Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

View Poll Results: Power Rangers Online VBullitin
Sure, Vbullitin Rocks 6 75.00%
No, things are fine they way they are. 1 12.50%
I'd rather go to another type of forum 0 0%
Doesn't matter 0 0%
Not sure 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/17/02, 09:44 AM   #21
Cross My Line
Power Ranger

Default Re: fav moment

All american footage looks better than sentai footage. And I'm not just talking about visual quality. The fights and everything else are far better.
Cross My Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/02, 03:55 AM   #22
Windgrail2
Ranger In Training

Default Those moments in time...

The first that comes to mind besides the obvious choice of Zordon's death is when Kendrix "died" in the Power Of Pink. That episode had real emotion and showed true and honorable self-sacrifice. What an outstanding cliffhanger! Then Karone's return sweetly topped it all off.
-
-
Journey's End part 3- the battle between Leo and Trakeena. It displayed real relentlessness on both sides. When leo's helmet was shown cracked open, THAT was an amazing moment. Then when Trakeena's face vanished in the flames...sa-weeet!
-
-
When a lifeless Astronema is carried down by Andros down the walkway of the Dark Fortress. The way his tears symolized a true bonding love between a brother and sister. Before that, the momet when Astronema's deathblow to Andros was deflected bak at her.
-
-
When Villamax refused to fight Trakeena. When the flower he held from the little girl was crushed.
-
-
When Mike returned from being imprisoned from inside the Magna Defender
-
-
When Diabolico grows and blows a hole straight through the Supertrain Megazord. When Diabolico's own energy is absorbed by the Lightspeed Solarzord and darted back at him. Plus the cliffhanging birth of Olympius.
-
-
When Ryan Mitchel discovers that good is still in his heart and comes back to kick the crap out of the demon trio.
-
-
Green Ranger- need I say more?

I'll list some more later. Now to deal with Cross My Line. Man, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with ya if you don;t like Sentai footage. American footage is supreme now compared to the old days. Back in MMPR, the most effort put in american ranger action was the Rangers freaking out when Bulk and Skull were held hostage by giant Goldar in the bus. Face it, Sentai footage is why PR survived it's 1st season. The incredible action sequences, storylines and zord footage. And aren't those Sentai Zord images in your banner? Tsk, tsk, tsk...
Windgrail2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/02, 04:22 PM   #23
Cross My Line
Power Ranger

Default Re: Those moments in time...

the banners weren't done by me so hah! :b

True, MMPR season 1 wouldn't have gone on if it weren't for the sentai footage. But seasons 2 and 3, 3 especially was almost all American footage. (Aside from the zord battles), and that just showed me how lame sentai footage was. When they did their first american zord battle, having the Thunder Megazord square off against the Tiger Zord. That was phenomenal. It was the best zord battle I had ever seen, and the quailty was great. It was then topped by the Thunder Zords being destroyed. It was just amazing.

American footage always has more to do with whats happening in the episode, and is far better quailty. When zeo started and they reverted back to using a shed load of sentai, it almost made me completely hate the series. The footage just sucked so much.

Why do you think I'm such a big fan of T: APRM?

So whilst, your season 1 point is valid, I'm sure if they redid it now, using as much American footage as they did in season 3, it would kick the pants off what season 1 was.

And don't tell me that whenever in an episode during PRiS, they started to use sentai footage, that you weren't disappointed. Why? Because it had rarely anything to do with stroylines. If it didn't make everything look so disjointed, I may not have as big a problem with it.

But the fact is, in my opinion, sentai footage sucks. All there is to it.
Old 03/20/02, 08:44 PM   #24
Homer56712
Power Ranger

I'd have to say the most memorable Power Rangers moment was in "The End of Time Part 3" when the 4 Time Force Rangers had to go back to the year 3000

Homer56712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/02, 01:52 AM   #25
Jataaka
Shadow Ranger

In my opinion, I dont think we will evert get to feal the way we did when we say one of the original power rangers leave or when Zordon died.... do you know why! Because cheap ass Saban has to make a practicaly new series with a whole new cast, theme, zords, guide, and everything each year. Now Saban is relying on sentai footage WAY MORE than EVER! I wouldnt be surprised if he just didn't start dubing over the original japanese crap. (ok maby that will never happen) I just wish the time force cast could have lasted alot longer. We will not get to know a character like we did with Jason, Billy, Tommy, or kimberly and get used to them. To tell the truth I cant tell you anything that happend in LPR, IS, or LG cause theyre all a blur!
Old 03/21/02, 07:22 PM   #26
Homer56712
Power Ranger

The only series of Power Rangers that was a blur was Lightspeed Rescue!! It sucked big time!!

Homer56712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/02, 08:00 PM   #27
MiChaos
Power Ranger

The second US Zord battle was in Friend in Need against Repelator (a repainted version of Silverhorns). I remember that because the Zords finished up with the monster exploding behind them and the smoke almost obscuring the Zords. That with Rita and Zedd growing and attacking Angel Grove are examples why the US Zord footage way beats the Sentai.

Zedd teleporting into the Command Centre in Changing of the Zords is another memorial moment.
MiChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/02, 11:33 PM   #28
Cross My Line
Power Ranger

I still think Changing of the Zords is the bench mark for all PR episodes to beat. And not one has even to this day.

And when you think about how long ago it was when those eps originally aired, and that it hasn't been bettered, its kinda sad really.
Old 03/22/02, 02:12 AM   #29
Windgrail2
Ranger In Training

Again with the Lightspeed bashing? Come on! The way I see Lightspeed is the same as Sentai footage: they're both prime examples of how Power Rangers can exceed its own boundaries by trying something different. Variety and diversity is a key component to the survival of Rangers. I'll be the first to admit that sentai footage can be corny, hokey, twangy, and too far out there and doesn't fit in with the American storyline at times. Don't get me started on examples. BUT it does provide PR with some of the most devastating battles and expert precision that I've ever seen in a kids show(and some adult ones at that). Special effects are another key. Sentai knows how to capture our eyes and imagination time and time again. Storylines- more than half of PR's stories come from Sentai including the Psycho Ranger era, Quasar Sabers, Time Officers and MANY more.
Ok, let's eliminate Sentai all together. American stories and action sequences have evolved far enough to survive on it's own. But Sentai gives a different feel to the PR flow. In plain english- it provides further diversity to this phenomenom called Power Rangers. Same goes for Lightspeed Rescue- it gave us a different camera angle of the PR universe.
Windgrail2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/22/02, 07:33 PM   #30
Cross My Line
Power Ranger

Time Force officers? Quasar Sabres? Oh yeh, they come from the new @#%$ era of Power Rangers.
Post New ThreadReply