Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/01/21, 12:54 PM   #11
JungleFury Cat
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Should Power Rangers have comedy characters?

wow, and Ninja Storm is one of my favorite seasons. Seeing repeat material can be bad. Maybe I like Ninja Storm more because I didn't see Friends. Among other things, I especially liked episode 21 involving a unique scenario surrounding Marah and Kapri about the PAM.

I do agree with you that Ben and Betty were a step up. I don't dislike Victor and Monty, just what happened to them which I agree was horrible to watch sometimes. Combined together, I think I've had too much of craziness (so crazy that it takes me out of the show and I don't find it funny), but maybe Dino Fury is a nice change of pace. It seems to be, but caused me a little concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
Devin's and Cassidy's characters worked for the show because of the same reason.
Boom worked because... it's Boom.
Mick was a step in the right direction in Dino Fury.
I didn't have a problem with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
The show needs comedic characters that actually work for the show by having their own story archs and growth.
Yeah, that would be good.
JungleFury Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/21, 09:33 PM   #12
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Doug also listened to fan criticism and focus groups with the target demo...Making an effort to make Lothor seem more menacing in the last several episodes.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/21, 09:37 PM   #13
PRangerX
Administrator

I feel the NS villains improved greatly once they added Motordrone and Vexacus midseason.

I will say this about Lothor. He is much better then a lot of the villains we have gotten in recent seasons. They all just feel so generic . A harder edged Lothor type villain woukd be a step up.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/21, 09:45 AM   #14
MattEmily
Administrator

I think comedy characters are fine if done right. Bulk and Skull perfect. Cassidy and Devin were both good. Kapri and Marah sadly initially were not good because there was too much comedy between them and other villains. Boom did awesome. Phineas did awesome and he wasn't even always supposed to be funny. Same with Spencer.
Nothing against the actors but Victor and Monty were beyond awful.
Ben and Betty was definitely a step in the right direction but Jane and J-Borg are just bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
I feel the NS villains improved greatly once they added Motordrone and Vexacus midseason.

I will say this about Lothor. He is much better then a lot of the villains we have gotten in recent seasons. They all just feel so generic . A harder edged Lothor type villain woukd be a step up.
I agree with you that they improved once Motodrone and Vexacus came around.
That said I wouldn't say they're all generic.

Mesogog just wanted to revert the world to the dino era, he wasn't interested in anything else whereas all Zeltrax wanted was revenge

Gruumm just wanted to get revenge on Cruger but also take over the universe

The Master I believe he just wanted to take over the world however he was sealed away for most of the season

Overdrive, Jungle Fury and RPM villains just wanted to rule

Master Xandred was just a master of doing nothing however he pretty much just wanted to flood the world.

Megaforce - usual take over the world.
Sledge only cared about the Energems
Galvanax only cared about the Stars really. Odius was more interested in power
Evox just wanted the grid
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/20/21, 01:37 PM   #15
PRangerX
Administrator

Mesogog definitely wasn't generic and is actually among the best villains in the series. Gruumm was good even if they didn't use his full potential. Dai Shi/Jarood was pretty good. I think its more the Neo Saban seasons. We haven't had enough Hasbro yet. I would say Dino Fury feels generic villian wise so far. Beast Morphers has better villians then Neo Saban.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply