Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/21/17, 07:47 PM   #31
Tzachor Era
Ranger In Training

Default Re: I want to be a Power Ranger

Maybe Tzachor would cast a fan if they brought him back. He did hire a fan Story Editor.
Tzachor Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 07:49 PM   #32
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRFan4Ever View Post
I figured maybe I could get an expanded break like Tommy did. They could use the same techniques they used for the missing Rangers in season 2 and Tommy in DinoThunder. Moving to New Zealand would be tough but I think I could make it work. They would work with me if they liked me for the roll.

I'm not really interested in acting in Sentai. Power Rangers is my dream role. I think if I audition I can win the role. Maybe I can even play the Red Ranger.
only the special people would be able to negotiate the same kind of terms that JDF got for Dino Thunder they would've only done that for Ranger alumni which you aren't you're not even a celebrity and no they wouldn't work with you no matter how much they may like you for any kind of role you're not a celebrity so you wouldn't be getting special treatment like that
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 07:52 PM   #33
Tzachor Era
Ranger In Training

I bet Tzachor would work with him if he thought it was worth it.
Tzachor Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 07:56 PM   #34
VR Master
Power Ranger

If your somehow cast as a Ranger, there is no way you will be able to dictate terms. You will have to do things their way or turn down the role.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 08:10 PM   #35
PRFan4Ever
Putty Patroller

Well I kinda figured they would really want me if they saw me audition and I could negotiate my terms. But I guess I would have to stay in New Zealand as long as they need me. But the 16 hour days wouldn't be that bad. It would be like playing Power Rangers all day.
PRFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 08:14 PM   #36
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Quote:
Well I kinda figured they would really want me if they saw me audition and I could negotiate my terms. But I guess I would have to stay in New Zealand as long as they need me. But the 16 hour days wouldn't be that bad. It would be like playing Power Rangers all day.
It doesn't work like that. Your not playing Power Rangers. Your working long hours on a set shooting multi takes of various scenes. This wouldn't be a cosplay group.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/17, 08:32 AM   #37
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge View Post
It doesn't work like that. Your not playing Power Rangers. Your working long hours on a set shooting multi takes of various scenes. This wouldn't be a cosplay group.
You wouldn't be special enough in order to negotiate terms in their eyes.

And no you wouldn't be playing Power Rangers. It's not the same thing as cosplaying, in fact the odds of you even wearing the suit on set would be extremely slim. Most people just wear their suits for promotional purposes, granted you have to do a fitting beforehand... So they can tailor your suit to your measurements.

Stunt doubles are the ones who wear the suits. They'd be off doing their own work while you're shooting your own stuff.

Peter (Preston on Ninja Steel) even said that he only got to wear the suit 3 times.
Old 12/22/17, 11:45 AM   #38
PRFan4Ever
Putty Patroller

Thats why I would be willing to do my own stunts. It would be so fun. I bet they have some good battles off screen.
PRFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/17, 12:03 PM   #39
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Thats why I would be willing to do my own stunts. It would be so fun. I bet they have some good battles off screen.
it wouldn't matter if you did your own stunts you still wouldn't do the Ranger action.

Let's use Zeo as an example.

The hero team (that'd be Catherine, Nakia, JDF, etc. meaning the actors who portray the characters) would've been off filming Power Chamber, school and Youth Center stuff while the stunt team would've been elsewhere fighting Cogs and other monsters.
Old 12/22/17, 06:46 PM   #40
Billy in The Middle
Putty Patroller

Yeah, I don't think the op really understands how hard it really is. And its hard enough as it is to just get the role.
Billy in The Middle is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply