say all he wants that for example Jason got his Power Coin from the comic book Dark Ranger but it wasn't said in the episode so anyone that Saban Brands hires to be a writer for the series can contradict something like that with Chip's approval.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply