Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/05/05, 03:16 PM   #21
Midori Kou
Shadow Ranger

Default Re: SPD Thoughts

I think SPD is gonna be bad. Since the last MMPR Production series, the chosen cast doesn't seem to click and connect. They tend to stay flat and never grow up. With this cast, I'm just not feeling anything. Also, with the scripted age for each character, the cast just doesn't look like it. Plus, by adding "special genetic abilities" to each character, at this point, Power Rangers just doesn't feel like Power Rangers anymore. They maybe be trying to connect the timeline with Time Force, but still, it seems too immediate to occur.

I forgot to mentioned, why does a villian need to rely on a little girl to draw some monsters? It sounds really corny. It's like Ernie's Pachinko machine going berserk. Talk about lack of creativity. Couldn't they thought up something better? =\

A little side thing. Couldn't they name the Swan counterpart another name than Kat? I'm just expecting Catherine Sutherland to return because of the name usage. Would be cool, but according to the character profile, it's a definite "no".

Can't you see I'm a Tamer?! Now stop bothering me!
Old 02/05/05, 03:16 PM   #22
PRangerX
Administrator

Personally, I liked the characters from PRIS-WF. No disrespect to NS or DT. Like I have been saying, I think we have to give SPD a chance. I mean it hasn't even aired yet. Its impossible to see how good it is until we watch it for ourselves. I don't expect SPD to be like any PR series or have anything to do with TF. I think it will be a self contained series. And if it is bad we have a new pr series to look forward to the next here, at least presumably.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/05, 03:16 PM   #23
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Personally, I liked the characters from PRIS-WF.
They are the only characters I liked.

Quote:
No disrespect to NS or DT.
And I mean disrespect.

Quote:
Like I have been saying, I think we have to give SPD a chance.
Same company that did NS & DT is doing SPD. That is about as much of a chance I am willing to give that shotty company. I gave them two seasons to produce worth while tv they came out with 1 episode. I am not even giving SPD 1 episode to prove me wrong, that is how little faith I have in that shotty company.

Quote:
I mean it hasn't even aired yet.
But the history of the company tells us what to expect. Past actions are indicative of future actions.

Quote:
Its impossible to see how good it is until we watch it for ourselves.
It's not impossible.

Quote:
I don't expect SPD to be like any PR series or have anything to do with TF. Nothing is going to change I think it will be a self contained series.
Every season is past Space/LG.

Quote:
And if it is bad we have a new pr series to look forward to the next here, at least presumably.
If it is bad that is 3 seasons in a row they screwed up on and they prove they are incapable of producing good television. Thus the season after SPD isn't going to be any good.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/05, 03:16 PM   #24
PRangerX
Administrator

Actually Primal, SPD has new showrunners. So that a lone can change the direction of the show. If you really want to know the direction SPD is taken I would got to the toonzone thread
I posted and read the spd reviews. But even than I think we all have to watch for outselves to enjoy.
Old 02/05/05, 03:16 PM   #25
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Actually Primal, SPD has new showrunners.
True, but they work for the same company as the last one. And in NS & DT it was much more than bad talent running the show that ruined them for me.

Quote:
So that a lone can change the direction of the show.
Creatively and somewhat visually but 99% of the visual is out of the showrunners hands.

Quote:
If you really want to know the direction SPD is taken I would got to the toonzone thread
I posted and read the spd reviews.
I don't care for reviews. I have seen glowing reviews for stuff and the stuff that was so wonderful was purile crap. Look at DT & NS it is raved by the reviewers but it doesn't deserve it. Reviews are meaningless.

Quote:
But even than I think we all have to watch for outselves to enjoy.
Of course you have to watch it yourself to enjoy can't enjoy a tv show any other way.
Old 02/05/05, 03:16 PM   #26
PRangerX
Administrator

True the production is also heavily infulenced by others. But the showrunners of a show are basically the bosses of the production staff. Sure they have bosses themselves. But the point is their are one of the driven forces behind a show.
Old 02/05/05, 03:16 PM   #27
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

and they have bosses who they have to cater too. besides somethings are out of their control and those things are the biggest problems i had with NS & DT.
Old 02/05/05, 03:16 PM   #28
Delta Red
FORUM RIDE: Moderate

Send a message via ICQ to Delta Red Send a message via AIM to Delta Red Send a message via MSN to Delta Red Send a message via Yahoo to Delta Red

And so, Cheetamus bitches just to bitch, because all he does around here is bitch and moan, and say everything is crap. Dear god, is there anything you WON'T start a fight over?

This month's spotlight:
Power Rangers: The Lost Galaxy.
Delta Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/05, 03:16 PM   #29
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

As long as there are people who disagree or just downright stupid I will.

Anyways shut your pie hole fag.
Old 02/05/05, 03:16 PM   #30
Delta Red
FORUM RIDE: Moderate

Send a message via ICQ to Delta Red Send a message via AIM to Delta Red Send a message via MSN to Delta Red Send a message via Yahoo to Delta Red

I'm a cigerette, then? Hard to "shut my pie hole" when, according to you, I am an inanimate object, and thus have no "pie hole" to shut.

Here's a tip. People generally don't like trolls, which seems to be exactly what you are these days, unless you can provide proof where, recently, bitching and attempting to start fights wasn't the only thing you did.

This month's spotlight:
Power Rangers: Dino Roar.
Delta Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply