Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/02/21, 05:12 PM   #11
Hasbro Ranger
Comic Relief

Default Re: What if Hasbro gets someone else to produce toku footage?

I think Hasbro will just shoot all the action scenes in New Zealand.
Hasbro Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/02/21, 05:13 PM   #12
Spike Hart
Ranger In Training

I wonder if its more doable because of CGI? They could probably spend what PR used rwo slend in Velancia and produce their own show. Since New Zealand is cheaper.
Spike Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/02/21, 05:15 PM   #13
Goldar Supreme
Putty Patroller

I just don't see them producing the show totally on there own. Not the current series anyway. Its just way too expensive, even with fioming in New England.
Goldar Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/21, 09:23 AM   #14
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratty Katty View Post
Too expensive, its not happening.
hard to say, I mean besides Giant battles, they've barely used the footage in Beast Morphers and Dino Fury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
Super Sentai is one of the elements that kept Power Rangers going for all these years. While it was viable for both Disney and Saban to make original footage in the franchise's first 2 eras, it certainly became harder and less viable to make huge amounts of original footage in the recent 2 eras of the show due to many reasons that got in the way of the show's production's creativity. It got to the point that Saban sold the entire franchise to Hasbro and now, they must somehow get their money back that they used to buy Power Rangers. They know that adapting Super Sentai isn't going to get them there. So changes need to be made. Franchise needs to be expanded. Otherwise, it's just going to end up giving everyone more of the same every year. And tha'ts something Hasbro DOES NOT want to happen since if they keep it the same way and in the same shape and form, they will not be getting their little financial injection back. Which is exactly what they're after.
That's all very true but it's not just the footage that's the issue but it's also the crew itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
A Sentai-less live-action series, an animated series, a kids live-action show... Hasbro WILL DO anything to make Power Rangers into a mainstream product they want and into a mainstream product its target audiences want. Plain and simple. And if that means breaking up with Toei, than so be it.

Besides, it's time for something to be done with Power Rangers. Something needs changing amd that's not like just changing dipers. The game has now gotten to be much, much bigger and it requires a much, much bigger player.
I'd hate to see the end of adaptations though that said they definitely do need to do something to add more fire to the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ranger View Post
They should team up with Disney to produce more Power Rangers.
That's not happening, Disney wanted nothing to do with the show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar Supreme View Post
I just don't see them producing the show totally on there own. Not the current series anyway. Its just way too expensive, even with fioming in New England.
Hasbro has the money to afford doing such a thing. Look at how much money they spent on Beast Morphers, none of the suits were usable so they had to pay to recreate the suits.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/20/21, 01:49 PM   #15
PRangerX
Administrator

From what I have seens from Illuminatti ( A YouTuber and insider on PR and a lot of other shows) it sounds like this is all the product of low ratings that basically have made it unwise to keep doing the show as is. Really were lucky the show has continued this long without a serious change. Especially once Disney did actually cancel PR. Saban just cared about the brand and thpught it still has potential. Hasbro does to but they feel that it has to be done a different way.

I will miss having Sentai adaptions though. its not all the show's fault. Since in a lot of ways Nick doesn't promote them as much as their homegrown shows.

It feels like we will deffinitly get an animated series of some sort for kids. And some attempt for a live action show on streaming. Also a new movie franchise of course.

The only thing that makes me nervous is how many times were here stuff like this from major brands with all the same corporate speak..And it all falls through. Its hard to really say what everything will look like. I do think they will keep trying with the brand. They invested too much and their is value there. Power Rangers is still a powerful toy line. I do think we will see a lot of differenr cartoons...Like Hasbro has done with Transformers..
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply