Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/01/14, 02:55 PM   #1
Bhayes
Putty Patroller

Default My musings on Jungle Fury and RPM I originally posted elsewhere a few years back

i really feel like Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder & SPD really rebooted the franchise and drew in new fans too.

and the show is getting lots of exposure too.

i started looking at Mystic Force but i stopped when the gold ranger appears.

Ninja Storm & Dino Thunder brought back the elements of the Earlier seasons (mmpr - zeo) , had great fight music, great costumes, and even an undercurrent of mature humor in the comic relief great bad guys, great stunts and higher quality acting. (better actors) (better dialogue) and just everything was just better. great stunts. some of the stunts done in the ninja storm - dino thunder & SPD seasons surpass that of some big budget mainstream films.

with each season the show got better and better. when ninja storm aired i thought that the show couldn't get any better, then dino thunder came along and dino thunder surpassed Ninja Storm.

then i thought well the show can't get any better then SPD raised the bar even higher.
even though SPD is visually a homage to space & time force seasons ( and i personally hate those seasons- no offense to those who love those seasons)

SPD by far has been the BEST season of PR in my opinoin. (with the exception of the TEAM UP with dino thunder). The humor - the team conflict. the stunts, i mean dekaranger as a sentai series SUCKED. but the creative folks behind the show did an AMAZING job with the footage. i think the soundtrack and the cast. by PR standards it was just a great series. it was a series season too.

the best part of SPD is when the rangers get SWAT trainng and the ulitmate battle at the end.

Mystic Force was slightly watered down. but only slightly. this season was still a great season. it had a great story arc. it was semi serious. except for some moments where the acting was alittle bad and the humor was off. i still liked this season. alot. and this season also had great fight music too. i stopped looking at mystic force after the gold ranger appears. great music during the gold ranger entrance.

anyways. i missed out on jingle fury & operation overdrive. i ahve been looking at the eps. and i have to say. Why did they water PR down like this?

i mean the bad acting, the bad dialogue, the character-actors have almost no chemistry. the humor is very fluffy and child like unlike the earlier seasons. the acting is bad. the bad guys are morons.

with the exception of the "once a ranger" team up this season was not very entertainng. i mean sure the kiddies im sure loved this season.

i mean sure the costumes and vehicles are really great. they are. the DESIGN OF THE SHOW ARE beutiful. but everything else Sucks. but the stunts and the overall feel of th show is a huge step down. the fight music is also VERY VERY bad.

and for Jungle Fury suffers from the same problems.

i would even go as far as saying that jungle fury & operation overdrive border on being Wild Force bad. I mean operation overdrive is just a HUGE step down from what we have seen before.

did disney force the producers to tone PR down for 2 seasons?

I know that some of you dudes are in contact with the producers and writers. what was the fan reaction to Jungle Fury & Operation OVerdrive when they aired?

now RPM has seemed to bring back the seriousness and EPICNESS and SCI-FI appeal of SPD. also its been a while since PR had a soundtrack too. great music. great acting. great story and so on. better actors, chemistry. i love the "mad max beyond thunderdome"

the Dillion character is awesome. the idea of death or the threat of death is there. everything is just great again.

did a negative fan reaction to Operation Overdrive and Jungle Fury make the Producers get their act together and make a better Season?
Bhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply