Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/21/11, 05:57 AM   #1
Digifiend
Power Ranger

Default Sayonara, Power Ranger Planet!

Power Ranger Planet... is no more. Seems Saban sent Webs a termination order. On Super Sentai Planet, the site owner says that he expects to get it back up in about a month... but since the site takedown was justified (breach of copyright), I'm not confident on that. Here's an archive version from April 2009, hopefully the Megaupload links still work.
http://web.archive.org/web/200906270...anet.webs.com/
Digifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/11, 10:32 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Sayonara, Power Ranger Planet!

Its a shame. Unfortunately, my cpu doesn't stream well so netflix won't help me much right now. I feared that this day would come ( one of the reasons why I tried not to promote Power Rangers Planets too much, I didn't want to attract this kind of attention to them). I mean there is only so long that the rights holders of PR we're going to allow these type of sites to exist. It should be noted that they are going after a lot of youtube clips too.

I don't blame Saban Brands though. They have to protect their properties. Especially with the new Netflix deal and hopefully future DVD releases. They can no longer tolerate free streaming.

I wonder if this is just the beginning? Will they go after all the encoders and the message boards with Multimedia sections? In the past only the direct downloads we're targeted. Mesh was told to take down his Overdrive downloads by Disney back in the day. Which made sense since they we're too easily accessible. It will be interesting to see how far this goes.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/11, 10:37 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Its kind of interesting, how the PR Planet is closed thread was closed at Rb. I know boards don't like to discuss other site's/board's business. But the topic of downloads and Saban Brands going after them is something that is happening to the fandom as a whole and worth discussing.
Old 06/22/11, 05:52 AM   #4
Digifiend
Power Ranger

If Megaupload gets targeted, we've had it. Netflix's No Export For You status makes it very annoying. Couldn't they have made them available free legally, like Marvel does with the old 90s cartoons (and some older cartoons and the 1978 Spiderman toku)?
Old 06/22/11, 07:02 PM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

Why would they have it available for free when they can have a premium service. Unless you have ad support ( which I could be an option in the future).
Old 06/23/11, 05:44 AM   #6
Digifiend
Power Ranger

Strange thing is, I don't know how Disney fund the Marvel streaming...
Old 06/25/11, 10:37 AM   #7
Digifiend
Power Ranger

Well I didn't expect that - it's back online!
Post New ThreadReply