Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/26/17, 11:43 AM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Abrakadanger Episode Discussion

Here's the discussion thread for this Saturday's new episode
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/17, 03:20 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Default Re: Abrakadanger Episode Discussion

'Abrakadanger' is a good episode. The Rangers get a magic book. They were told to study the spells in order. Preston learn the first one, but when he tried to use another spell, it backfire on them. Then, the rangers has to fight a magical alien and lost the first battle. After learning how to do all the spells, they has a rematch and they won this time. The alien grew into a giant and was destroyed. I can't wait for the next episode.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/17, 05:19 PM   #3
Xenotome
Putty Patroller

So, does it bother anyone else that the Rangers can't seem to have their own Megazords? Why do the Main 5 have to jump into Gold's Megazord everytime it's the only one on the field or the only one delivering a final shot? They do the same thing with Gold jumping into the main Megazord. It royally irks me and steals the thunder of whoever should be getting the final shot. I'd be OK with it they were actually allowing the people who had focus this episode be the one to deliver the final blow, but it's always just Red and Brody didn't do shit this episode...
Xenotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/17, 05:20 PM   #4
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321

Calling Preston "Pres" sounds like "Prez" and makes me think of the Prez comics.

An episode where Hayley carries the Victor/Monty story? This could cause the universe to implode.

Mick forcing Preston to pay attention was hilarious.

Remember when people were whining that they'd never bring up Preston's magic again? I just can't get over how angry people were in the beginning about this.

So Monty built a robot arm or it was available to purchase. I think we can just assume the PRU is a little more advanced than our world from now on. Hoverboards, robots, cyborg arms, no one blinks twice at these things in regular life, so this world has to be a little more advanced then we are. Not seeing others use them doesn't really interfere with that idea either, we just don't see others use basic things in general.

Did the sentai not use Gold that often? I do like the idea of needing to ride the zords back though. That's kind of an interesting visual.

She's not even on camera and still Hayley is carrying everyone else in this episode, save Mick. With his awesome mentoring again.

I like the way they have shared the focus this episode. It feels natural and like neither is getting the shaft of story and development as it progresses. Both help move their individual stories forward without losing any pacing or flow. It's very well done. Even with chunky school scenes and sentai footage that doesn't really support the stories, it still works.

It's kind of smart to use the overuse of red as the star footage as a weapon power up and just leave it at that. If there is one consistent weakness of this series, its that they're beholden to overusing red even in zord cockpit footage. They just don't seem to want to shoot anyone else using the chainsaw sword final attack. Red really sucks this series but everyone else is carrying him as really interesting characters and actors so far. Ideally they will fix this at some point, but interestingly enough Brody's gotten the least focus so far.

Is the implication supposed to be Victor cheated for all his trophies and didn't get caught before? Especially since he never wins when things are in a fair playing field?
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/17, 05:24 PM   #5
Digifiend
Power Ranger

The PRU has been technologically more advanced than the real world since Lost Galaxy. Terra Venture clearly used KO35 and/or Ranger technology.

Gold was used often in Ninninger. But this episode is adapted from his first appearance. He shows up, saves the day, who the hell was that?
Digifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/17, 05:27 PM   #6
MegaBlue
Putty Patroller

Overall, I thought it was a decent episode. Was this the one with Hayley in the strange outfit from those BTS photos we'd been seeing? I thought her outfit had the Galaxy Warriors insignia on it, so is there ANOTHER "Hayley in green" episode coming? Speaking of which, wasn't the initial tennis match called for Noon at, like, 9:00 in the morning? How could she have been training "for days for this" in three hours' time?

I did like Abrakadanger, but I didn't like the missed opportunity to allude his staff to Rita's wand. Little tie-ins like that would help to shape an anniversary season, after all.

Levi being blasted to North Carolina and having to drive across the country in a magical flying Zord and it STILL taking so long was a bit of a stretch. Just how slow do Levi's Zords go? They showed up in North Carolina, so they clearly can be summoned to show up anywhere with zero wait-time, so why did it take so long to get back?

Nitpicking little things like that, to me, means that the episode was good. The moral was even run through quite nicely. Preston tried to jump ahead in his magic and failed at it, but shouldn't "turning Hayley invisible by accident" have been the catalyst to take his time and learn magic the right way? It was almost like "Dark Wish" all over again, in that regard. Yes, it was a new spell book, but he WAS warned to take his time, and he chose to ignore the warning.

I didn't even mind Victor's magical arm, and I suspected that something was up when he was blasting the tennis balls across the court. I'm surprised that Victor wasn't a robot for the tennis match, truth be told.

Still, shouldn't we be building up to the finale right about now? There are two episodes left until the end (and the Christmas epilogue), and things seem like they're going to come to a sudden stop VERY quickly.
MegaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/17, 05:33 PM   #7
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

You would think they would be. But this is Saban Brands, so its par the course. I haven't even watched this weeks episode yet. Just not in the mood for more crap stories.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/17, 10:13 PM   #8
Smarty Pants Rose
Ranger In Training

It was a much better episode than last week.
Smarty Pants Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply