Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/19/18, 12:27 PM   #11
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Barillian Bug Episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green With Envy View Post
I think your thinking of another episode. Zhane's Destiny is the one where the KO35 Rebels mistake the former Turbos for evil spies. And it turns out the second in command is Darkconda in disguise. Zhane ends up joining the rebels.
Your right. I was thinking of the episode where Zhane is dealing with his power loss and all the Rangers think he is dying. Zhane ends up using a lighting strike to get his powers back and gets a list of chores when the others find out the truth.

But I also like the episode Zabitan mentioned. The actor who played the rebel leader had a great monologue. He has to be the best actor PR has ever had in a guest staring role. I suspect he had a background in theater. The drama with the rebels is also well done. Plus Darkconda is again showed as a cruel puppetmaster.

I can see with Zabitan thought of the episode. The coral plot is similar to the Barrllian Bug plot.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/18, 12:35 PM   #12
Boston Ranger Guy
Putty Patroller

I was glad when Zhane left for awhile. I never though Zhane was a good fit. He was just too comical to be a Sixth Ranger. And really started what has been a troubling trend of weak personality Sixth Rangers. With a few exceptions like Eric Meyers mixed in.

I'll admit his backstory was good. But after that his role in the series is just pointless. His brief flirtation with Astronema doesn't even go anywhere. We only get a comedic exchange between Zhane and Andrps about it later on.
Boston Ranger Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/18, 12:37 PM   #13
Green With Envy
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Ranger Guy View Post
I'll admit his backstory was good. But after that his role in the series is just pointless. His brief flirtation with Astronema doesn't even go anywhere. We only get a comedic exchange between Zhane and Andrps about it later on.
Not really a waste. Since it showed Astronema in a sympatheic lite for the first time. Which was important in her redemption arch later on.
Green With Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/18, 12:38 PM   #14
Astro Omega
Power Ranger

Wow, this thread is reminds me about all the great episodes we got in PRIS. Anyone that thinks Judd Lynn isn't a good writer should go back and watch some of the episodes discussed in this thread. This season featured some of his best stuff.
Astro Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/18, 12:42 PM   #15
Tzachor Era
Ranger In Training

I think it was more due to Tzachor finally running the show. After he cleaned up the mess left mid Turbo he was free to do his own thing with Space. I am sure Lynn learned a lot from Jonathon though.
Tzachor Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/18, 12:53 PM   #16
Galaxy Max
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzachor Era View Post
I think it was more due to Tzachor finally running the show. After he cleaned up the mess left mid Turbo he was free to do his own thing with Space. I am sure Lynn learned a lot from Jonathon though.
Don't be silly, Judd is the one that cleaned up Turbo...And gave us great seasons like Space, Galaxy, and the part of Time Force that Jonathon didn't mess up. Jonathon only knew to copy Sentai. These seasons were great because Judd took over the writing with Jackie and improved it dramatically. The only reason Judd isn't is good in the Neo Saban Era is due to Saban Brands wanting the show to be written for five year olds to the extreme. At least he doesn't copy Sentai like Jonathon.
Galaxy Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/18, 01:02 PM   #17
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Judd View Post
Don't be silly, Judd is the one that cleaned up Turbo...And gave us great seasons like Space, Galaxy, and the part of Time Force that Jonathon didn't mess up. Jonathon only knew to copy Sentai. These seasons were great because Judd took over the writing with Jackie and improved it dramatically. The only reason Judd isn't is good in the Neo Saban Era is due to Saban Brands wanting the show to be written for five year olds to the extreme. At least he doesn't copy Sentai like Jonathon.
To be fair Jonathon wanted to do a Space season like Judd. And agreed to do it, even though Megaranger turned out to be a video game Earth themed series. And the same thing happened with Galaxy. Only they had no Sentai Space Footage to work with.

Judd and Jackie are responsible for the stront writing! But Jonathon did contribute to both seasons in a big way. He really didn't get out of control until Time Force.

I agree that Tzachor Era does overestimate Jonathon. Lynn may have learned some things from Tzachor. But Tzachor probably learned from Lynn. They worked together for a long time. The idea Tzachor wrote the episodes and that Lynn just was his padwaon leaner is fantasy though.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/18, 07:26 PM   #18
Green With Envy
Power Ranger

Jonathon Tzachor did make plenty of contributions to Power Rangers! But his years of blindly following the Sentai is fair game for criticism.
Green With Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/18, 11:29 PM   #19
Sentai Mighty
Sentai Snob.

It was a terrible episode. Only the episode with Zhane and the power loss was respectful of Megaranger. Out of the three mentioned here. Making Series 6 a Space Season was also dumb.
Sentai Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/18, 11:56 PM   #20
PRangerX
Administrator

The episodes were good because they were original for the most part.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply