Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/15/15, 11:39 AM   #1
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Ninja Storm

What do you guys think?

Me I liked it a lot.

I liked all the characters especially Cam.

I liked the stories with the Thunder Rangers, and Cam's quest to prove himself.

I also liked how it was a light hearted, and silly season after so many dark, and edgy ones.

What do you think?
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/15, 12:27 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Ninja Storm

At first I hated it. But it was more due to the shock of the production changes and the tone change. But I ended up really liking it when I watched it again. I think it really did a good job of trying to be what MMPR was to the ninties but to the 2000s. They adapted the sentai but did a lot of their own stories too. The characters were very strong and fun. Lothor is underrated sometimes. Doug and Ann knew what they were doing.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/15, 12:31 PM   #3
Kelly Power
Comic Relief

I loved Ninja Storm. Cam was a cool and made for a good Sixth Ranger. The Rangers all had fun hobbies. Dustin was funny and it was cool to have a male Yellow Ranger. They did a good job mixing humor into the show. But Lothor still came off as a threat in the end.
Kelly Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/15, 12:36 PM   #4
Dayu's Tears
Comic Relief

From a villain standpoint, I thought Deviot was more fun. He was so sinister and caniving. But I agree that Villamax was a well written character. The scenes with the flower is great. I agree with that Villamax and Deviot also played off each other well.
Dayu's Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/15, 01:02 PM   #5
Disney Ranger
Power Ranger

Ninja Storm is the season that got me into Power Rangers again. I fell out after MMPR. But NS really energized me as a fan. It really felt like a fresh take on MMPR. But it was original enough that it didn't feel like it was fake. The show had an energy to it that several seasons before it didn't.

The Disney seasons were just such an awesome run. They did such a good jib with the franchise. I only had a problem with the first half of RPM, but that got fixed. The Neo Saban Era hasn't really interested me. But I guess I should give DC a chance. Since I hear good things about it.
Disney Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/15, 01:06 PM   #6
Decepticon
Ranger In Training

The second half was good. The first half got off to a rough start with the bad adr and jokes that seemed out of place. Lothor was too much of a goof. But thankfulky they improved on those faults for the second half and ended up with a decent season. DinoThunder was a much better season though. This is where Doug and Anne really hit their stride. Its a shame they left the show and couldn't continue on.
Decepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/15, 02:00 PM   #7
Karone White Tiger
Putty Patroller

I personally hated the season especially the lame villains. Vexacus was so annoying with trying to be a traitor.

Tori was the only good thing about the season.
Karone White Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/15, 02:13 PM   #8
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

The whole thing was bogged down by the hurricanranger stuff. It would have worked better if the Rangers were just normal teens. They didn't have to be Ninjas. They tried to be original but defeated themselves with the Sentai stuff. They got it right with DT though.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/15, 04:08 PM   #9
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

Ninja Storm is one of those seasons that has a lot of 'what?'. The Dude-bro vibe made sense due to the EXTREME SPORTSSSS the characters did, but sometimes it kinda got layered a bit thick.

My main gripe with the season as a whole is all the multi parter episodes they did I think they had more multi parters then MMPR Season 2, and they had a TON of em! Also, I wasn't overly fond of Lothor, but in the end he pulled a massive 'crouching moron, hidden badass'.
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/15, 04:45 PM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator

The part with the Thunders realizing Lothor was bad only to come back and be put under Lothor's spell was a bit much.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply