Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/16/18, 08:59 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Hasbro Potential Power Rangers Owner

http://newsroom.hasbro.com/news-rele...-power-rangers

The official press release announcing Hasbro taking ovsr Power Rangsra Toyline has an interesting paragrah..

"The first set of products from Hasbro will be available in spring 2019. Both Hasbro and Saban Brands are dedicated to continue growing this iconic brand. In recognition of this investment, during a period of time after Hasbro becomes the master toy licensee, the arrangement between the parties provides Saban Brands and Hasbro with the opportunity to initiate Hasbro’s purchase of the Power Rangers property. "

So it appears there is a very real possibility that Hasbro could eventually purchase Power Rangers outright.

Suffice it to say, that would be an equally huge story. And would make sense in a lot of areas since the Power Rangers ip would be very valuable to Hasbro. And would align with their core business.

Its also likely Power Rangers will get sold again down the line. Since Haim Saban isn't getting any younger and it stands to reason he will sell when its time to retire. Hasbro would be the perfect suitor to sell to and ensure that the brand has even more longevity.

What an Hasbro owned Power Rangers would be like isn't totally clear. But they would certainly want to keep the brand going strong.

But it sounds like this type of sale is still several years away. And who knows if Hasbro will actually end up buying the brand. But it's certainly an interesting story to follow.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/18, 09:03 PM   #2
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Default Re: Hasbro Potential Power Rangers Owner

Power Rangers would be very valuable to Hasbro. And already will be as a toy brand. They would no doubt see the brand fitting well with Transformers and their other ips. Any toy company would love to own a powerful toy seller like Power Rangers. Hasbro also has the resources to keep Power Rangers going. And will to keep selling the toys.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/18, 09:05 PM   #3
Hasbro Ranger
Comic Relief

Wow this news just keeps getting better. I remember suggesting this here a few years ago. With Hasbro producing the toys and now the possibility of them buying PR outright someday....I just might end up being right. Hasbro would make great owners for the brand. Saban would be smart to sell to them down the line.
Hasbro Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/18, 09:07 PM   #4
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

New owners would make me nervous. But as long as the series was well taken care of, it would all be fine.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/18, 09:10 PM   #5
Saban Fan
Ranger In Training

I would hate to see Saban sell Power Rangers again. I just can't imagine the brand without him running the series. We already saw how bad things got with Disney in charge. No one can write for the series like Saban.
Saban Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/18, 09:12 PM   #6
Sailor Saban
Comic Relief

Don't worry, I am sure its just a precaution for both parties. Saban will control Power Rangers as long as he can. Its the most important part or his carreer. He won't want someone else producing the series. He already had to watch Disney. It must have been so hard for Saban to let other people produce his show.
Sailor Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/18, 09:18 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saban Fan View Post
I would hate to see Saban sell Power Rangers again. I just can't imagine the brand without him running the series. We already saw how bad things got with Disney in charge. No one can write for the series like Saban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Saban View Post
Don't worry, I am sure its just a precaution for both parties. Saban will control Power Rangers as long as he can. Its the most important part or his carreer. He won't want someone else producing the series. He already had to watch Disney. It must have been so hard for Saban to let other people produce his show.
don't forget he's getting pretty up there in age since he's 73 granted if he were to die or would be close to dying it doesn't mean his company would be selling the show since it would depend on his will and also who his Saban Brands heir is.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/18, 09:25 PM   #8
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
don't forget he's getting pretty up there in age since he's 73 granted if he were to die or would be close to dying it doesn't matter his company would be selling the show since it would depend on his will and also who his Saban Brands heir is.
Yes, a lot of creators don't want to burden their families with estate sale tax or to have to figure out what to do with their companies. Its probably part of why Goerge Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney. So Saban making plans to sell the brand down the line would be be a surprise.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/18, 09:13 PM   #9
Disney Ranger
Power Ranger

This is getting even more distressing for me. Its making it a lot harder for Disney to buy back Power Rangers. Which I have been waiting for.
Disney Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/18, 09:16 PM   #10
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Disney isn't buying back the show. Hasbro has to be considered the favorite now, if Power Rangers is ever up for sale.

I would go into any sale with cautioun. The sale to Disney made the series horrible and the sell back to Saban didn't help. So who knows if it would change anything for the better. I'd much rather give Hasbro a chance than trust Disney.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply