Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/11/11, 11:06 PM   #11
ChronoDefender2
Ranger In Training

Default Red Powers

I've always assumed that the Z-Wave (Zordon's energy/life force) that was released when Andros killed him was so powerful that it not only turned evil good, but fully restored any and all powers that have been. Keep this in mind; When Zordon was alive he was able to temporarily restore Tommy's powers and that was using only a fraction of his life force. If the Z-Wave was powerful enough to turn all evil good within the majority of galaxies, then I think it was also able to restore all powers. This would explain why TJ was back too (because there's no mention of him getting powers back the way Justin did). So in theory, all powers are restored and could potentially goto anyone new. I remain confident that it was the Z-Wave; certain powers were lost for some time (Dino, Ninjetti, Turbo) some not used for some time (Zeo), but the items that HARNESSED the power still remained, they just were drained of energy (ie, the power coins still existed but couldn't do much, such as Tommy's Green coin given to Jason and Adam's original morpher). The one thing I don't understand is why Cole was saying Tommy is the greatest ranger. . .we all somewhat agree, BUT Tommy didn't do anything out of the ordinary in FR, if anything Cole did the most by destroying Serpentara; it definately should have been a 2-parter. Oh, and nice to see everyone again, I hope people will finally start posting again.
ChronoDefender2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/11, 11:07 PM   #12
Unregistered3
Shadow Ranger

Question 4 U. Why was Rocky part of the Group of Red Rangers, if the power was transfered to him through that sword that the Rangers retrieved. It was great to see the Astro Megaship again. Was there an Alpha on board, or did alpha 6 stay on Mirinoi with the Galaxy Rangers?
Old 01/11/11, 11:07 PM   #13
CobraMorph20
Shadow Ranger

The powers could have been rebuilt. Turbo, LR, NS & some day TF all had powers that were built.
Old 01/11/11, 11:07 PM   #14
psychic ranger
Power Ranger

I think something restored the rangers powers that was destroyed or zordans energy did restore it there wasn't anyone there who could restore the powers but onllyJasons and Tjs powers were destroyed of the group othrs gave up their powers Jason power destroyed when the thundermegazord was destroyed Tommy power switched when got turbo power TJ lost power when command center was destroyed Andros never lost his power unless he put it back on the original astro megaship and then it got the destroyed when the ship got destroyed Leo gave power when he put the saber back in the stone Carter gave up his power when he gave his morpher back to Bill Mitchell Eric and Wes kept their morphers so they still had their powers so somebody gave Tommy his Zeo powers back and restored Jason's and TJ's powers Rocky wasn't part of the group
psychic ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/14, 02:51 PM   #15
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Forever Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphinTime View Post
For those of you who asked "how did Jason morph?", i have two possibilities:

1. When the red powers were transfered to Rocky, he was still in his suit, with morpher and coin. The powers were transfered to Rocky's suit and coin, but when that coin was destroyed, the powers went back to jason's coin, meaning that Zach and Trini have their powers too (even though Trini is dead in real life)
Theory 1 wouldn't make a whole lot of sense though since it was a power transfer and we've seen with the first loss of Tommy's Green Ranger powers that it can take time for them to demorph out of the suit even after losing the powers. The second time the lost of his powers for good didn't happen onscreen but off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaos View Post
A problem with theory 1, good ad it is. When Jason, Zach and Trini left the Command Center, they said Power Up, and a flash of light from where there coins were flashed and remained behind. I guess this was the last of their powers leaving them to go back to the Morphin Grid and back to the new rangers. And did anyone else notice the scale of the all new Serphanterra. Cool as the digital effects were, it was too small!!
I agree that when Zack, Trini and Jason were leaving that it was the last of their powers leaving them.

Yes I wasn't happy at all with the whole look of Serpentera, the CGI of it was just plain terrible and it wasn't up to the proper scale of how it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphinTime View Post
Yah, but like I said, if he still had the coin when he left, even if it was powerless, it may have been reactivated when the other was destroyed. As for serpentera, it was way to small, that thing stood on Tor like it was a can of beans to us.
I don't agree Jason had a Power Coin while Rocky had his. I agree with Serpentera being too small, Tor was like an ant to it back in Season 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered3 View Post
Did anyone notice that Jason and Tommy gained someweight? Even Andros is a little bigger than he used to be.
I didn't notice it with Tommy but I did with Jason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZSpock View Post
should Jason have been so cocky to Cole when they were fighting the remnant of the machine empire?
No, he shouldn't have been.

Quote:
They probably reforeged the coin. They've had seven seasons to do so.
That's another explanation, that someone probably either reforged the Coin, fixed up the original one or just forged a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoDefender View Post
I've always assumed that the Z-Wave that was released when Andros killed him was so powerful that it not only turned evil good, but fully restored any and all powers. Keep this in mind; When Zordon was alive he was able to temporarily restore Tommy's powers and that was using only a fraction of his life force. If the Z-Wave was powerful enough to turn all evil good within the majority of galaxies, then I think it was also able to restore all powers. This would explain why TJ was back too (because there's no mention of him getting powers back the way Justin did). So in theory, all powers are restored and could potentially goto anyone new. I remain confident that it was the Z-Wave; certain powers were lost for some time (Dino, Ninjetti, Turbo) some not used for some time (Zeo), but the items that HARNESSED the power still remained, they just were drained of energy (ie, the power coins still existed but couldn't do much, such as Tommy's Green coin given to Jason and Adam's original morpher). The one thing I don't understand is why Cole was saying Tommy is the greatest ranger. . .we all somewhat agree, BUT Tommy didn't do anything out of the ordinary in FR, if anything Cole did the most by destroying Serpentara; it definately should have been a 2-parter.
I agree with the Z-Wave restoring the powers. However in the case of the Dino and Ninja powers, only the Dino Coins were still around as we saw with Adam, they were just damaged. The Ninja Coins however were indeed destroyed.

I agree with your statement regarding Cole saying Tommy is the greatest. While I agree with it... to a point, he didn't do anything to prove such a thing in that episode.

And yes... it should have been 2 parts.

Quote:
Question 4 U. Why was Rocky part of the Group of Red Rangers, if the power was transfered to him through that sword that the Rangers retrieved. It was great to see the Astro Megaship again. Was there an Alpha on board, or did alpha 6 stay on Mirinoi with the Galaxy Rangers?
I believe you meant to ask why wasn't Rocky part of the group? He didn't have any powers to use. Yes you could have went with using him as the Red Mighty Morphin Power Ranger but that suit and Jason's suit are identical. I'm sure using the Ninja Ranger Power suit probably wasn't an option since it wasn't a 'Power Ranger' suit.

Yes there was an Alpha on board of the Astro Megaship Mark II but it was Alpha 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMorph20 View Post
The powers could have been rebuilt. Turbo, LR, NS & some day TF all had powers that were built.
Yes that they could have. Dino Coins were forged. Zordon and Alpha somehow created the White Ranger.
Zeo Crystal is still out there, same with the rest of the powers for the most part.
Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder were both drained but that's an easy fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychic ranger View Post
I think something restored the rangers powers that was destroyed or zordans energy did restore it there wasn't anyone there who could restore the powers but onllyJasons and Tjs powers were destroyed of the group othrs gave up their powers Jason power destroyed when the thundermegazord was destroyed Tommy power switched when got turbo power TJ lost power when command center was destroyed Andros never lost his power unless he put it back on the original astro megaship and then it got the destroyed when the ship got destroyed Leo gave power when he put the saber back in the stone Carter gave up his power when he gave his morpher back to Bill Mitchell Eric and Wes kept their morphers so they still had their powers so somebody gave Tommy his Zeo powers back and restored Jason's and TJ's powers Rocky wasn't part of the group
I don't believe T.J's power was destroyed. If you watch the episode again, you will see that they're still morphed for quite a long time even after the Power Chamber's explosion. They only lose the morph a few seconds after the Cimmerian Planet notifies Divatox that Dark Specter has captured Zordon which I believe is proof that Justin was right in explaining that Eltar was the source of their powers. Once Eltar fell, their powers were lost until the connection could be reactivated.

Also in regards to Jason's power. I don't believe his powers were truly destroyed as a result of the Thunderzords blowing up in the battle against Rito, I think it was just a case of the Coins and Morphers being too damaged to repair at the time since Zordon didn't have the proper technology available to do so due to the damage that the Command Center took.

In the case of others giving up their powers, that's not entirely true for every team.

Space = They still have their powers.
Galaxy = They do not have their powers but they can always get them back. Mike no longer has his powers but he can apparently get them back.

Lightspeed = They still have their powers.
Time Force = They still have their powers.
Wild Force = No longer have their powers but they can always get them back.
Ninja Storm = Powers were drained but powers can be restored.
Dino Thunder = Same as Ninja Storm.
S.P.D. = They still have their powers... except for Kat Ranger.
Mystic Force = They still have their powers.
Overdrive = They gave their powers back but they can always get them back from Andrew Hartford.
Jungle Fury = They still have their powers.
RPM = They gave their powers back but they can always get them back.
Samurai = They still have their powers.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply