Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/02/18, 07:52 PM   #11
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Question of C2D

now now asking a question doesn't make someone insane even if you think it's a stupid question it's not appropriate to question someone's sanity for it but to answer the top poster's question yes out of the ones who spoke they were able to get their voice actors and no nothing was pre-planned they wouldn't have had a clue what would've been going on at that point in time anyway until they wrote the script.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/18, 04:33 PM   #12
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Zeo didn't do great in ratings and Turbo made things even worse. PRiS was imagined as a sequel to Turbo and originally as the final season of the series. It was also treated as such since Justin and Adam came back as Blue Turbo and MM Black respectively. The season did have a Ranger character who had his own "lost sister" plot, which was treated in a way so it appeared that it was something that was going on even before the events in MMPR started to take place, thus setting up the idea of existent, never-seen-before PR teams outside Earth and our Galaxy (besides the Gold Zeo Ranger, the Alien Rangers and the Phantom Ranger). It introduced many new ideas and concepts for the series while staying faithful to what came before all the way back to MMPR S1. Hence why C2D had such a big impact to the then-past 6 years - it was time to say goodbye to the villains that were a part of the franchise the whole time - and it was meant to end the show. The producers did a great job making as many monster and villain suits available for filming at the time. They did plan out a big series finale and of course, you want the voice actors available when it's time to do a certain episode, especially if the episode is meant to be a 2-paer series finale. Now I'm not sure if they pre-planned the voice actors for the actual 2-part episode, but they did end up having the villains in the first 2 episodes of the season, so I think there's a good chance that some pre-planning was done (or at least the idea of it).

However, PRiS ended up increasing the ratings and eventually saved Power Rangers from cancellation. Which is why we all saw a stowaway sneaking onto a space colony the next season.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/18, 07:50 PM   #13
PRangerX
Administrator

Actually Turbo is where the ratings stopped decliing. A popular theory is that the cast changed helped since the show's target audience typically stop watching after two years. Not to take away from Space and Countdown. LG 's first half had the highest ratings ever. The second half nosedived but it got little promotion. Fox promoted Digimon's debut instead.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/18, 07:51 PM   #14
Space Hero
Ranger In Training

I do remember believing C2D was the end. But I had no access to behind the scenes info.
Space Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/18, 07:56 PM   #15
Batman Returns
Putty Patroller

I think it was a good episode and all. But it gets way overhyped. It wasn't the end all be all of PR. Plus the series has gone on for years with many other episodes that were just as good if not better.
Batman Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/18, 07:57 PM   #16
Lightspeed Zeo
Power Ranger

I think the Lightspeed Finale was actually ten times better.
Lightspeed Zeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/18, 07:59 PM   #17
Superhero Galaxy
Ranger In Training

Space and Galaxy saved PR in my opinion. They just sent too far into producing Sentai heavy PR seasons for awhile after. Love it or hate it, Ninja Storm was at less its own thing!
Superhero Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/18, 08:00 PM   #18
Time For Time Force
Shadow Ranger

Time Force was one of the times it was tood to copy Sentai.
Post New ThreadReply