Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/18/17, 11:16 AM   #11
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

Default Re: The future of Power Rangers on Nickelodeon?

Yes I encourage all Sentai Snobs and fans to buy these releases. Just stay away from buying the American Sentai DVDs like the plague.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/17, 11:17 AM   #12
Astro Omega
Power Ranger

I could see them producing dubbed Sentai for DVD but not to replace Power Rangers.
Astro Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/17, 12:33 PM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever View Post
Yes I encourage all Sentai Snobs and fans to buy these releases. Just stay away from buying the American Sentai DVDs like the plague.
that's bad business and being a bad person and a bad sport I get you hate Power Rangers but supporting it is just as valuable as supporting the Sentai subs are if you support one but not the other or vice-versa then they're going to cut off support for both DVD releases believing there's no market to be made for them and if they do that your dream of a dubbed Sentai will be forever dead with no chance of a miracle potion to resurrect it
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/17, 12:40 PM   #14
Zeo Power
Ranger In Training

I just wish Nick would devote more time to Zeo. I can't remember the last time they aired it on any of their channels.
Zeo Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/17, 12:55 PM   #15
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Nickelodeon is good for Power Rangers. Moving to another station will just bring up more issues from whatever their input would be. But I can't see PR finding a better landing spot than Nick.

Power Rangers is not stkpping Dubbed Sentai from being produced. If it weren't for PR,we wouldn't have subbed Sentai in the west. If I was just a Sentai Fan, I would absolutely want PR to do well. It only helps Super Sentai. Not to mention the fact that Toei uses the money they get from leasing PR to go towards Sentai 's prodiction budget. PR being cancelled for good would not help Sentai at all. It would hurt its exposure.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/17, 01:12 PM   #16
Ninja Ranger
Putty Patroller

It doesn't matter to me , as long as the show has a good home. It wouldn't surprise me if the series moved again. Since it has done so more than once. Heck, it could easily be sold again at some point.
Ninja Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/17, 01:28 PM   #17
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeo Power View Post
I just wish Nick would devote more time to Zeo. I can't remember the last time they aired it on any of their channels.
I don't recall them ever airing Zeo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge View Post
Nickelodeon is good for Power Rangers. Moving to another station will just bring up more issues from whatever their input would be. But I can't see PR finding a better landing spot than Nick.

Power Rangers is not stkpping Dubbed Sentai from being produced. If it weren't for PR,we wouldn't have subbed Sentai in the west. If I was just a Sentai Fan, I would absolutely want PR to do well. It only helps Super Sentai. Not to mention the fact that Toei uses the money they get from leasing PR to go towards Sentai 's prodiction budget. PR being cancelled for good would not help Sentai at all. It would hurt its exposure.
unless they went to Netflix since they don't give input they just give the order, give however much money they're comfortable with for the content and that's the extent of that.

Saban is the one who is stopping dubbed Sentai since from a business standpoint he doesn't see it as being profitable. Tzachor tried going with the rumored idea of dubbing Shinkenger as Power Rangers Samurai but Saban nixed the idea.

Saban was the one who gave the approval for the subbed Sentai releases no one could release Sentai in the U.S. and Canadian market without his approval since he holds the American rights to Sentai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Ranger View Post
It doesn't matter to me , as long as the show has a good home. It wouldn't surprise me if the series moved again. Since it has done so more than once. Heck, it could easily be sold again at some point.
It's not going to be sold. Saban regretted that the first time.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/17, 01:44 PM   #18
Ninja Ranger
Putty Patroller

Never say never. I didn't mean anytime soon. But there is nothing saying the franchise will never be sold ever again. What happens when Saban isn't around anymore? Which hopefully won't be for a very long time. But the point is we can't say there won't come a day when it is sold. I don't expect it anytime soon either though.

Last edited by Ninja Ranger; 12/31/17 at 11:41 AM.
Ninja Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/17, 06:51 PM   #19
Where's Waldo
Putty Patroller

I have no problem with Nick
Where's Waldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/17, 06:53 PM   #20
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

wrong thread.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply