Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Digimon Central

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07/17/06, 05:59 PM   #1
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo
Default Season 3's finale feel rushed?

I don't know about you, but when I saw the big ending to season 3 of Digimon, the dagger in the heart felt way too quick. We see the kids scan the red card so their Digimon can enter the D-Reaper, but we have no idea what the consequence is until after they get out, and discover they must return to the Digital World or else they'll cease to exist.

With such a big punch to the gut occuring, I'd have expected they play it out like in season 1, where the kids all have one last bonding moment with their partner before they part ways for good. All the teary-eyedness of the scene just feels so artificial because it goes by so fast. And what especially bothers me about it is that the D-Reaper saga had plenty of room for the one extra episode I wanted them to spend on it, that arc seriously dragged in areas.

Am I crazy, or did anyone else feel the same?
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/06, 09:10 AM   #2
NinjaJack
Putty Patroller

Default RE: Season 3's finale feel rushed?

I felt the same way but it was more a shock value the way it turned out. Still better than how 04 turned out, ouch!
NinjaJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/20/06, 04:37 PM   #3
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo
Default RE: Season 3's finale feel rushed?

That's what really hurts. Season 3 was so well constructed until the D-Reaper story. Then the whole thing becomes about Jeri and yet another new type of Reaper drone that attacks. And don't get me started on "Alice"...
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply