Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/22/15, 02:37 PM   #1
prsmith
Putty Patroller

Default Why didn't Jason and Billy talk that much during Zeo?

I wanted to rewatch the episodes of when Jason returns and throughout the course of his stay he seemed to get along quite well with everyone except Billy. Now it could've been because Billy had spent all his time inside the Power Chamber but i can count my fingers of the number of scenes Billy and Jason spoke to each other which was always short. It's surprising because the two are part of the original 5 MMPR so one would think they could've had the most interaction since they already knew each other but that wasn't the case.

Jason mostly meshed well with Tommy and Kat and had some fair time with Tanya, Rocky,and Adam while his one on one times with Billy were short and distant. The times they did speak it was mostly if trouble was ahead or if Billy had an answer to an issue involving Jason. The only solution i can think of is new people were involved so both guys wanted to branch out and make new friends and not be so attached to each other. This could only be me but did anyone else feel that way during the season? Perhaps I'm thinking of it too much and need to be corrected but I'm certain of my eyes that i saw the issue going on of the two.
prsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 02:39 PM   #2
Internut
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Why didn't Jason and Billy talk that much during Zeo?

I assume it was a mix of all the problems David Yost was having behind the scenes:

-Force pay cut since he was demoted to extra rather than Ranger
-Constantly insulted at work for his homosexuality
-Leaving abruptly before the Alien Ranger team up (anyone know his last episode before that?)

He just wasn't an important character in Zeo. He was basically the new alpha that the writers didn't really know what to do with except for 'make new toys'. Besides, Zeo's story fell apart by the end with or without Billy still being around.
Internut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/25/15, 03:48 PM   #3
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

Default Re: Why didn't Jason and Billy talk that much during Zeo?

^ That could very well be a part of it. Since Jason had returned to Ranger duties, its possible he was more focused on helping fight against the Empire then talk to his friend about the old days. Plus Billy was more often off to the side, sadly. He would pipe up when he had an idea or if something bad was happening, and that would be it.

It saddens me that this was Billy's last season, and that David left on such a sour note. I felt he could have been really well utilized in Turbo.
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply