Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/16/18, 02:17 AM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Interesting topic from another board

I came across this topic elsewhere so I thought I'd post about it.

Quote:
I never did get my head around what morphing did, exactly.
Supposedly it gave them powers, but how much so?
1. Kimberly was still sick with a cold, even after morphing. She was sneezing in her helmet.
2. Speaking of helmets, they could just take them off to talk to Zordon. So was it really just a costume?
3. Jason briefly fought with the Green Ranger, yet he wasn't destroyed or anything. It only got serious when the Green Ranger brought a sword to the fight.
4. What would happen if a handicapped person morphed?
5. The Blue Ranger could fight, but not Billy (at least initially).
6. I vaguely remember a kid morphing into an adult form in a later season.

I realize it's a kid's show and I'm probably over-analyzing this, but I can't wrap my head around the mechanics of it all. Perhaps the answers are in the Japanese version?
Quote:
And when he took HIS helmet off, would he be some kind of horrible child's head on a man's body mutant, or would he somehow instantly shrink down to 8-year-old size?
Keep in mind that this was from another board and it was 2 years ago.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/18, 11:23 AM   #2
Bandora's Ghost
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Interesting topic from another board

It would be interesting to see a handicap Ranger morph. We did see it can give injured Rangers temporary relief. Which makes it seem like morphing wouldn't cover for disabilities. But then Justin grew everytime me morphed so who knows?
Bandora's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/18, 11:34 AM   #3
Forever Jason
Ranger In Training

Jason was clearly in a defensive position. Green Ranger never did anything destructive enough. Some of that was plot convience of course. If Jason didn't get put of there when he did he wpuld have died. Since the Green Ranger was about to stab him.
Forever Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/18, 06:10 PM   #4
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

I think a disabled Ranger would have their handicap covered. If an injury happened it would be different.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/18, 06:57 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
I never did get my head around what morphing did, exactly.
Supposedly it gave them powers, but how much so?
1. Kimberly was still sick with a cold, even after morphing. She was sneezing in her helmet.
2. Speaking of helmets, they could just take them off to talk to Zordon. So was it really just a costume?
3. Jason briefly fought with the Green Ranger, yet he wasn't destroyed or anything. It only got serious when the Green Ranger brought a sword to the fight.
4. What would happen if a handicapped person morphed?
5. The Blue Ranger could fight, but not Billy (at least initially).
6. I vaguely remember a kid morphing into an adult form in a later season.

I realize it's a kid's show and I'm probably over-analyzing this, but I can't wrap my head around the mechanics of it all. Perhaps the answers are in the Japanese version?
1. morphing just changes their appearance into their suit and if necessary it also sizes them up and also amps up their abilities. Some teams know abilities right away but there're those like RPM that didn't know them right away.

2. no it's not just a costume their suits have standby modes which is basically what I would say the helmetless function is for.

3. I believe that's because Tommy was already a skilled fighter and because of which his skills weren't increased that much unless he fought multiple Rangers.

4. The handicapped issue would be covered.
5. most Rangers automatically get the knowledge to get their skills including fighting skills depending on the team

6. that was Justin.

Quote:
And when he took HIS helmet off, would he be some kind of horrible child's head on a man's body mutant, or would he somehow instantly shrink down to 8-year-old size?
nope he was still the regular Justin just in a shorter suit.
Old 01/16/18, 10:49 PM   #6
Sentai Rules
Sentai Snob

It depends a lot on the Sentai Footage.
Sentai Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/18, 11:08 PM   #7
Jen's Revenge
Power Ranger

It is funny how injuries were temporally healed but not for long, even if the Ranger was still morphed.
Jen's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/18, 01:01 AM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:

I forgot to answer these parts to the message.
1. I believe it's because the cold is a human ailment so alien technology couldn't bypass a human disease.

2. yes it is and yes you are but it's fine to over-analyze stuff and no they aren't in fact the powers in Sentai while they have the same suits the origins are generally different in fact the best way to put it is that the Sentai suits are more like armor whereas the Ranger suits are pretty much magical suits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Revenge View Post
It is funny how injuries were temporally healed but not for long, even if the Ranger was still morphed.
yea true unless you're S.P.D.
Old 01/18/18, 05:13 PM   #9
Geki's Pride
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Jason View Post
Jason was clearly in a defensive position. Green Ranger never did anything destructive enough. Some of that was plot convience of course. If Jason didn't get put of there when he did he wpuld have died. Since the Green Ranger was about to stab him.
Exactly. Goldar seemed to be toying with him. Green Rangsr would have killed Jason if he wasn't teleported out in time.
Geki's Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/18, 12:24 PM   #10
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

It would be interesting to see if morphing removes a handicap? In the new movie universe it probably would.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply