Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/10/14, 02:29 PM   #1
LunarNeos
Shadow Ranger

Thumbs up Power Rangers Cinematic Universe Like Marvel

Wouldn't it be awesome if Saban and Lionsgate made the new Power Rangers into a cinematic universe incorporating multiple Seasons at a time and actual have legit team ups like the sentai series.

What are you guys thoughts ?
Old 11/10/14, 04:34 PM   #2
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Power Rangers Cinematic Universe Like Marvel

2015: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

2016: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers II, and VR Troopers

2017: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers III, VR Troopers II, and Masked Rider

2018: Power Rangers Zeo, VR Troopers III, Masked Rider II, and Big Bad Beetle Borgs

2019: Power Rangers Turbo, Beetle Borgs Metallix, and Ninja Turtles the Next Mutation.

2020: Power Rangers in Space, Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog

2021: Power Rangers in Space II Countdown to Destruction.

Seriously though yeah I would like it if it did happen but I don't know since the first Power Rangers movie hasn't even come out yet, and it's not like we have $200 million per movie to do it ourselves.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/14, 07:57 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Its a cool idea in theory. I like the idea of using different ranger themes as their own movie series an/or the idea of using the take offs like VR Troopers . But there is a real danger here took.

If the MMPR movie franchise isn't strong enough, launching an expanded universe will back fire. And even if there is enough buzz, you have to be careful of overexposure. The idea of having other Rangers teams might confuse viewers too. Of course you dont have that problem with a VR Troopers movie. You can look to Sony's trouble with launching an expanded universe for Spider Man Movies as a lesson here.

Not saying it can't work. You just have to be very careful. Really the best thing to do is focusing on making the MMPR movie a success before launching anything else. Then maybe you can explore spinoffs. I do have to admit I'd love to see a In Space Movie series if things worked out well enough.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/14, 08:14 PM   #4
Zabitan
Administrator

Indeed the first Power Rangers movie hasn't even come out yet so we don't know for sure if it will be a success or not enough to justify sequels, and spin offs.

There's always starting kickstarters to fund fan films I guess if we want to do it ourselves.

Though they might not look as good as a mainstream film.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply