Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/04/18, 12:33 AM   #21
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Why did they ruin the series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie View Post
Couldn they just shoot their own footage? The effects didn't look too expensive.
Yes they could have but it's not just the effects that would be the problem. They would need to make new suits, build miniature sets for the Giant battles and a whole bunch more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
Actually its very expensive.

But ironically they did shoot a lot more original footage in season 2 and 3. It was just still easier to go with the Thunderzords over the Dinos. Shooting zord scenes is tough. Especially back then when CGI wasn't a thing.
I wouldn't say the special effects itself are that expensive it's more producing your own content that's expensive since you need the required suits and props, you need a written script so both sides know how to react when there is supposed to be dialogue, you need time to choreograph all "fights" so there aren't any accidents. You don't want to end up like Thuy or Lightspeed's Alison who both got hurt doing something. Not to mention producing Giant battles is practically next-to-impossible since it takes a whole lot of time due to how hot those zord suits can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailey Hartford View Post
Katherine had her slip-ups as "good." I honestly believe she was more herself when she was evil. The true reason why the spell lasted so long was due to her jealousy of Kimberly and her crush on Tommy. I also noticed when Tommy was alone with Katherine even while Kimberly was still there he would flirt with Katherine which angered me. It showed he still had an evil streak inside. I honestly think Jason is better for Kimberly anyway.

Here is an interesting view on the whole Jason and Tommy thing. They represent the "YING VS. YANG" style which I honestly think took me awhile to see. Its why they originally butted heads in a few episodes. Both had leadership qualities. Jason was the squeaky clean Army type who led by example and always did the right thing.

Tommy on the other hand lived for the moment and made decisions without looking at the consequences. Its why he would slip up now and then and make rash decisions. Its what made him easy prey for Rita. Its also why it was never meant to last his relationship with Kimberly. I get that now.
I don't believe the Kat stuff that you're posting about however I do believe her crush on Tommy and therefore her jealousy definitely influenced the spell on her the only reason it lasted so long is because whenever she broke out of her spell she was usually by Rita who just put a new spell on her. I do however agree that Kimberly and Tommy were not meant for one another. I don't know who Kimberly is truly meant for but it's definitely not Tommy since she's the one who dumped him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
I think Kat's jealousy and Tommy crush did infulence her behavior. But it wasn't.really her fault because the spell took away her ability to control herself. If she wasn under an evil spell her conscious would have stopped her from acting on her negative feelings.

Thas a good way of describing Jason and Tommy. It makes a lot of sense.
exactly. Her evil spell allowed her to act on her negative feelings and keep in mind jealousy or not her jealousy made her decide to steal the Pink Coin first but if it wasn't for Bulk and Skull's interruption she also would've stolen the Yellow Coin and she had no reason to be jealous of Aisha since Aisha has never shown any romantic interest towards any of her teammates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailey Hartford View Post
She proved it she still carried her crush on Tommy even after she broke the spell which also proves her jealous of Kimberly was still there. In one episode of Zeo, she nearly told Tanya about her crush but stopped herself for some reason. I believe this was only because Tommy was upset and not due to any other reason.
I don't recall her ever being close to telling anyone not even Tanya about her crush. I recall Tommy worrying about asking Kat out on a date yet the guys were like "get real" pretty much implying they suspected she had a crush on Tommy
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/18, 03:53 PM   #22
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
I don't recall her ever being close to telling anyone not even Tanya about her crush. I recall Tommy worrying about asking Kat out on a date yet the guys were like "get real" pretty much implying they suspected she had a crush on Tommy
She is talking about the episode where Kat played waitress for Kat and Hannah. Tanya told her how nice she was. And Kat was about to comment how stupid she was for not taking the chance to go after Tommy...But stopped herself.

The episode with Tommy trying to ask Kat on a date was much later in Zeo's run. So we can presume the rest of the team has come to realize Kat is crazy about Tommy.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/06/18, 08:33 PM   #23
MattEmily
Administrator

who's Hannah?
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/18, 11:42 AM   #24
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
who's Hannah?
I meant Heather lol
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/18, 11:54 AM   #25
Earth Ranger
Putty Patroller

I liked season 1 too but I think the show actually started to find its identity with Season 2. It really started doing more of its own thing. It felt like more of its own show and less Sentai on. I feel the franchise actually took a step back when they went back to being too Sentai Heavy. Space and Galaxy did remedy this and some of the early Disney Seasons. The Chip Disney years have been better then some of the heavily Sentai Seasons.
Earth Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/18, 11:58 AM   #26
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

They ruined the series when Disney gave us that shit known as Ninja Storm that started all the crap that even Saban couldn't save.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/18, 05:05 PM   #27
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

MMPR's Tommy would never have cheated on Kimberly with Heather. But the idea Kimberly wrote Tommy some Dear John note was ridiculous.

I am just glad Kat and Tommy didn't get together in MMPR. Which means it never happened. I only wish we got to see Kimberly in the Ninja Steel team up.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/18, 05:11 PM   #28
Dino Blast
Putty Patroller

They didn't ruin anything. Power Rangers has always been a toy commercial. They had to sell the new toys. Did you honestly think they were gonna keep things the same? The MMPR season 1 formula couldn't have lasted much longer. And Season 2 was one of the best years for the series.

Also the idea some people have about seasons not counting is laughable. I am sorry but that just doesn't make sense.
Dino Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/19, 11:58 AM   #29
Zarius
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMPR Forever View Post
I am just glad Kat and Tommy didn't get together in MMPR.
So you didn't watch Zeo's "A Season To Remember" which clearly pointed out that they did?

Or read "Soul of the Dragon" which pretty much did the same thing?
Zarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/20, 05:19 PM   #30
Maverick Ranger
Putty Patroller

They couldn't realistically keep the series the same from season 1. Not when they were at the mercy of Sentai Footage. Some seasons are better then others. But I wouldn't say they ruined the seroes. Certainly not all the way back to season 2.
Maverick Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply