Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/28/03, 04:46 PM   #1
DarkTerror
Putty Patroller

Default Question of C2D

In that episode. Did they get all the old cast members of villains to be there to do the talking or acting.

Or was this way pre-planned.

Like that little blurb with the Machine empire and that its the greatest battle of the universe. They must have pre made that or they got everyone to come to do the voices for a bit.

But i think they must have pre made it, because outside the fortress of machine they all said nothing.

Now Divatox and Z@R that possibly could have been done during the filming of the episode.

What do you guys think?

And who thinks that C2D should have been a little bit longer. This episode really did put an end to an era. It should have been like 4 episodes and it almost relive those times of the old bad guys. The first one the invasion. The second as the force of Divatox and R@Z conquer what they conquered. Third Machine empire and Astronema conquer what they conquered. And fourth the conclusion
DarkTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/03, 04:46 PM   #2
puperazzi
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Question of C2D

I believe the Machine Empire dialog came from PRZ episodes.

4 episodes, IMO, would have been too long. 3 could have been done well, but it also could have unnecessarily dragged the show out. 2 was great just the way they did it.
puperazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/03, 04:46 PM   #3
Moonsknight
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTerror View Post
And who thinks that C2D should have been a little bit longer. This episode really did put an end to an era. It should have been like 4 episodes and it almost relive those times of the old bad guys. The first one the invasion. The second as the force of Divatox and R@Z conquer what they conquered. Third Machine empire and Astronema conquer what they conquered. And fourth the conclusion
Technically, it was, kind of. The final few episodes before that were all building up for the big finale, beginning with the destruction of the Delta Megazord and the Mega Voyager. It was all planned in order to build up to the huge finale.
Moonsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/03, 04:46 PM   #4
SirStack
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by puperazzi View Post
It didn't. Had they been able to lift dialogue from episodes like that, Queen Machina would have talked. She didn't (last time she did, in "From Out Of Nowhere", she was voiced by a new actress, since Alex Borstein was on MadTV at that point). The only ones who did speak were Sprocket, Mondo, and Klank. All three of which had voice actors who were STILL working for Animaze, and still did PR stuff for years after PRZ. Klank's voice actor voiced the White Knight in PRTF, for instance. Mondo's did a few months in PRLR & PRTF. And Sprocket's was Rita's voice actress.

This isn't like getting a Ranger actor back. These people are part of the Animaze voice actor's group for the most part, and are always on call for certain roles. Voice actors tend to keep in touch with the show, especially since they can do a variety of roles and not be limited to one character visually.
SirStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/03, 04:57 PM   #5
bushwacka666
Putty Patroller

Quote:
But i think they must have pre made it, because outside the fortress of machine they all said nothing.
Not strictly true. Mondo also said something like "Ah what a perfect day was a total victory" during their attack against the Phantom Ranger and the Blue Senturion.
bushwacka666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/03, 04:57 PM   #6
Sparky Ranger
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by puperazzi View Post

4 episodes, IMO, would have been too long. 3 could have been done well, but it also could have unnecessarily dragged the show out. 2 was great just the way they did it.
Yeah but if you think about it the entire season was the countdown, it really started in Turbo when Zordon was captured.

What I ask is was Saban right to kill off all our favourite villains? I miss Zedd something awful :(
Sparky Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/03, 04:57 PM   #7
NiGhTRanGeR2003
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky Ranger View Post
Yeah but if you think about it the entire season was the countdown, it really started in Turbo when Zordon was captured.

What I ask is was Saban right to kill off all our favourite villains? I miss Zedd something awful :(
I think they wanted to kill Zordon and the past villians so that there would be a reason that the future seasons wouldn't link to the past and would be brand new.
NiGhTRanGeR2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/03, 04:57 PM   #8
Sparky Ranger
Putty Patroller

Oh I get that NightRAnger...I just loved Zedd! He has to have been my favourite american creation.
Sparky Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/03, 04:57 PM   #9
NiGhTRanGeR2003
Putty Patroller

Well, just like the monsters they create they would hae to be destroyed someday:(
NiGhTRanGeR2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/03, 04:57 PM   #10
Ray-Z
Putty Patroller

Quote:
In that episode. Did they get all the old cast members of villains to be there to do the talking or acting.

Or was this way pre-planned.

Like that little blurb with the Machine empire and that its the greatest battle of the universe. They must have pre made that or they got everyone to come to do the voices for a bit.

Now Divatox and Z@R that possibly could have been done during the filming of the episode.

What do you guys think?
Are you insane? Are you suggesting that voice over work for Countdown was done as early as Zeo in anticipation of the episode? Come on dude.
Ray-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply