Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/25/15, 12:28 PM   #1
Gokai Fan 35
Putty Patroller

Default Being Bad feels so Good: Best (and worst) of PR Villains

Power Rangers has had its share of classic villains. Many have their favorites, but I'd like to dive a bit deeper than that. Here are some categories to rate these villains.

(Feel free to use minor ones, but I'm sticking to main ones)

Best: Ransik - Probably most iconic
Worst: Fear Cats - Annoying plus would've died sooner if not cyborgs
Strongest: Lothor - I know, annoying, but he took on all rangers at once and won before banishment, plus captured whole school
Weakest: Vekar - spoiled weak prince
Smartest: Diabolico - Knows when to pick the right side.
Dumbest: Divatox - I don't think I need to go into detail.
Coolest: Zed - Voice, plus he's completely original.
Most Boring: Octomus the Master - Died after 1 battle, the final one
Most Evil: Master Org - Killer even before villain
Hottest: Astronema - I think many will agree.
Most Succesful - Venjix
Favorite: Goldar - He was definitely a survivor before Zordon's wave, got give him that
Gokai Fan 35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/15, 12:52 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Being Bad feels so Good: Best (and worst) of PR Villains

I agree with you with most of your listings but it's actually Zedd and not Zed. Also some of the other dumbest villains were of course Rito and Elgar.

I also thought Mesogog was a cool villain. Kind of like a Jekyll and Hyde personality where the evil side knows the good side is in him but doesn't consider him to be a part of him. Also he was the only villain that never did an evil laugh he would always be hissing instead. The design was awesome as well.

I personally thought Master Xandred was weak as well since he was sealed away and even though he was able to finally break the seal and was smart enough to use Dayu as protection against the Shiba Sealing Symbol he still went down pretty easily.

I disagree with hottest. I found Scorpina (the Japanese suit actress) to be hotter. I didn't find Astronema hot at all... I think it was because of all of that Astronema make up that they put on Melody that I didn't find her hot as Astronema but she was hot as Karone that's for sure.

I thought King Mondo was pretty strong since he took on the Super Zeo Megazord and even though he was destroyed he was rebuilt and took on 6 of the Rangers and was just merely defeated by them.

I disagree with the Master of the Underworld. Yes his final destruction sucked but keep in mind he was sealed for the majority of the season and when he was nearly unsealed Leanbow was able to fully seal him back so I don't agree with the fact that he's boring. Also remember Imperious had attempted to put Koragg on trial for treason and the Master ruled in favor of Koragg because of his honor... and technically he (the Master) had 3 battles since he went to deal with Mystic Mother, dealt with Daggeron and Leanbow and then there was the final battle.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/15, 12:59 PM   #3
Turbo Guy
Power Ranger

I think Divatox was an awesome villain. She was funny but still dangerous. She was so much more fun than the Machine Empire. She was even better than Rita and Zedd. The villains in Turbo were great and made the season in a lot of ways. I wish Divatox was the big bad in Space. Astronema was too serious and not funny enough.
Turbo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/15, 04:08 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

I prefer serious villains I don't like comedic villains.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/15, 04:28 PM   #5
Turbo Guy
Power Ranger

Yeah I just like the funny ones. Since I love whacky PR. Probably why I love Turbo so much. Its all a matter of opinion I guess.
Turbo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/15, 04:31 PM   #6
Phantom Stranger
Ranger In Training

Turbo's underated in a lot of ways. But I wouldn't call it my favorite. But you are right about it being subjective. I did really like Phantom through.
Phantom Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply