Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09/18/09, 09:09 PM   #1
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

Default Poppular Videogame to Become Movie? High Risk of a Flop...

Shadow of the Colossus is in my humble opinion one of the greatest games of all time. The game mechanics, the environment, the creature designs and the story were all unique and hugely original. Now four years after the game's release, Sony, the company that brought us the game, has announced a feature film cited for release in 2012.

Upon hearing this news I was both excited, and concerned. The risk of the film tarnishing the game, and becoming lost amongst such cult classics as "Double Dragon" and "Super Mario Bros" is exceedingly present. This is my prime concern, and indeed multiple internet pages have already counted the film out.

So this is where I step in to annoy you guys with my completely sense-of-duty driven forum thread asking fellow forum goers to support the upcoming film should it come out. Yes, I know who's involved, and I'll just tell you guys right away that the chances of this film being completely wretched amongst the stark contrast of digital eye candy is great, and I'm not expecting this film to set any legends.

Okay, so the film isn't going to be the best, and probably relly heavily on CGI. The core elements that made the game "Shadow of the Colossus" so poppular only work for a game and probably won't work out well for a movie. These are definitely concern areas, but to me it just doesn't matter. I don't know how many of you guys out there have played the game (if any at all), but it is a wonderful title, that I don't wish to see tarnished by a flop at the box office.

So many movies have flopped lately such as "Eragon" and "Street Fighter: the Legend of Chun-Li". But for all of their shortcomings they aren't bad movies, and certainly don't deserve the label. I'm tired of seeing big-budgeted films flop, and would encourage most everyone out there to just loosen up and have fun with it. Like another forum poster had stated in a previous entry, anything can sound stupid or foolish depending on how you view it. I'm simply asking that you guys go out, see the new Shadow of the Colossus and try to enjoy it, and perhaps make the film a surprise hit (the forum goers here aren't the only I'll preach to). Who knows, maybe if you convince yourselves your having a good time, and walk into with the same enthusiasm as we all did the Kamen Rider franchise, we all might enjoy ourselves for a change.
TokuNoob is offline   Reply With Quote