Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/07/11, 03:34 AM   #1
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Battle Grid Mode

So I've been thinking a lot about stuff relating to Battle Grid mode on the show.

Call me crazy but I actually liked it, in fact I kinda wish they did more with it since it pretty much gave a way for the troopers to still be in VR Trooper mode in an episode even when they didn't transform into the full armor.

Another thing I wonder is how come you never saw only two troopers in battle grid mode since they were episodes were all three troopers transformed into battle grid mode, and episodes where only one of them transformed into battle grid mode but never any episodes with only two troopers.

That, and I wish they explained certain aspects of it like JB, and Kaitlin being able to transform into battle grid mode despite not having their virtualizers in "A Dirty Trick", or all of them being in battle grid mode in Knighttime's universe in "Dream Battle".

I also wish we got to see them in Battle Grid Mode in a multi parter.

Another thing I heard there was this live stunt show for VR Troopers where they were in the Battle Grid suits, is that true? Also I once saw this comic when I was a kid, and all I remember about it is that I saw a drawing of the troopers in Battle Grid mode, now I don't have that comic, and I've read those Marvel flip books with MMPR, and I haven't been able to find it.

So what I'm saying is if anyone has any screen caps or anything if they could show me.

Last edited by Zabitan; 01/08/11 at 11:53 PM.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/11, 05:41 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Humm.....I've never heard of a live action VR Troopers show. That would be interesting if there was one. Not sure about a comic with the battle grid mode. I read the flip books like you did. But that was a long time ago.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/11, 05:50 PM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

http://www.artist-bros.org/dlombard/pr/ush/

This is where I first heard about it but I've never seen any pictures of it, and I never went to it.

Also the reason I wanted to see the comic is because I wanted to make some some VR Troopers fanart of the Troopers in Battle Grid Mode, as well a fan made Battle Grid suit for Ryan based on the Shaider armor, and a fan made Battle Grid suit for Amy that looks like Kaitlin's only purple instead of red.

And that was the only time I've seen a drawing of the Battle Grid suits, and I wanted a point of reference for how the Battle Grid suits should look in drawing form.

Another thing, and this may sound weird but was I the only one who thought it was weird Kaitlin's Battle Grid suit looked like she was wearing a one piece swimsuit.

I mean I get it was a way to tell she was a girl, and Toei did it in the 80s with sentai uniforms but I just thought it was interesting.
Old 04/04/11, 01:02 AM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

Default What was the Battle Grid?

The Battle Grid is never quite explained about VR Troopers. We usually just have Professor Hart randomly send the Troopers to battle Skugs there. Is it an area in between virtual reality? What is the importance of it? Why do the Troopers have to defend it? What is the origin of their battle grid suits? None of this is ever clearly explained.
Old 04/04/11, 01:11 AM   #5
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: What was the Battle Grid?

Well in the first episode the recording by Ryan's father explained that it was an outpost next to a virtual black hole.

But everything else yeah I don't know.

EDIT: your thread was supposed to be on top. I still haven't figured out the merge function.
Old 04/04/11, 09:38 AM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

Thats ok, you're thread was first anyway.
Old 04/04/11, 09:28 PM   #7
Zabitan
Administrator

Well in any case yeah I wish they did explain it in an episode. Maybe they were planning to, and just never got around to it.

I did have a fan theory that the box of Isis was a piece of Eltarian technology, and the Battle Grid suits were based on Ranger suit schematics found in the box of Isis.

But that's all I could think, I don't know what say if VR Troopers isn't in the PR universe.
Old 04/08/11, 07:07 PM   #8
Digifiend
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
EDIT: your thread was supposed to be on top. I still haven't figured out the merge function.
The merge function will always put the older posts at the top.
Digifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/11, 09:36 PM   #9
Zabitan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
The merge function will always put the older posts at the top.
Huh I didn't know that.

Anyway this may sound weird but was PLEX the ones who made the Battle Grid suits?

Another thing I wonder is how do you think the Troopers would do in Battle Grid mode against either the mutant scouts, the ultra skugs, or the vixens?

Last edited by Zabitan; 08/24/11 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11/27/11, 05:31 PM   #10
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Some thoughts on Battle Grid Mode

Sorry for the Bump but there's something I wanted to talk about.

I always wondered why whenever a Battle Grid segment happened it never truly feels like part of the episode like they originally conceived the episode without one, and then realized they needed to pad the run time, and then put one in.

Even when it is part of the story like in Kaitlin's Front Page,The Transmutant, and Dream Battle they never actually reference it.

I can think of only two episodes where they explicitly refer to the Battle Grid, and those are the Virtual Spy where Grimlord tells Graybot to fight Ryan in the Battle Grid even though Graybot doesn't appear in the Battle Grid fight, and Searching For Tyler Steele where Kaitlin says she hopes the pictures she took turn out as good as things did in the Battle Grid.

Last edited by Zabitan; 11/29/11 at 11:35 PM.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
battle grid mode