Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07/26/11, 09:31 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Would you have liked to seen the originals in "Passing of the Torch"

On Rangercrew, Chris Funaro made mention how the orginals we're contacted to return in "Passing of the Torch" but no one agreed to return. So it never really got past a mention in an early script? Do you think the originals would have made the two part episode better?

I am skeptical, since the power transfer sequence was already rushed as it is. I don't think the originals would have been done justice. There was just too much going on in that episode.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/11, 10:00 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Default Re: Would you have liked to seen the originals in "Passing of the Torch"

I would have like to see the actors and actress who played Jason, Zack and Trini appear for the last time in 'Passing Of The Torch'. I don't think that I'm the only one.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/15/11, 07:55 AM   #3
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Default Re: Would you have liked to seen the originals in "Passing of the Torch"

They left, the characters should have changed sooner. Instead of using stock footage and stand ins.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/11, 01:13 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

It would have been awesome seeing Zack, Kimberly, Billy, Trini and Jason again especially for such an important passing of the torch moment however it definitely would have been even more rushed than the episode was to begin with since there was no reason given for why Adam, Kat, Tanya and Tommy were giving up their powers.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/11, 02:49 PM   #5
Mnikolic
Comic Relief

Well, Austin St. John did agree to return for Zeo and the Turbo movie. He also did the special show with Walter Jones. So I guess those two definitely settled their differences with the production and with Saban. I'm not sure about Thuy Trang though.

But yes, it would be nice to see Tommy, Zack, Kimberly, Billy, Trini and Jason in this episode witness the continuation of the modern-day PR legacy that they started. However I don't think Billy would appear, because David Yost left the production during Zeo for known/personal/professional/pay reasons. If the episide (pretty much all of Turbo) was done right, it would be a nice touch. It would be like closing a circle - the originals would witness their replacements getting Ranger-retired and choosing new Rangers to replace THEM. It would be like in some families, where something important in the family is passed from parent to child.

But Rocky would also need to be present, because he's the one that replaced Jason. So for this to work like it should, we'd need Steve Cardenas to reprise his role as Rocky as well.

The more I think about this, I think that if the production was fair to everyone, they wouldn't agree to the tight filming schedule and they would be able to keep the originals of as long as they would be able to.
Mnikolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/11, 04:31 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

To be fair Austin didn't really seem to have a problem with Saban once he came back in "Zeo" but it seems like Walter was only interested in coming back once the show became union.

Yea, the production should have been fair to everyone but they didn't have to be back then because they didn't really have to follow any rules except for the required laws.
Old 11/20/11, 07:41 PM   #7
PRangerX
Administrator

I think it was inevitable that the casts we're going to change eventually. Especially with how long the show has remained.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/11, 11:39 PM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

Very true not to mention how much they ended up working and the fact that in the beginning they had to do a lot of their own stunts. Granted the first season didn't really have many American stunts to begin with since it was so heavy on Sentai footage until we got into the 2nd season.
Old 11/21/11, 02:59 AM   #9
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
Yea, the production should have been fair to everyone
No it shouldn't.

Life isn't fair, if they can't deal with that then you have no business being in show business.

Is it fair that criminals are glorified as gods just because they are super famous while good decent members of society are treated like absolute shit? No it isn't, but that is life. You have to accept it and move on.

If those actors can't deal that they were/are less important then good riddance.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/13, 09:36 PM   #10
MattEmily
Administrator

I completely disagree on that. I think companies should treat everyone equally including production companies but will they ever?

No, they won't.

Granted I don't mean a company should treat a person and another person as if they're the same person.
Post New ThreadReply